Author Topic: Grammys Tonight...  (Read 2443 times)

wardy

Re: Grammys Tonight...
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2009, 05:58:53 AM »
Wow, what's this I hear about Chris Brown being arrested for assault on an unnamed woman ?? (Possibly Rihanna)

Neither Brown or Rihanna at the Grammy's..

Who cares... Really..

Could care less about CB, but him beating Rihanna black n blue, like media are reporting now, is interesting.  :rant:

The shit is even on the news over here, was on breakfast news show GMTV

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2009, 06:11:28 AM »
Congratulations Wayne...you won an award for your worst album in a category with 4 albums better than yours.
It's pure shit, all about the sales and what is hot at the moment.

1980DRE

• 'G'
  • Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2009, 10:24:37 AM »
Wow, what's this I hear about Chris Brown being arrested for assault on an unnamed woman ?? (Possibly Rihanna)

Neither Brown or Rihanna at the Grammy's..

Who cares... Really..

Could care less about CB, but him beating Rihanna black n blue, like media are reporting now, is interesting.  :rant:

The shit is even on the news over here, was on breakfast news show GMTV

Apparently they were leaving clive's party and an altercation occured with rihanna and cb... by the time the police were there, cb was nowhere to be found... he turned himself in this morning to LAPD...

wardy

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2009, 10:47:35 AM »
Did it go down like this

Chris brown say "Gimme That" to Rihanna for that "Umbrella" and then said "Yo Excuse Me Miss" im gonna "Take You Down" so he slapped her from "Wall to Wall, Rihanna became "Disturbia" said he should go to "Rehab" and chris brown decided to "Run It" and told his driver to "Shut Up & Drive"

yes i was bored enough to do this  ::)

Jaydc555

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2009, 10:52:26 AM »
Well someone had to fill Whitney and bobbys shoes

Jome

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2009, 11:09:13 AM »
Did it go down like this

Chris brown say "Gimme That" to Rihanna for that "Umbrella" and then said "Yo Excuse Me Miss" im gonna "Take You Down" so he slapped her from "Wall to Wall, Rihanna became "Disturbia" said he should go to "Rehab" and chris brown decided to "Run It" and told his driver to "Shut Up & Drive"

Lmao.  ;D

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2009, 11:26:50 AM »
Did it go down like this

You must ghost write for Game.

Lunatic

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »
^he was the lead singer in Led Zepplin lol.

but the performance you heard tonight from him is not the way you want to know him anyway. :P
wasnt LZ a hardcore rock group? lol..that was some soft shit he was performin..

lol wow. and you're a music journalist.
hiphop journalist :)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2009, 01:23:25 PM »
did anyone else think those 3 homo lookin brothers fucked up Stevie Wonder's song? :P

that shit was just flat out awful. :-X

Jaydc555

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »
And who cares about neil diamond?the grammys is a popularity contest mixed with a bunch of awards given to artist that were relevant 30 years ago

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2009, 02:03:54 PM »
And who cares about neil diamond?the grammys is a popularity contest mixed with a bunch of awards given to artist that were relevant 30 years ago

thats been a given lol.

Wayne "hip hop album of the year"; one of the biggest legends in music (Robert Plant), puts out some mediocre album; but dear god! its Robert Plant! he gets the award! ::)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2009, 02:16:34 PM »
^he was the lead singer in Led Zepplin lol.

but the performance you heard tonight from him is not the way you want to know him anyway. :P
wasnt LZ a hardcore rock group? lol..that was some soft shit he was performin..

lol wow. and you're a music journalist.
hiphop journalist :)

It'd still be better to know what came before and influenced hip hop

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8py60u

did anyone else think those 3 homo lookin brothers fucked up Stevie Wonder's song? :P

that shit was just flat out awful. :-X

Now you know how I feel every time I hear a blatant loop of a song I love sampled by a hip hop producer and people call the guy a genius when they are mostly just ruining the song.

For the record, the Jonas Brothers did fuck up that great song. But it wasn't any worse than Jamie Fox and Neyo trying to be the Four Tops.

Whatever, let the old guy have his fun. Even old, tired, mostly mediocre Niel Diamond is better than watching Kanye performing.

thats been a given lol.

Wayne "hip hop album of the year"; one of the biggest legends in music (Robert Plant), puts out some mediocre album; but dear god! its Robert Plant! he gets the award! ::)

For the second time, it was a phenomenal album. Too good for the Grammys. And I'm not that big of a Zep fan to begin with, and certainly never cared for Plant's post-Zep work.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2009, 02:20:21 PM »
^i was feelin The Four Tops. i mean clearly not the same, but it was still a good performances in my eyes.

i barely heard any of the Plant album, but i looked up a few songs & didnt think they were all that special, but its your opinon.

also, am i the only one who didnt know Static Major passed? ???

they had that big tribute, showing who died in music this past year & he came up, i was shocked. :o

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2009, 02:38:31 PM »
^i was feelin The Four Tops. i mean clearly not the same, but it was still a good performances in my eyes.

i barely heard any of the Plant album, but i looked up a few songs & didnt think they were all that special, but its your opinon.

also, am i the only one who didnt know Static Major passed? ???

they had that big tribute, showing who died in music this past year & he came up, i was shocked. :o

The point I was making was compared to Stevie in the 70s, the Jonas brothers butchered the song, and compared to the Tops of the 60s The Four Bottoms on that stage butchered that song.

It's more than my opinion, it's my understanding of roots music. You saying you weren't feeling Raising Sand, is like Bill O'Reilly saying he wasn't feeling Stillmatic. If you don't have a taste for the genre of music in question and never listen to it you can never tell the good from the mediocre, and never really have an opinion of the album.

That being said, you can still have a perfecty wondeful life and love of music with out ever getting into American roots music. If some DJ Tiesto house album won the award I wouldn't understand why because I have no taste for that sound.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2009, 03:11:54 PM »

awesome song by plant, i think its from that album that won, its the only one i heard but its fuckin awesome