Author Topic: DJ Premier = the most overrated producer in hip-hop history  (Read 810 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DJ Premier = the most overrated producer in hip-hop history
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 06:00:25 PM »
haha damn
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

2euce 7even

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 06:17:58 PM »
8 times outta 10 i can tell if primo did a beat or not, cause his formula is always the same, plus he got less melody in his beats but he´s str8. i love his shit.

DJ Premier- TRUE East Coast Shit
Dr.Drizze-TRUE West Coast Shit.

Too Bad That Nas´Album Never Happend, Where Primo And Dre Should Produce The Whole Album.
Source: Guru (Of Gang Starr) Said In A Interview Back In 2000-Somethin.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 06:21:09 PM »
deal?

8 times outta 10 i can tell if primo did a beat or not, cause his formula is always the same, plus he got less melody in his beats but he´s str8. i love his shit.

RZA- TRUE East Coast Shit
Dr.Drizze-TRUE West Coast Shit.

Too Bad That Nas´Album Never Happend, Where Primo And Dre Should Produce The Whole Album.
Source: Guru (Of Gang Starr) Said In A Interview Back In 2000-Somethin.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Invincible

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 06:24:42 PM »
nah i wasnt sayin just was better than premo i was puttin his name up as bein dope
but IMO hes more creative than premo
is he better, tuff 1 to decide one
but do yuo agree
dr. dre>>>>premo????

I'm not gonna argue that one, Dre And Premo are equal for me, but you stated:

DRE           RZA          JUST BLAZE           PREMO

So that is saying that Blaze is better. Have you listened to Premiers whole catalogue?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 06:29:04 PM »
nah i havent listened to all his work, im tryin to
but the 4 producers i put up, i put up as bein the best and tried thinkin of others on their level, might not be
but IMO blaze might be better, maybe

so in what order would you list them with 1 bein the best

nah i wasnt sayin just was better than premo i was puttin his name up as bein dope
but IMO hes more creative than premo
is he better, tuff 1 to decide one
but do yuo agree
dr. dre>>>>premo????

I'm not gonna argue that one, Dre And Premo are equal for me, but you stated:

DRE           RZA          JUST BLAZE           PREMO

So that is saying that Blaze is better. Have you listened to Premiers whole catalogue?
Cube

Invincible

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 06:31:13 PM »
1= DJ Premier
1= Dr. Dre
3. RZA
4. Just Blaze

Invincible

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 06:32:48 PM »
Go to the DJ Premier archive in the HUS and then you will find out.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 06:35:44 PM »
aite thats your input and i can respect
and mine would be

1.dr. dre & RZA (tie)

3.just blaze
4.premo

on some real shit RZA and Dre are tied for me.  dont get it twisted tho, premo is dope at what he does, theres no question, but does that make him the best of the best?

1= DJ Premier
1= Dr. Dre
3. RZA
4. Just Blaze
Cube

Invincible

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 06:42:30 PM »

on some real shit RZA and Dre are tied for me.  dont get it twisted tho, premo is dope at what he does, theres no question, but does that make him the best of the best?

Yes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 06:43:57 PM »
I assume your sayin yes to makin him the best and not RZA & Dre bein tied for #1?
haha

Yes
Cube

Invincible

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 06:58:17 PM »
I assume your sayin yes to makin him the best and not RZA & Dre bein tied for #1?
haha

Yes

Haha. I meant joint best. I think RZA has produced some seriously classic beats from about 93-96. But since he has really fallen off. Premier has kept it consistent, always releasing bangers. Hopefully Dre is holding back the bangers for the 3 albums that are supposedly coming out this year, as he is not on the level he used to be. But that is not saying he's been doing shit because what he releases is better than about 90% better than what gets released these days. But since 95, RZA hasn't been the same, a really dope track now and again. His work on 8 Diagrams is very average and he only gets a few beats on each of the Wu's solo albums and they are not that amazing. Hopefully on OB4CL2 he can change my mind.

Invincible

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 07:02:57 PM »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 07:06:55 PM »
ok se we agree on that
DRE & RZA tied for first
but IMO I'd say 80-90% of what RZA has done in his career which im also tryna to listen to entirely, has been dope, ID EVEN SAY AMAZIN cuz of how he makes his muzik.
but again that dont make premo or just blaze wack, jus im sayin if they went head up

1.dr. dre
2.rza
3.just blaze
4.premo

im sayin either dre or rza would produce more heat.

and yeah his work on 8 diagrams wasnt dope, but it was aite.  but "STATE OF GRACE" older raekwon song, is a banger and one of the dopest traxx to be released in a minute

have you heard that afro soundtrack? part 1 or 2
shit is fuckin fire, of course thats IMO

but shit good lookin out for havin a debate wit another member unlike others who are too groupified and cant take the heat.
Cube

Invincible

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 07:08:24 PM »
ok se we agree on that
DRE & RZA tied for first
but IMO I'd say 80-90% of what RZA has done in his career which im also tryna to listen to entirely, has been dope, ID EVEN SAY AMAZIN cuz of how he makes his muzik.
but again that dont make premo or just blaze wack, jus im sayin if they went head up

1.dr. dre
2.rza
3.just blaze
4.premo

im sayin either dre or rza would produce more heat.

and yeah his work on 8 diagrams wasnt dope, but it was aite.  but "STATE OF GRACE" older raekwon song, is a banger and one of the dopest traxx to be released in a minute

have you heard that afro soundtrack? part 1 or 2
shit is fuckin fire, of course thats IMO

but shit good lookin out for havin a debate wit another member unlike others who are too groupified and cant take the heat.

No I meant Dre and Premo joint.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 07:13:33 PM »
aite thats also your input and interestin
cuz of the info provided
but I disagree, but its all good

I want to pick RZA as bein better but I cant cuz of other classics and dre's vintage sound that he can still bring
Cube