Author Topic: Breaking News: Snoop Dogg & Interscope/Geffen Part Ways.  (Read 2795 times)

dizell21

• Lil Geezy
Re: Breaking News: Snoop Dogg & Interscope/Geffen Part Ways.
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2009, 07:46:52 PM »
Snoop's doing one of these 3 moves.

1. He's signing with Live Nation. Snoop's catalogue is huge Live Nation gives you upfront money. Snoop won't get Jay-z money (150 mill), but he can get say (50-100 mill up front) Remember Live Nation only care s mostly about your merchandising, Touring, and dollars outside music which they get 20 percent off top. Snoop can easily tour for the next 10 years, and Live Nation can easily Recoup 60-75 mill from him. Remember Live Nation, has Jay-z, Wayne (for touring they manage Wayne), soon to have Janet Jackson, they now can make a headline tour with Jay-z, Snoop, Wayne, and Janet if they wanted to. You know what kind of worldwide tour that would be? Man the could make half a billion off a worldwide tour like that.

2. Warner Bros. (which owns Atlantic) Snoop is an Icon, he'll sign with Warner, not their sub Division Atlantic. Warner will just probably have Atlantic if anything assist in Marketing the project. This would be a great move, because I could see Warner giving him a label deal, bringing in Snoop to be executive producer of Jay Rock's project. Say what you want that would be a good co sign for Jay Rock. Also it would give Warner something they haven't had in forever a West Coast Superstar to bring in artists. Warner doesn't know how to really market a West Coast artist. They coudl possibly even give Snoop some sort of executive title (In name only of course) over there.

3. Like homie earlier said. I could say Snoop making a power move. Remember the new owners of Death Row really care about pushing Death Row back out as a label, not just releasing the vaults of Music. I could see Snoop becoming President of Death Row Records, or a partner and the face of Death row Records. If this happens look for BWS to sign a joint venture deal with Snoop and Death Row ( which means BWS/DEATH ROW and Snoop being President of Death Row) records and find a distribution home. I think Snoop has been peeping game, at Jay-z and Diddy and realizes he needs to be looked at like a mogul like them. Master p taught Snoop a lot and I think he believes he's ready for that move. I think Snoop can do it now because the heat that would come from Suge would be minimal given his power in the game. Also he retains all his masters of hits (this will be a must in this deal if Snoop's lawyers and managers are smart). Think about how much money that is for Snoop to gain his masters back for future years for him? This would make the most sense for Snoop. He could become what Dre should've been for West Coast Artists, a haven for them to come get deals through a powerful entity. Remember Death Row the brand is still huge. plus Snoop could work with 2pac's mother on releasing his music that's left unreleased. If this happens Snoop can make Death Row bigger than Aftermath and bring back a label that is a fixture forever in West Coast history.

There is a 4th possibility that he partners with Koch But realistically I don't see that happening. Snoop wants to make a Splash and also Koch can real only do so much.

Now a possibility also could be that Snoop signs a joint Venture with Aftermath. Now I know people will say he said no more albums distributed under Interscope/Geffen for him. It doesn't have to necessarily be distributed by Intercsope/Geffen. Snoop can do a joint Venture with Aftermath and do distro through Universal. Because Jimmy Iovine still gets his money off that deal even with distribution through Interscope, because he owns a majority of Aftermath. Plus Universal owns all labels under that umbrella so everyone gets their money. It works for Snoop, because Dre can be executive producers of his albums, and have Aftermath stamp, but also it's a joint Venture so he won't have to wait on Dre's crazy time frames to release an album.  He'll really be using Dre just for beats and the co sign and still have a machine like Universal behind him.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2009, 07:57:18 PM »
haha id say suge would be the "new president" of death row before snoop is when he returns or if he does
either way doubt snoop will have anything to do wit death row
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jaydc555

« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2009, 08:08:40 PM »
I'd say those are some pipe dreams dizel

Lunatic

« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2009, 08:14:12 PM »
Snoop is a star but Atlantic aint no small label..I can see him heading there..
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 08:18:25 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2009, 08:17:35 PM »
I doubt it

EFFeX

« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2009, 08:19:53 PM »
that album only had One Big single

From tha Church to that Palace was all over MTV

Couldn't escape that damn song back then, LOL.

