Author Topic: Is "I Get In" by 50 Cent officially a failure ????  (Read 1025 times)

dameons

Is "I Get In" by 50 Cent officially a failure ????
« on: February 10, 2009, 12:07:48 PM »
Shit done been out a monf and is on some major flop watch . What is 50 gonna do now ? Cain't release another single cuz then Marshall's album will get pushed backed one mo 'gin.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is "I Get In" by 50 Cent officially a failure ????
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 12:25:52 PM »
I don't know, it was just released on iTunes today and iTunes have a lot to do with chart position on Billboard (check Crack A Bottle). And before it got released it was 12 on hot rap track and 48 on rnb tracks which ain't bad for a non iTunes released track. So we should get a real picture in about 2 weeks, he did say he'll shoot a video for it but I think he'll also wait for the iTunes response. IMO it won't do good because it the 34th 50 club single, he needs to come up with something more unique.

Matty

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 12:55:15 PM »
more to do with the track being kinda pants imo. especially compared to his previous single 'get up'. if interscope are smart they won't waste money on a video and 50 will come out with a new, bigger and better, dre produced single.

penenstamp

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 12:58:58 PM »
if interscope are smart they won't waste money on a video and 50 will come out with a new, bigger and better, dre produced single.

Don't say that. Meho thinks this song is great.

snoop

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 01:11:17 PM »
if interscope are smart they won't waste money on a video and 50 will come out with a new, bigger and better, dre produced single.

I agree. Song is pretty weak in my opinion. I expect much better from Dre.

Matty

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 01:28:34 PM »
meho knows deep down that this track is a steaming turd ;D

and its certainly a unique enough track, that's part of the problem. a club single will definitely still work for 50, he just needs to make one that's A LOT better than this odd one, more along the lines of 'get up' but with bigger promotion and a non-silly video. a feature with em/dre would help massively aswell.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 01:44:35 PM »

You're a fucking retard. Show me where I said that the song is great. Since day one I have been saying that 50 sounds corny and forced on it with a predictable subject matter. I have said that the production is great and I still think that and since when does production=song ? Ever since the promo came out I've been listening to the instrumental everyday, song itself like 3 or 4 times in the last 3 weeks.

Anywys, fucking having another club single from 50, we already know that he makes the club go outta control. He needs to drop a single like Poppin Them Thangs or Heartless Monster would be a good pick.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:47:46 PM by Meho »

Matty

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 02:02:46 PM »
instrumental isn't really great either, the song is fail on all levels. major flop from 50 & dre. they need to come out with an outta control rmx part 2, then we're in business.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 02:23:17 PM »

I agree. Song is pretty weak in my opinion. I expect much better from Dre.
well, isn't it exactly what 50 requested?

Matty

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 02:31:13 PM »
i thought dre was supposed to have some kind super tight quality control when it comes to what stuff comes out. i would be embarrassed with this joint. nobody told 50 that it sucks.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 02:44:44 PM »
i thought dre was supposed to have some kind super tight quality control when it comes to what stuff comes out. i would be embarrassed with this joint. nobody told 50 that it sucks.
lol, good point  :laugh:

well it's all subjective

penenstamp

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »

You're a fucking retard. Show me where I said that the song is great. Since day one I have been saying that 50 sounds corny and forced on it with a predictable subject matter. I have said that the production is great and I still think that and since when does production=song ? Ever since the promo came out I've been listening to the instrumental everyday, song itself like 3 or 4 times in the last 3 weeks.

Anywys, fucking having another club single from 50, we already know that he makes the club go outta control. He needs to drop a single like Poppin Them Thangs or Heartless Monster would be a good pick.

Well, you did say you played it a hundred times.

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 02:58:53 PM »
I listen to this track all the time. Complete banger.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 03:44:12 PM »
I listen to this track all the time. Complete banger.

thats what i am thinking.

Meho, i thought you were the one who posted "I Get It In is going to be scratched"?

isnt that the plan?

but this song bangs! 8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 03:56:18 PM »
I misunderstood what 50 said on the radio, it's not getting scratchedd (yet).

Yeah but I'm also wondering how can Dre and Em let 50 do stuff like this. I remember when GRODT was coming out, 50 was always saying how they told him several times that his shit is wack and needs to step it up. But then they let him spit "I hate to say I told you so but I told you so" like it's nothing. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that 50 snatched the beat from Em and might have done it himself without Dre's presence in the studio and leaked it by himself too (would explain the later mixing fiasco). Because on Crack A Bottle and that R.Kelly joint you can tell that he was most likely coached by Dre. Maybe it also has something to do with Jimmy Iovine and his excellent choice of first singles (I Love My Bitch anyone?).

The main problem with the song is extremley low replay value due 50 rapping about the club yet again. We get it; when you're "In Da Club" you make people "Get Up", throw their "Hands Up" and make them go "Outta Control" when you "Get It In". Jeez 50 how bout reiventing yourself from time to time when it comes to singles. Oh well, at least I got the instrumental  8)