Author Topic: My old way of thinking till I get moved out again  (Read 297 times)

infinite59

My old way of thinking till I get moved out again
« on: March 01, 2002, 05:16:05 PM »
I can't survive in my house being a knowledgable disciplined Muslim.  I suffer too much of a culture shock, and feel very akward.  I must revert to my old way of thinking.  Think about my old girlfriends.  And read my journal from senoir year.  Till I get back out again, and I can start practicing Islam 24/7.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

KVB

Re: My old way of thinking till I get moved out ag
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2002, 06:49:22 PM »
^ That's a good idea.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2002, 07:21:07 PM »
This is not a diss to you Infinite, but sometimes I don't understand you. Why must you move out to practice your faith/religion? What about your family makes you not be able to worship. If my family thought my beliefs were wrong, and believed differently, it wouldn't matter to me. It is what is in your heart, and that is none of thier business. You shouldn't have to revert back to old ways of thinking to pass the time. Keep progressing in your current way of thinking... why would you let others hold you back? What business is it of theirs what way you think? You seem to be a very smart kid, but like I said, sometimes I don't understand where you are coming from. Peace.

KVB

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2002, 07:28:56 PM »
This is not a diss to you Infinite, but sometimes I don't understand you. Why must you move out to practice your faith/religion? What about your family makes you not be able to worship. If my family thought my beliefs were wrong, and believed differently, it wouldn't matter to me. It is what is in your heart, and that is none of thier business. You shouldn't have to revert back to old ways of thinking to pass the time. Keep progressing in your current way of thinking... why would you let others hold you back? What business is it of theirs what way you think? You seem to be a very smart kid, but like I said, sometimes I don't understand where you are coming from. Peace.

I don't know if you know him personally... but if you don't, you shouldn't say "sometimes I don't understand you" as if you knew him. What you have read on a message board is far from real life.
Peace

techniec

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2002, 07:30:59 PM »

home boy, no offense but i dont think u can possibly understand what it means to be a practising muslim in the western society, because its total opposites

islam is not just a faith, its a way of life
take me for example, i smoke cigs, i smoke weed, i chill with girls and shit, i aint a perfect, we all humans, ya dig?

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2002, 07:36:36 PM »
No, I don't know Infinite personally. And maybe I should have worded my comments a little differently by saying I don't understand where he comes from on some of his posts. And for the record, I never claimed to know him in real life. All I can base these comments on are the posts I have seen. All I was trying to convey to Infinite with my response is to be himself, and not conform to what others may expect him to do. And you know what, if he doesn't want to take that advice, that is fine. I thought I would just put my 2 cents in, but apparently I was out of line according to KVB. Sooo, I'm sorry Infinite if I offended you. Obviously I offended KVB, so I must assume you will take offense too.

techniec

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2002, 07:39:19 PM »
your a pretty cool cat, no bullshit, no trippin, i got respect homie

KVB

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2002, 07:40:42 PM »
No, I don't know Infinite personally. And maybe I should have worded my comments a little differently by saying I don't understand where he comes from on some of his posts. And for the record, I never claimed to know him in real life. All I can base these comments on are the posts I have seen. All I was trying to convey to Infinite with my response is to be himself, and not conform to what others may expect him to do. And you know what, if he doesn't want to take that advice, that is fine. I thought I would just put my 2 cents in, but apparently I was out of line according to KVB. Sooo, I'm sorry Infinite if I offended you. Obviously I offended KVB, so I must assume you will take offense too.

LOL... no.. I ain't offended.. shit... fuck it... I ain't got no buisness here anyway... I just said what I ment about that post... alright? I'll remove it if you want.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2002, 07:40:43 PM »
Also, I DON'T know what it is like to practice Muslim faith, so maybe I am way out in left field. Perhaps someone can explain it to me. I didn't take offense to what you said Prince Techniec, and I dig what you are saying... I'm just not in the know about the Muslim faith I guess.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2002, 07:43:30 PM »
LOL... no.. I ain't offended.. shit... fuck it... I ain't got no buisness here anyway... I just said what I ment about that post... alright? I'll remove it if you want.

Nah man, it's cool. Like I said, maybe I just worded it wrong. It's all good.

bez

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2002, 02:13:32 AM »
As I said in all the other posts best of luck with things

infinite59

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2002, 03:41:19 AM »

First off, I respect your opinion...and I thank you for your feedback....let me explain to you why it is so difficult......

My parents already look at me like I'm akward and they don't understand me.  I don't fit in with anyone in my family, even my cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles.  They all have the redneck/ white trash/ hard working American values system.  I feel very akward around my family.  And it has always been very hard for me to deal with.  Once I start practicing Islam around the house, and telling them I'm going to the mosque, and chillin with Muslim cats..... They're going to look at me like I'm a fuckin alien..... It's bad enough already, I already feel akward enough around my parents, I couldn't deal with it being any worse then it already is.  Make sense? Or no?

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2002, 05:45:40 AM »
Yeah man, it makes sense. Sorry your homelife is difficult. Still man, keep your values. Good luck in this whole situation. Keep us posted.

infinite59

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2002, 06:16:04 AM »
Word.... yo, thanks to everyone for showin concern... it helps me deal with shit.... peace, one.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2002, 06:57:17 AM »
culture shock

Thats what me and my friend austin was gunna call our big rap qroup/family...