Author Topic: Big C-Style Presents 19th Street LBC Compilation  (Read 1470 times)

Okka

Re: Big C-Style Presents 19th Street LBC Compilation
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2009, 03:39:27 AM »
Damn you need to release that shit...

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2009, 04:12:38 AM »
What do you think about that Straight Outta Cali compilation? I think it was good also...although I was sleepy and half-listening. Gonna listen to it right now.

It was good, but nowhere near "19th LBC Street Compilation".

Another good complimation was "escape from deathrow" , Big low life preseants.

Soopahigh

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2009, 10:56:27 AM »
damn, coco loc...I been a fan of da low lifes for years...ever since 98...man I been waiting on an album from you guys for too long.  I remember hearing back in 2004 an interview and you guys saying you have like 10 albums in the vaults.  Damn you need to release that shit...

BIGWORM

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2009, 11:23:01 AM »
I own a promo copy of this. Hella dope CD! I'm gunna upload my CDQ version  8)

Yeah so do I it has a gold stamp on it saying advance copy for promo only on the cover. I bought it I think about 10 years ago.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2009, 06:26:40 PM »
Dig that... yea that was the dayz.. we had fun doin that project, that's still my favorite album till today.... my nigga Crooked I been one a tha tightest Mc'c since then..... but look 4 that nigga coke loc.. he aint no joke either...lol......much love to my big homie Big C-Style........

What happened to that album you (Lowlifes) was supposed to be droppin years ago?

It's in the vault.... bout 4 or 5 of em' as a matter of fact,  lol.. we just put together this " Leaders of the New School project with Bad Ass, so be on the look out for that.....

we have some big thangs in the works...

what aws it like working with Crook back then??  was Snoop around?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

acgrundy

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2009, 06:54:46 PM »
Dig that... yea that was the dayz.. we had fun doin that project, that's still my favorite album till today.... my nigga Crooked I been one a tha tightest Mc'c since then..... but look 4 that nigga coke loc.. he aint no joke either...lol......much love to my big homie Big C-Style........

What happened to that album you (Lowlifes) was supposed to be droppin years ago?

It's in the vault.... bout 4 or 5 of em' as a matter of fact,  lol.. we just put together this " Leaders of the New School project with Bad Ass, so be on the look out for that.....

yeah snoop was around...he helped bring a lot of that compilation together I believe...that is why swoop g got kicked off the compilation...he was on the original version of bustaz.  Apparently kurupt was on some tracks too...I guess they did several versions of some tracks.  Dubcnn did an interview w/ Perfec (Mark Spitz) a couple years back, and he gives a lot of cool insight onto this compilation.

Okka

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2009, 07:43:42 PM »
Yeah, it was Snoop who told Big Style that he needs to fuck with Crooked.

yeah snoop was around...he helped bring a lot of that compilation together I believe...that is why swoop g got kicked off the compilation...he was on the original version of bustaz.  Apparently kurupt was on some tracks too...I guess they did several versions of some tracks.

Swoop G got kicked out of DPG cuz of money issues, if i remember right. Are you sho' Kurupt was on it?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:48:01 PM by Okka »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2009, 07:55:22 PM »

yeah snoop was around...he helped bring a lot of that compilation together I believe...that is why swoop g got kicked off the compilation...he was on the original version of bustaz.  Apparently kurupt was on some tracks too...I guess they did several versions of some tracks.  Dubcnn did an interview w/ Perfec (Mark Spitz) a couple years back, and he gives a lot of cool insight onto this compilation.

ive always thought "Kingpin" and "Don't Test Me"  (Straight outta cal) were better than anything on the 19th street cd      (ok, MAYBE Stay out of LA is as good as those two tracks)
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

acgrundy

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2009, 10:37:11 PM »
Yeah, it was Snoop who told Big Style that he needs to fuck with Crooked.

yeah snoop was around...he helped bring a lot of that compilation together I believe...that is why swoop g got kicked off the compilation...he was on the original version of bustaz.  Apparently kurupt was on some tracks too...I guess they did several versions of some tracks.

Swoop G got kicked out of DPG cuz of money issues, if i remember right. Are you sho' Kurupt was on it?

It was probably money was the reason swoop and dpg were beefing.  but yeah, I'm pretty sure swoop g was taken off the song due to the beef.

yeah...in the interview perfec talks about how kurupt was originally on the chorus of a song, but then got switched out to give him a chance.  I don't know, its been a couple of years since I read the interview, but a lot of cool stuff from it.  He talked about how many guys were around the studio back in the day, and just how much music they used to make that has never seen the light of day.  Maybe someone from dubcnn can give a link to that interview...I looked for it and can't find it...hell, maybe I read it from a different website.

Coke Loc

• Lil Geezy
  • HE IS I & I AM HIM........
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2009, 09:08:01 AM »

Yea it was cool workin with crooked back then, he's a cool dude, as talented as he is and was he was always a humble man... and yea Snoop was around, that's him on that hook on " stay out of LA " 
THE LOWLIFE KING

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2009, 11:03:03 AM »

Yea it was cool workin with crooked back then, he's a cool dude, as talented as he is and was he was always a humble man... and yea Snoop was around, that's him on that hook on " stay out of LA " 

what was your fav track on that CD?

were Snoop and Crook cool back then i assume??

Coke Loc

• Lil Geezy
  • HE IS I & I AM HIM........
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2009, 11:16:47 AM »

what was your fav track on that CD?

were Snoop and Crook cool back then i assume??
my favorite songs on that album were... Stay out of LA, flossin, gangsta gangsta, and papa chasin.... and yea dogg and crooked use to get along back then.. we were a big family cocked bac ready to take the game by storm... but unfortunately ..life happens............
THE LOWLIFE KING

Rick McCrank

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2009, 01:59:46 PM »
someone hook it up

always wanted to hear it but could never find it

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2009, 02:01:15 PM »
someone hook it up

always wanted to hear it but could never find it

its so ill

theres gotta be a link somehwere nearby

Luigi Vercotti

• Lil Geezy
  • High Class
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2009, 02:03:15 PM »
High class material. True classic. 8)
I decided to open a high class night club for the gentry at Biggleswade with international cuisine and cooking and top line acts, and not a cheap clip joint for picking up tarts -- that was right out, I deny that completely.