Author Topic: DJ Premier = the most overrated producer in hip-hop history  (Read 809 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: DJ Premier = the most overrated producer in hip-hop history
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2009, 10:22:08 PM »
nah i wasnt sayin just was better than premo i was puttin his name up as bein dope
but IMO hes more creative than premo
is he better, tuff 1 to decide one
but do yuo agree
dr. dre>>>>premo????

I'm not gonna argue that one, Dre And Premo are equal for me, but you stated:

DRE           RZA          JUST BLAZE           PREMO

So that is saying that Blaze is better. Have you listened to Premiers whole catalogue?

So that just means your a Stan like I said and there's no reasonable arguement I can put up with you, you'll just deny it.  And if you checked out that post from a while back I was putting up CLASSIC 3 6 underground shit (crazy gangsta basement music).  So pretty much I'll let you fuss and call it a day.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 10:24:54 PM by RadioTube!_301 »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 10:26:15 PM »
three 6 mafia shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence as:
premo & just blaze let alone 2 of the best

theyve done what theyve done, but they arent close to the best.  maybe 1 day

but lets see what supa star says
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 10:32:24 PM by enyce »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

MediumL

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2009, 01:27:48 AM »
u cant say Just Blaze hasnt produced any classics. I mean i could understand why someone prefers his more updated sound to Primos but Blaze has got classics:

Jay Z - Dynasty Intro
Fabulous - Breathe
Jay Z - Song Cry

etc...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Invincible

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2009, 05:54:19 AM »
nah i wasnt sayin just was better than premo i was puttin his name up as bein dope
but IMO hes more creative than premo
is he better, tuff 1 to decide one
but do yuo agree
dr. dre>>>>premo????

I'm not gonna argue that one, Dre And Premo are equal for me, but you stated:

DRE           RZA          JUST BLAZE           PREMO

So that is saying that Blaze is better. Have you listened to Premiers whole catalogue?

So that just means your a Stan like I said and there's no reasonable arguement I can put up with you, you'll just deny it.  And if you checked out that post from a while back I was putting up CLASSIC 3 6 underground shit (crazy gangsta basement music).  So pretty much I'll let you fuss and call it a day.

None of that shit you posted up in that thread is classic. It won't be remembered by anyone apart from Stans like yourself. I've already put up a decent arguement so I don't need to prove myself again. Obviously I haven't heard every Premier track, but I don't need to to know that his catalogue is better than 3 6's.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 07:06:26 AM by Supa Star »

Invincible

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2009, 05:57:01 AM »
u cant say Just Blaze hasnt produced any classics. I mean i could understand why someone prefers his more updated sound to Primos but Blaze has got classics:

Jay Z - Dynasty Intro
Fabulous - Breathe
Jay Z - Song Cry

etc...

They are great tracks, no doubt but classics? No. I do like quite a bit of Just Blaze (patiently waiting for the Saigon album) but none of his tracks are classic to me. As close as it gets to classic for me is the Public Service Announcement on Black Album.

MediumL

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2009, 06:37:57 AM »

Jay Z - Dynasty Intro
Fabulous - Breathe
Jay Z - Song Cry

etc...

They are great tracks, no doubt but classics? No. I do like quite a bit of Just Blaze (patiently waiting for the Saigon album) but none of his tracks are classic to me. As close as it gets to classic for me is the Public Service Announcement on Black Album.

Wow if those arent classics then that wipes out alot of premos catalogue as far as classic material is concerned.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Invincible

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2009, 06:49:30 AM »

Jay Z - Dynasty Intro
Fabulous - Breathe
Jay Z - Song Cry

etc...

Wow if those arent classics then that wipes out alot of premos catalogue as far as classic material is concerned.

