Author Topic: ***Nas Recording Album With Damian Marley*** [update title+release date]  (Read 961 times)

Elano

Re: ***Nas Recording Album With Damian Marley***
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 08:54:49 AM »
Nas took to the blogs late last week to update fans about his wife, R&B singer, Kelis’ pregnancy. The pair just recently announced the exciting news that they are expecting their first child together .
In a blog posted to Russell Simmons' website, Globalgrind.com, Nas enthusiastically announced that he and Kelis will indeed be expecting a baby boy.
“Personally, life is good,” he wrote on the site. “I'm sure that y'all heard K is expecting. The Internet seems to be more excited than I am. It's crazy! I got too much to think about, and I didn't wanna leave all my fans out the loop. But I wanted to let ya'll know from me personally that I'm having my first SON!!!!!”
This will be the Hip Hop couple’s first child, after having married back in 2005 in an Atlanta wedding. Nas has one 15 year-old daughter from a previous relationship with ex-fiancée, Carmen Bryan.

In addition to the joyful baby news, Esco also updated fans on the status of his upcoming album with reggae artist Damian “Jr. Gong" Marley.
"I been celebrating life ya'll,” he continued. “Also I want you all to know that the Nas and Damian Marley album is coming in the next few months. It's something we have been secretly working on. Tour this summer too!”
As he told MTV news at the Grammy Awards show about the album, "[Damian and I are] tryin' to build some schools in Africa with this one, and trying to build empowerment. We're tryin' to show love and stuff with this album. So, the record's… all about really the 'hood and Africa also as well. That's coming out real soon."

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 09:03:57 AM »
Yeah road to zion was hot, maybe if they make something decent i will actually listen to it!!  ::)

2euce 7even

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 11:29:06 AM »
"road to zion" is one of my fav. tracks.i wish they would make more tracks like that.
i hope the album will be good.

LONDON3

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 02:25:39 PM »
:o :o :o
Nas told Billboard last week he was cooking up a few surprises, and now we know one of them: an as-yet-untitled collaboration with reggae star Damian Marley.

The pair has been recording quietly in Los Angeles for the last several weeks. Nas' manager, Anthony Saleh, tells Billboard the project will most likely be released in the spring. It's not clear which label will release it; Nas is signed to Def Jam, while Marley records for Universal.

"We've been recording in a studio, where people like Mick Jagger are recording. No one knew who we were," Saleh says. "We're going to Miami this week to finish it up and we're aiming to tour for the album this summer."

In addition to its regular incarnation, the album may also be released in a special edition exclusively through Best Buy or Target. A portion of the proceeds will go toward building a school in Africa, though details are still being solidified.

As previously reported, Nas guests on a song on Dr. Dre's long-in-the-works "Detox" album, due sometime this year. He was nominated for two Grammys at Sunday's 51st annual awards but lost in both the best rap solo performance and best rap album categories.

:o :o :o

thats a good collarboration, can't wait for the album to drop, yes surr, some soulja shit you know

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 02:12:52 AM »
"Road to Zion" was a great cut.. so this would kind of be like a dream come true for me.  Because with the exception of Lucky Dube's albums, Welcome To Jamrock is probably my next favorite Reggae album, so therefore he's my favorite living reggae artist and Nas is my favorite living rapper... so it doesn't get much better than this.

Hope this really happens, I'll be bumping this album wherever I go for years to come!
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

BiggBoogaBiff

Nas & Damien Marley Album
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 08:33:27 AM »
I just read it on AHH.  I hope they make a lot of music to smoke to (instrumental/vibe wise).  I could go for alot of tracks like "Blunt Ashes".  Somethin' real mellow to smoke to on every/most tracks and not that "inspired" sound on all the music (that shit gets old) we'll be looking at a classic.  It can't get too complicated 4 a classic to come out like that.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:35:02 AM by RadioTube!_301 »

'EclipZe

Re: Nas & Damien Marley Album
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 09:35:17 AM »
this is dope! more road to zion a-like tracks would be nice !

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 09:42:14 AM »
I can't wait for this album.  I know it's gonna be dope.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 09:46:14 AM »
they can't go wrong with this combination

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Kushsmoke

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 09:50:39 AM »
should be solid

Soopahigh

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 09:51:29 AM »
they can't go wrong with this combination

Invincible

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 09:29:21 PM »

Much rather have a Nas/Premier album.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 09:52:12 PM »
I just read it on AHH.  I hope they make a lot of music to smoke to (instrumental/vibe wise).  I could go for alot of tracks like "Blunt Ashes".  Somethin' real mellow to smoke to on every/most tracks and not that "inspired" sound on all the music (that shit gets old) we'll be looking at a classic.  It can't get too complicated 4 a classic to come out like that.

I-Wayne is probably my 3rd favorite Reggae artist behind Lucky Dube and Damian Marley.  My favorite track of his is "Living In Love", dude is basically flowing on that track and his flow is almost like a Bone style, because it's like singing and rapping at the same time, the shit sounds tight as fuck
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Mob Figgaz

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 04:51:25 AM »
I can't wait for this shit, it sounds pretty good, and Nas + Damian Marley = Dope tracks
Wideasleep will fail

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 06:44:00 AM »

I-Wayne is probably my 3rd favorite Reggae artist behind Lucky Dube and Damian Marley.  My favorite track of his is "Living In Love", dude is basically flowing on that track and his flow is almost like a Bone style, because it's like singing and rapping at the same time, the shit sounds tight as fuck

Yeah I-Wayne is dat nigga... remember "Life Seeds"... CLASSIC