Author Topic: Chris Cornell - Scream (Retail GroupRip) (Whole album produced by Timbaland)  (Read 1073 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
I like this, it's kinda refreshing  8)

yeah that's the word: refreshing
+1

But it sounds just like every other Timbaland produced dance album released in the last couple years. It's like it was recorded at the same time as Furtado's Maneater.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Refreshing? It's just a producer bringing down a talented singer to the mainstream pop level.  It's degrading. 

the ghost

I liked him in the soundgarden days.  He has a hell of a voice , maybe one of the top ten hard rock voices ever, but the sad part is that he knows it too.

Matty

hit me on the pm for further discussion of this album ;]

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Not feeling it...  I don't like the vibe, it sounds too generic..  I want more a rock production from Chris Cornell, not something so urban.  Props to him for trying something new though...

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
always been a cornell fan....but timbaland? im not in a hurry to check this out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Refreshing? It's just a producer bringing down a talented singer to the mainstream pop level.  It's degrading. 

I AGREE....

For example, "Enemy" starts out really soulful but upbeat.  Which was what I think they were trying to capture.  It's good until it gets to the chorus, where the beat starts double-time to give a dance/party atmosphere that totally ruins the song.  Chris also has to match that tempo in his singing and lyrics, which sets the song in a totally different "mainstream pop" direction...

Assuming Chris let Timbo guide him thru this album, I will blame the producer for this effort turning out "half empty/half full", when it could have been a really good crossover album.  This is where we see just how versatile certain producers are, when they try to do "different" projects but still sound the same.....

The cover of this album shows Chris smashing his guitar..  I hope that is not the case.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:46:30 PM by The-Leak »

Soopahigh

thats your opinion and i respect it.
I still like it though  ;)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Not feeling it...  I don't like the vibe, it sounds too generic..  I want more a rock production from Chris Cornell, not something so urban.

That's the thing though... this album isnt really what I expected. If you forget that it was Timbo helming the project, and just pretended it was "generic pop producer #42", well then there you go.

It sounds really watered down. The atmospheric "mood music" from the past is gone. You'd expect it to be replaced with a more sonic, banging electronic soundscape thanks to Timbo but its just, well, generic pop shit. Every song has potential, but its never reached. That's what happens when you wrap an album up in 6 weeks (or whatever it was). Music needs to marinate. A delayed album is eventually good. A bad album is bad forever.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 03:51:12 AM by R1ZE »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Not feeling it...  I don't like the vibe, it sounds too generic..  I want more a rock production from Chris Cornell, not something so urban.

That's the thing though... this album isnt really what I expected. If you forget that it was Timbo helming the project, and just pretended it was "generic pop producer #42", well then there you go.

It sounds really watered down. The atmospheric "mood music" from the past is gone. You'd expect it to be replaced with a more sonic, banging electronic soundscape thanks to Timbo but its just, well, generic pop shit. Every song has potential, but its never reached. That's what happens when you wrap an album up in 6 weeks (or whatever it was). Music needs to marinate. A delayed album is eventually good. A bad album is bad forever.

Exactly.

David Gutterman

I like this, it's kinda refreshing  8)

yeah that's the word: refreshing
+1

But it sounds just like every other Timbaland produced dance album released in the last couple years. It's like it was recorded at the same time as Furtado's Maneater.

I know it sounds like every other Timbaland produced shit, the whole album sounds like 1 track, but it's not timbo that's make this shit refreshing it's the combo of tim and chris, Rap & Rock
This album is a lot better than timbo doing solo stuff,

so i still think this shit is refreshing

penenstamp

ok, I wanna hear this. Who's willing to pm me? :halo:

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Couple of cool tracks, that's it.

kemizt

Jome

Bumpage on this one..

I didn't like this after the first initial listens, but now, a couple weeks later, I gotta say it's grown on me a lot..  8)

Since nearly all of the tracks change up at some point, it sounds more diverse than on the first skimming-through..

Matty

very listenable album. i like it.