To me, I never have the urge to go back and listen to them. They are good tracks no doubt, but they are no Mass Appeal, Kick In The Door, Come Clean, A Million & One Questions, NY State of Mind, etc.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2009, 07:50:28 AM »
I made a thread about this not too long ago about Preme vs. DJ Paul & Juicy J.  I made a good arguement and even put up like 30 songs all together (preme, paul, juicy) but you can't change a Stan's mind.  all you'll get is "that's not preme's best work" or "you're fuckin' dumb" or some off the wall shit.  I agree Preme is nice but his shit is waaaaaaaay too simple and repetitive for me.  Three 6 scratch, sample, and originate they music better than Preme has done with just as much if not a bigger body of work, even when they waz in they momma basement recordin shit.  Ain't nobody copyin Preme forreal forreal.  More people have copied Three 6 than Preme, which is visible with all of this crunk music that's came out these past 12 years.  But to agree with your point though, I agree witchu'.  I ain't hatin on Preme he does make some good shit, but if Preme is getting all of this spotlight then why isn't Pete Rock?

But like I said you can't change a Stan's mind they too mistified.

FREE MAX HARDCORE!!!!

What the fuck you talking about, you bought up no reasonable arguement apart from the fact that you prefer 3 6 over Premo personally. They can't even touch Premiers work over the 20 years when he's been laying down nothing but dope shit. And no way is Just Blaze better than Premier. Name a classic from Blaze.
i agree. but just got some heat. you can't deny it from jay z to beanie sigel to saigon to t.i. to whoever just got heat
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

MediumL

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2009, 08:07:32 AM »

Jay Z - Dynasty Intro
Fabulous - Breathe
Jay Z - Song Cry

etc...

To me, I never have the urge to go back and listen to them. They are good tracks no doubt, but they are no Mass Appeal, Kick In The Door, Come Clean, A Million & One Questions, NY State of Mind, etc.

I guess its opnions but i think i'm not on my own in saying that Just Blaze has got classics. Tracks like Why You Hate the Game and the tracks he did with Jay Electronica are so refreshing and i definately see Just as one of the best producers around atm

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2009, 09:49:30 AM »
yeah that might be well said:
at the moment
will he have the same legacy as
rza     dre      premo

who are considered gods?
maybe, but I'd say he have to create more revolutionary traxx like those 3 have on every level possibly
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2009, 11:10:42 AM »
but str8 up
goldyn child is fuckin dope!!!
Cube

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »
^^^^^yeah i dont agree wit alotta the shit you say but this time i do somewhat
thats my problem wit premo
his production credits sound alike, now to a certain extent thats good but its also bad IMO
but that dont make him a wack producer but...yeah sounds like the same shit

So hearing a beat and knowing its premo is bad? Its called having a good ear for music.

If i hear a beat i havent heard before, I can tell its a dillla beat, or its a 9th wonder beat, or a kanye beat. Just because im familiar with their sound. each and every producer has their own sound, just like how premo has his own sound. I dont see how that makes him bad.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 11:39:47 AM »
nah dont get it twisted im not sayin premo is bad or wack etc...
nah hes made some of the craziest beats but out of all them producers he seems to be more wit the same shit each time like someone else basically said
but shit
that fat joe track he did, that shit is crazy

^^^^^yeah i dont agree wit alotta the shit you say but this time i do somewhat
thats my problem wit premo
his production credits sound alike, now to a certain extent thats good but its also bad IMO
but that dont make him a wack producer but...yeah sounds like the same shit

So hearing a beat and knowing its premo is bad? Its called having a good ear for music.

If i hear a beat i havent heard before, I can tell its a dillla beat, or its a 9th wonder beat, or a kanye beat. Just because im familiar with their sound. each and every producer has their own sound, just like how premo has his own sound. I dont see how that makes him bad.
Cube

MediumL

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2009, 11:43:18 AM »
He supposedly working on the song he did with 50, adding new elemnts such as scratches and possibly new verses. Its meant to be on BISD now which is pretty dope. This and his track on Ludas album will help get him some recognition with those that aren't a clued up on classic NY hip hop.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2009, 11:47:21 AM »
yeah those 2 are dope
maybe
shut your bloodclot>>>I this 4 hip-hop!!

He supposedly working on the song he did with 50, adding new elemnts such as scratches and possibly new verses. Its meant to be on BISD now which is pretty dope. This and his track on Ludas album will help get him some recognition with those that aren't a clued up on classic NY hip hop.
Cube