Author Topic: Cam’ron Filming Sitcom, “It’s Like Black ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’  (Read 75 times)

Elano

Looks like Cam’ron is not only staging a musical comeback, the Dipset leader also has plans for hitting the small screen. Killa recently revealed to XXLmag.com that he plans to follow in “Seinfeld” creator Larry David’s shoes, as he is currently working on a show that he describes as a “black ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm.’”

The Harlem MC is apparently a huge fan of David’s hit HBO series. Calling it his favorite show, he said, “I got a sitcom coming out but we don’t have a title exactly to it yet. It’s like black ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm.’”

Staying true to Curb’s unique brand of Jewish humor, Cam – who once had a DVD in the works called “Here’s Cam’ron (You Little Yentas)” – says that he wants to include Jewish people in the project. “Right now while I’m writing my show, it’s a lot of stuff that has to do with Jewish people,” he said. “So I called my lawyer, my man Andrew Bergman, and I’m like listen, would I be allowed to do this because I don’t wanna offend anybody.”

Along with his sitcom, Cam will also be following up his 2006 DVD Killa Season in the near future. While he’s opting to release it on the net at first, Cam says the computer might not be the only place fans can catch it. “It’s definitely on the Internet, but I got a few people that tell me - I don’t wanna get into names - but they’re saying that it might go major if the episodes that I film are good,” he shared. “I’m gonna shoot about six episodes and I got a few people that’s interested. I don’t wanna get too many details.”

As previously reported Cam is featured on the new cover of XXL magazine’s upcoming April issue, hitting stands on Feb. 24th. The cover story includes the rapper finally speaking on his enigmatic hiatus, Diplomats ownership, being an alleged “paper gangster” and the root of his rifts with Jim Jones and Juelz Santana, among other things. His new album Crime Pays is scheduled to come to shelves in April via Asylum Records - Elan Mancini with reporting by Vanessa Satten