BTW: That was a tight album.

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2009, 08:24:50 PM »
that album only had One Big single

From tha Church to that Palace was all over MTV

Couldn't escape that damn song back then, LOL.

BTW: That was a tight album.

I thought so too. A real return to consistency. From these boards, I think were in the minority, but this album was big when it came out. You couldn't escape Snoop. The albums wikipedia page gives it a glowing review, but I'm sure someone will point out that Wikipedia is not a very reliable source..

Jaydc555

« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2009, 08:43:49 PM »
I thought paid tha coss and rhythm and gangsta were snoops two worst albums

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2009, 08:47:34 PM »
both had some bangers but not bangin for the most part like others of his

I thought paid tha coss and rhythm and gangsta were snoops two worst albums
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2009, 08:51:19 PM »
Snoop Dogg should do what Diddy does and get Ortiz and Royce to write him up songs... Hasnt worked for Diddy yet but im sure that they can make some absolute bangers for Snoop to get back to his OG ways!

Dont care where he ends up as long as he drops some new heat or just brings up the next lot of snoop and dre jrs haha! 8)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2009, 08:57:01 PM »
Dude should focus on his team, I mean He got Hustle Boyz, He Got Terrace Martin, he got Dubb Union.. he should just focus on making a Good business move that could push these artist aswell, Dude is getting old he should stop acting like a rookie and jumpin on who ever is hot dick, he just needs someone that is willing to put money in him and his whole entourage.

MoneyMack

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Young Gotstra
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2009, 09:12:59 PM »
Dude should focus on his team, I mean He got Hustle Boyz, He Got Terrace Martin, he got Dubb Union.. he should just focus on making a Good business move that could push these artist aswell, Dude is getting old he should stop acting like a rookie and jumpin on who ever is hot dick, he just needs someone that is willing to put money in him and his whole entourage.

Don't forget he still gotta drop that (n I know its gonna be hot) 'The Warzone' album. Can't go wrong wit Kam, MC Eiht & Goldie Loc!
Sick Wid' It - Lench Mob - DPG - PYO - Mad Science FAN 4 LIFE!

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2009, 09:43:54 PM »
article from allhiphio.com

-----------------------------------------------------
http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/02/08/20841193.aspx

EXCLUSIVE: Snoop Dogg Finished With Geffen/Interscope 
Published Sunday, February 08, 2009 6:31 PM

By Ismael AbduSalaam

Snoop Dogg has confirmed with AllHipHop.com that he will no longer record with Interscope, his label home for over 10 years.

The split comes nearly one year after the release of Snoop's ninth studio album, Ego Trippin'.

Lead by the crossover, 80s inspired ballad "Sexual Eruption," the LP debuted at #3 on Billboard's Top 200, but fell short of gold certification.

While the West Coast veteran declined to give specific details on the reason for the sudden split, Snoop verified there will not be any final albums with Interscope.

"We are pushing the envelope on getting everything finalized," Snoop told AllHipHop.com exclusively. "But I will not be releasing anymore projects under Interscope/Geffen."

In his first tenure with Interscope under Death Row Records, Snoop released his classic, 4X platinum debut Doggystyle (1993), the platinum Murder Was the Case soundtrack (1994), and the double platinum sophomore solo Tha Doggfather (1996).

After moving to Master P's No Limit Records for 3 albums from 1998-2000, and briefly to Capitol/EMI in 2002, Snoop returned to Interscope via the Geffen imprint with 2004's well-received, platinum album R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece, 2006's The Blue Carpet Treatment (gold), and finally 2008's Ego Trippin'.

To date, Snoop Dogg is estimated to have sold over 15 million records worldwide during his tenure with Interscope.

At press time, Snoop has declined on divulge his next possible label home.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »
damn is that right?
hes only moved 15 million world wide?
Cube

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2009, 10:31:44 PM »
but then add to how many featurings he's done for big artist's albums, not to mention being all over the dre 2001 record, and not to forget the eastsidaz albums.
^^
he's made alot of money from this

then there's all the promotional shit like all the tv appearances , and all sorts of endorsements.

then there's makin money from all the concerts he did or was a part of. he most probably makes the most money from the concerts he does, rather than the music side.