Author Topic: Breaking News: Snoop Dogg & Interscope/Geffen Part Ways.  (Read 2790 times)

MoneyMack

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Young Gotstra
Re: Breaking News: Snoop Dogg & Interscope/Geffen Part Ways.
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2009, 11:40:57 AM »
I jus hope he gets a good deal, not wit Universal. Look how much they delay n fuck over even Wayne, Nelly, Cash Money artists etc wit releases. They could give 2 shits bout they rap artists.

I want that WarZone [Kam, MC Eiht, Goldie Loc] album tuh drop this year. It's only right since Dubb Union got to drop last year.
Sick Wid' It - Lench Mob - DPG - PYO - Mad Science FAN 4 LIFE!

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2009, 11:47:24 AM »
damn is that right?
hes only moved 15 million world wide?

he have sold 50 million in "those gurlz" he mention that 

Deep Cover

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2009, 12:05:48 PM »
He's never had a huge album except doggystle and even that only sold 4 million

Don't forget that doggystyle sold much more than 4 million copies. There's a difference between being certified 4x platinum and the actual sales to date. After a while they stopped certifying the doggystyle CD. I can't remember why. But there are estimates that in 2003 the CD already sold 6 a 7 million copies in the US alone let alone worldwide sales. In Europe this CD is still present in most HipHop sales charts. Don't let RIAA certification fool you. Do you really think the Chronic CD only sold 3 million copies in the US?

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2009, 12:49:57 PM »
I jus hope he gets a good deal, not wit Universal. Look how much they delay n fuck over even Wayne, Nelly, Cash Money artists etc wit releases. They could give 2 shits bout they rap artists.
true. dont forget warren G got fukked over by universal aswell. warren was sayin they hardly promoted the album, and thats why the sales were really bad.
you wouldnt expect a major label to hardly promote the album. thats something you'd expect from an indy label.
thats alot of the reason why artists release records on major label, so as to get the album promoted, so it sells alot more.
if that wasnt the case, then everybody would be on indy labels.

I want that WarZone [Kam, MC Eiht, Goldie Loc] album tuh drop this year. It's only right since Dubb Union got to drop last year.
true. that'll come out on doggystyle/koch

SO WHAS NEXT 4 THE BIG DOG???

ILIKE THE IDEA OF HIM HOLDIN POWER@ SOME LABLE OR HIS OWN LABEL, N START BRINGIN OUT NEW TALENT N SURE, EVEN HIS OLDER TALENT,

BUT WELLC

DPGC23
i think some artists would dispute snoop's skills of being a good CEO, so i'm not sure if he'll be given power over other artist's projects, unless its his own doggystyle projects.

i believe snoop will sign a new major record deal for his own solo career only. snoop will use koch to release his doggystyle projects from now on.

nad45

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2009, 02:20:42 PM »
New album in September
http://www.sohh.com/2009/02/snoop_dogg_reportedly_bre.html

Great!

But I wouldn't be surprised it gets pushed back...

MoneyMack

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Young Gotstra
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2009, 02:38:16 PM »
true. dont forget warren G got fukked over by universal aswell. warren was sayin they hardly promoted the album, and thats why the sales were really bad.
you wouldnt expect a major label to hardly promote the album. thats something you'd expect from an indy label.
thats alot of the reason why artists release records on major label, so as to get the album promoted, so it sells alot more.
if that wasnt the case, then everybody would be on indy labels.

true. that'll come out on doggystyle/koch

SO WHAS NEXT 4 THE BIG DOG???

ILIKE THE IDEA OF HIM HOLDIN POWER@ SOME LABLE OR HIS OWN LABEL, N START BRINGIN OUT NEW TALENT N SURE, EVEN HIS OLDER TALENT,

BUT WELLC

DPGC23
i think some artists would dispute snoop's skills of being a good CEO, so i'm not sure if he'll be given power over other artist's projects, unless its his own doggystyle projects.

i believe snoop will sign a new major record deal for his own solo career only. snoop will use koch to release his doggystyle projects from now on.

Yeah forgot bout Warren G gettin shafted on Universal.

So WarZone droppin on Doggystyle/Koch uh? Good shit!
Sick Wid' It - Lench Mob - DPG - PYO - Mad Science FAN 4 LIFE!

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2009, 06:49:20 AM »
Snoop should say fuck it and do something interesting now...
MAke it Doggystyle/Aftermath!!!Period!!
Thats your root ,thats what everybody wants....Its a winning combination!!!
If Snoop do not hook up with Dre now,at this time and age ,they will never do it then...but silently thats what all Snoop and Dre fans want!!!!
That will bring all snoop squad back to Dre view...Kurupt,warren G,Bad azz,Rbx,Nate dogg,Daz,e.tc
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2009, 07:18:24 AM »
Snoop should say fuck it and do something interesting now...
MAke it Doggystyle/Aftermath!!!Period!!
Thats your root ,thats what everybody wants....Its a winning combination!!!
If Snoop do not hook up with Dre now,at this time and age ,they will never do it then...but silently thats what all Snoop and Dre fans want!!!!
That will bring all snoop squad back to Dre view...Kurupt,warren G,Bad azz,Rbx,Nate dogg,Daz,e.tc

LMAO @ Snoop with Aftermath

Jimmy Iovine dick smelling like Dr. Dre shit and you think Snoop going to sign with him?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....