Author Topic: ***Nas Recording Album With Damian Marley*** [update title+release date]  (Read 973 times)

Elano

:o :o :o
Nas told Billboard last week he was cooking up a few surprises, and now we know one of them: an as-yet-untitled collaboration with reggae star Damian Marley.

The pair has been recording quietly in Los Angeles for the last several weeks. Nas' manager, Anthony Saleh, tells Billboard the project will most likely be released in the spring. It's not clear which label will release it; Nas is signed to Def Jam, while Marley records for Universal.

"We've been recording in a studio, where people like Mick Jagger are recording. No one knew who we were," Saleh says. "We're going to Miami this week to finish it up and we're aiming to tour for the album this summer."

In addition to its regular incarnation, the album may also be released in a special edition exclusively through Best Buy or Target. A portion of the proceeds will go toward building a school in Africa, though details are still being solidified.

As previously reported, Nas guests on a song on Dr. Dre's long-in-the-works "Detox" album, due sometime this year. He was nominated for two Grammys at Sunday's 51st annual awards but lost in both the best rap solo performance and best rap album categories.

:o :o :o
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 09:04:56 PM by The Krasnoe Dinamo »

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: ***Nas Recording Album With Damian Marley***
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:08:06 PM »
yea I saw this... I hope this will be released soon

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 10:31:48 PM »
Thi should be sweet but I hope that Damian Marley doesnt end up getting whored around... Hes just done that mean song with B Real so I can understand why Nas is so keen! Should be cool as long as everyone doesnt try to get him on their shit! 8)

Elano

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 11:48:10 PM »
This collabo album just need a SOLID production

Jaydc555

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 12:28:04 AM »
This is about the only best of worlds type album I would buy.that road to zion joint was crazy.that whole album was hot I'm going to put it in the disc changer right now

David Gutterman

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 12:30:38 AM »
sounds like a cool thing

here's an old video:

Damian Marley Ft. Nas - Road To Zion - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KNQ4KI6V

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 12:37:59 AM »
Damn...looking forward to this shit  8)

Elano

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 04:26:08 AM »
Which producers/beatmakers do you hope to see on this record ?

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 04:36:50 AM »
Which producers/beatmakers do you hope to see on this record ?

Maybe Stphen Marley who has produced most of the Damien Marley's albums... and Polow Da Don perhaps, "Hero's" beat is pretty dope. DJ Green Lantern has also produced couple of songs for Nas lately, maybe him. And DJ Toomp. And since it is Nas' album, I gotta say DJ Premier & Dre.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 05:11:08 AM »
Hopefully that Game song "Street Ryders" will be on it, cause Damian was suppose to be on the hook but didnt get cleared and Nas had a verse on it, the song sounded unreal. I doubt it will be on it though since its a Game track!!!

Elano

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 12:14:11 PM »
Hopefully that Game song "Street Ryders" will be on it, cause Damian was suppose to be on the hook but didnt get cleared and Nas had a verse on it, the song sounded unreal. I doubt it will be on it though since its a Game track!!!

this album must be an album with no features,or just one (stephen marley).....

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 12:16:30 PM »
no hate, will probably never come out. there's been 3553 stories of 2 artists working on a joint album with very few being released.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 05:48:43 PM »
no hate, will probably never come out. there's been 3553 stories of 2 artists working on a joint album with very few being released.

Yah, im pretty sure it aint gonna come out anytime soon if ever!!!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 05:52:35 PM »
damn this gon be interestin
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Elano

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 11:40:14 PM »

Yah, im pretty sure it aint gonna come out anytime soon if ever!!!

ah,you are pretty sure  ::)