Author Topic: Is "I Get In" by 50 Cent officially a failure ????  (Read 1028 times)

dameons

Re: Is "I Get In" by 50 Cent officially a failure ????
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 03:59:09 PM »
hahhhhhhhha .50's music career is on life support.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 04:08:02 PM »
I misunderstood what 50 said on the radio, it's not getting scratchedd (yet).

Yeah but I'm also wondering how can Dre and Em let 50 do stuff like this. I remember when GRODT was coming out, 50 was always saying how they told him several times that his shit is wack and needs to step it up. But then they let him spit "I hate to say I told you so but I told you so" like it's nothing. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that 50 snatched the beat from Em and might have done it himself without Dre's presence in the studio and leaked it by himself too (would explain the later mixing fiasco). Because on Crack A Bottle and that R.Kelly joint you can tell that he was most likely coached by Dre. Maybe it also has something to do with Jimmy Iovine and his excellent choice of first singles (I Love My Bitch anyone?).

The main problem with the song is extremley low replay value due 50 rapping about the club yet again. We get it; when you're "In Da Club" you make people "Get Up", throw their "Hands Up" and make them go "Outta Control" when you "Get It In". Jeez 50 how bout reiventing yourself from time to time when it comes to singles. Oh well, at least I got the instrumental  8)

ohh, thanks on clearing that up. ;) 8)

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 04:59:58 PM »
I think so.  50 does need to step his single game up.  The "Days of the Week" shit is played out.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 05:02:27 PM »
^he knows he needs a club banger or a bitch track in order to sell a first single.

if he made Dre make him an old school beat & just rapped his ass off on it; he knows even if he pulled that off & it was dope to the Hip Hop ear, it wouldnt sell mainstream.

so i mean, yeah he needs to step it up, but any club banger he makes will be compared to In Da Club & he will NEVER top that, so it will always seem worse than it actually is.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 08:24:36 PM »
I have no idea but if it is I have a feeling that 50 cent could care less.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 08:34:16 PM »
yeah id say overall it was failure to major record label standards
shits aite tho
get up was better and still is overall
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 09:13:54 PM »
^he knows he needs a club banger or a bitch track in order to sell a first single.

if he made Dre make him an old school beat & just rapped his ass off on it; he knows even if he pulled that off & it was dope to the Hip Hop ear, it wouldnt sell mainstream.

so i mean, yeah he needs to step it up, but any club banger he makes will be compared to In Da Club & he will NEVER top that, so it will always seem worse than it actually is.

This isn't about In Da Club.  I think that's 50 problem.  He keeps looking at that record.  He just needs to have fun with a single and be creative with it.  I don't have problem with Club music.  Without it a club would be boring but this is too awkward to be bumped in a club.  I actually enjoy both singles but I don't think the latest single reflects what 50 can create.

sav

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 09:22:52 PM »
But then they let him spit "I hate to say I told you so but I told you so" like it's nothing.

Yeah, or "I get it in, it's because I get it in".  :-\ ::)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 09:50:04 PM »
Like Meho said, wait til it hits Itunes, then we'll see. Anyway "Crack A Bottle" is giving him enough exposure. I wonder if they'll shoot a video for that since its doing so well

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 09:51:35 PM »
haha basically
he gon blame the label or some shit but 50 can come up wit hits jus like wayne can come up wit reasons as to why he dont know hes gang bangin

I have no idea but if it is I have a feeling that 50 cent could care less.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

penenstamp

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 10:42:53 PM »
on Crack A Bottle and that R.Kelly joint you can tell that he was most likely coached by Dre.

How can you tell?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »
on Crack A Bottle and that R.Kelly joint you can tell that he was most likely coached by Dre.

How can you tell?

By the way he spits, how sharp his flow is, especially on the Kellz joint.

penenstamp

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 10:58:14 PM »

How can you tell?

By the way he spits, how sharp his flow is, especially on the Kellz joint.

He might as well have come up with that himself.

MediumL

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 12:42:18 PM »
from what ive seen the track is like in the top 30 of the us itunes chart  ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 02:17:40 PM »
IMO i can't really see how you don't like this track, waaay better than "Get Up".  "Get Up" had no replay value to me, even though it was hot the way they used it on the show.  But I think it's A little too late to release this track as a single now, he shoulda released it when it first came out.  The song has already seeped in people's veins now.  Anyone who hasn't heard this track by now just doesn't have the internet.  I say release another single with the 'dark' vibe to it (not like "i like the way she do it").