Author Topic: "Answers From The Book Of Knoc" - Knoc-Turn'Al Talks Unreleased Dr. Dre Songs...  (Read 922 times)

Lunatic

http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1310/56/

Raptalk.Net is right back it on Monday (as usual) with the fourth installment of our "Answers from the Book of Knoc" series." In this specific installment, Knoc-Turn'Al talks about his mentor and west coast legendary producer, Dr. Dre. Knoc discusses the amount of unreleased tracks he holds with the surgeon general and the number is sure to surprise people.

"I don't give a fuck 'cause I'm just drankin', smokin', straight west coastin'..." y'all know the rest! that is ofcourse the hook that made Knoc-Turn'Al famous to a more mainstream audience, and Knoc talks about that chorus and who wrote it and why they did.

Auto Tune! the latest trend in Hip-Hop which has seen many artists such as Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Kanye West and more jump the bandwagon; well there be any Auto Tune appearances on "The Book of Knoc?" Read and find out!

Raptalk.Net: Laconic wants to know, “What is Knoc-Turn’Al’s favorite musical instrument?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: My favorite instrument would have to be the piano. Nah, let me be real. It’s called the French Horn.

Raptalk.Net: Knoc-Turn'Al is keeping it real and uncut on Raptalk.Net! Okka asks, “How many tracks do you have with Dr. Dre that are unreleased?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Maybe about, a little over 180. It doesn’t matter what’s unreleased, it matters what Dr. Dre thinks is good enough. I don’t know what a hit is. Everything he tells me is a good one, it comes out. The only thing I went against the grain with him with was the song with Missy Elliot and Dr. Dre. I told him (Dre) I love this song. It was supposed to be a song that said “don’t want to be just like Mike?” it was supposed to be a commercial for Michael Jordan. What ended up happening was I told him I wanted that beat and he gave it to me. I appreciated him for that. It ended up being a song with me, Dr. Dre and Missy Elliot.

Raptalk.Net: “The Knoc.”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Yep, “The Knoc.” (Starts singing) “Take it easy…”

Raptalk.Net: Damn, that is crazy how many tracks yourself and Dre got locked up in the vaults.

Jaydc555 asks, “If you could form a super group, who would be in it alongside yourself?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: The first person I would have to add is Busta Rhymes. The next person I would have to add is Jay-Z. There is a way people critique their rhymes. The third person I would have to add is Nas. Let me tell you, Nas does incredible things with very little room to work with as far as syllables are concerned. Anytime you can talk and leave room for three syllables after you just used eight syllables, you can rap in my book. You deserve an award.

Raptalk.Net: Now that would be one hell of a group!
Daniel wants to know, “Is their any auto tune on “The Book of Knoc?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: (starts singing) “Ohh wee”. Of course Akon is on there (the album) as well. Sometimes you have to sit back and revert to something else. I did a song after I did a song with him (Akon) and he has a great talent. But one thing for sure is I thought about it and felt like Roger Troutman deserves to Rest in Peace. They’re taking some Roger Troutman shit. You hear me? He had a tube in his mouth with a keyboard and he was playing notes. I just felt like that’s kind of disrespectful. Ofcourse Roger Troutman was from the west coast. As was Barry White, also Rest in Peace who was from Compton.

Raptalk.Net: Egghead from G-Town wants to know, “I don’t give a fuck ‘cause I’m just drinking, smoking, straight west coasting” – that was a sick chorus! Who came up with that? You or Dr. Dre?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Me. I came up with it because I was drinking, smoking, straight west coasting. I felt good to be around Dr. Dre at the point in time. He’s not really doing it right now. People are getting older and they’re getting tired…they don’t have time for that. My only point is Dr. Dre put me on and it’s up to me to do everything else. At the same time, I’ve never done anything to Dr. Dre for him to feel any ill feelings about me.

There you have it! some more juicy details regarding Dr. Dre unreleased music, "Bad Intentions", Auto Tune/"The Book Of Knoc" album and more, straight from Knoc-Turn'Al himself!

Of course, thank you to ChronicVacation.Com, Illuminati2G.Net and SoPrupRadio.Com for also taking part in this series...
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Tha Crip

PROPS  homie....lovin these monday knoc answers.....we both know im a huge ass knoc fan as well....if u plan on doin this for awhile imma come up wit some good questions but for now ask him what he thinks of newer westcoast cats like Bishop Lamont or Game and if he plans on workin wit them, since they both kinda came after he left the game.
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

propz ! good read

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
:o over 180 tracks, that's crazy

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Thanks for asking my questions, J.  Appreciate it.  Props, man.

And I wanna hear a french horn when the album drops!!!

Lunatic

Tha Crip: Thanks! Me and Knoc are both GLAD that you are loving it..I know you a huge Knoc fan, there are plenty of those which makes me glad to be doing this series. Dog, this series is certainly gonna' go on for a WHILE so plz do come up with some questions. I will file the 1 question u just posed and Knoc will get to that.

ECC: Thanks!

Dre-Day: I know, its nuts :o

Laconic: My pleasure! Haha, maybe Knoc will make that happen..

Keep it coming guys! 

I'll also get Knoc (through my posts on here) to respond to some of your feedback if he feels the feedback is something he wants to address (through me)..

penenstamp

Good read... props.

kuruptDPG

great read homie, 180? man seems unrealistic to be honest but if thats wat he said, thats what he said, is ther anychance you can ask him to name those traks?

Lunatic

R.T.N.R: Thanks!

K4L: 180 is realistic to me; Knoc & Dre worked heavy from 99-03. Remember Knoc is the man who worked for 72 hours straight with Dre on "The Wash." I doubt he can name all 180 lol.

sofdark

tell Knoc instead of Akon, he needs Nate

Lunatic

Paul

Good read
funkyfreshintheflesh

DTG Entertainment

R.T.N.R: Thanks!

K4L: 180 is realistic to me; Knoc & Dre worked heavy from 99-03. Remember Knoc is the man who worked for 72 hours straight with Dre on "The Wash." I doubt he can name all 180 lol.

Great post. Thanks for the information. Also it is very realistic. Dre has an amazing work ethic, but everyone seems to believe he's lazy. He really does show some of his best work with Knoc.

Okka

Great info once again and thanks for askin my question homeboy ;)

OG Snoopaveli

Another good read thx luna