Author Topic: DJ Premier = the most overrated producer in hip-hop history  (Read 808 times)

Prof@ssor

DJ Premier = the most overrated producer in hip-hop history
« on: February 14, 2009, 02:58:09 PM »
 :o

Rick McCrank

Re: DJ Premier = the most overrated producer in hip-hop history
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:03:03 PM »
I'd say he pretty much deserves the credit he gets

has he made some average beats?  sure

but you take his work, 9 out of 10 are going to be on some crazy unique shit only he coud think up

too many people to count over time have bitten his style or tried to sound like him out of respect

MediumL

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 03:24:08 PM »
nah id say he gets his due respect. Dude does some crazy scratching and definately can flip a sample better than most (Kanye cannot flip a sample for example). Premos not only brought NY hardcore rap to the forefront in the early 90s he has produced on soo many classic albums he probably only sits behind Dre and RZA for classic joints (and even thats arguable to many).

This is more of a shock thread then anything and you'll probably get a load of hurt stans telling you to die. At least give some form of explanation for such a bold statement...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

herpes

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 03:33:23 PM »
 Primo >>> Dre

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 03:52:28 PM »
no.

Al Bundy

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 03:55:19 PM »
more like Dr. Dre is the most overrated producer in hip-hop history.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 03:59:50 PM »
more like Dr. Dre is the most overrated producer in hip-hop history.

i'd agree with that. atleast premo puts out tight shit constantly. dre's been in the studio touching himself for like 4 years

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 04:08:07 PM »
id say dre is more overrated but dre brings more heat each time IMO
not sayin premo isnt dope or doesnt but its jus premo
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 05:05:40 PM »
I made a thread about this not too long ago about Preme vs. DJ Paul & Juicy J.  I made a good arguement and even put up like 30 songs all together (preme, paul, juicy) but you can't change a Stan's mind.  all you'll get is "that's not preme's best work" or "you're fuckin' dumb" or some off the wall shit.  I agree Preme is nice but his shit is waaaaaaaay too simple and repetitive for me.  Three 6 scratch, sample, and originate they music better than Preme has done with just as much if not a bigger body of work, even when they waz in they momma basement recordin shit.  Ain't nobody copyin Preme forreal forreal.  More people have copied Three 6 than Preme, which is visible with all of this crunk music that's came out these past 12 years.  But to agree with your point though, I agree witchu'.  I ain't hatin on Preme he does make some good shit, but if Preme is getting all of this spotlight then why isn't Pete Rock?

But like I said you can't change a Stan's mind they too mistified.

FREE MAX HARDCORE!!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 05:11:28 PM »
^^^^^yeah i dont agree wit alotta the shit you say but this time i do somewhat
thats my problem wit premo
his production credits sound alike, now to a certain extent thats good but its also bad IMO
but that dont make him a wack producer but...yeah sounds like the same shit
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

thisoneguy360

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 05:12:33 PM »
Premo is my favorite producer in the game always brings classics in my eyes, but to each his own

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 05:18:15 PM »
yeah i mean shit rza is one of my favorite's but damn even his sounds are the same sometimes but somehow he comes thru wit a twist everytime whether its the instruments, person on the hook, etc..
whatever he does
so I'd say RZA>>>>Premo
damn its a toss up when dre gets involved
damn
DRE           RZA          JUST BLAZE           PREMO             
Cube

Invincible

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 05:52:44 PM »
I made a thread about this not too long ago about Preme vs. DJ Paul & Juicy J.  I made a good arguement and even put up like 30 songs all together (preme, paul, juicy) but you can't change a Stan's mind.  all you'll get is "that's not preme's best work" or "you're fuckin' dumb" or some off the wall shit.  I agree Preme is nice but his shit is waaaaaaaay too simple and repetitive for me.  Three 6 scratch, sample, and originate they music better than Preme has done with just as much if not a bigger body of work, even when they waz in they momma basement recordin shit.  Ain't nobody copyin Preme forreal forreal.  More people have copied Three 6 than Preme, which is visible with all of this crunk music that's came out these past 12 years.  But to agree with your point though, I agree witchu'.  I ain't hatin on Preme he does make some good shit, but if Preme is getting all of this spotlight then why isn't Pete Rock?

FREE MAX HARDCORE!!!!

What the fuck you talking about, you bought up no reasonable arguement apart from the fact that you prefer 3 6 over Premo personally. They can't even touch Premiers work over the 20 years when he's been laying down nothing but dope shit. And no way is Just Blaze better than Premier. Name a classic from Blaze.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 06:22:10 PM by Supa Star »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 05:56:32 PM »
nah i wasnt sayin just was better than premo i was puttin his name up as bein dope
but IMO hes more creative than premo
is he better, tuff 1 to decide one
but do yuo agree
dr. dre>>>>premo????
Cube

herpes

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 05:58:27 PM »

FREE MAX HARDCORE!!!!

Was that beat supposed to be dope or something ?