Author Topic: Tech Heads, HDTV Inquiry  (Read 166 times)

the.SET

• 'G'
Tech Heads, HDTV Inquiry
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:53:14 PM »
Im thinking of buying this tv when I get my income tax check in:

Link Here Dawg

Im not much up on DLP tv's but this seems like a good deal. Are Mitsubishi large screen HDTVs pretty good? Im just looking for a larger tv for my living room so I can move my 32" into the bedroom, but a nigga aint trying to spend an assload of money.
avidSOUND.com: Where Aspiring Musicians Can Be HEARD!

Matty

Re: Tech Heads, HDTV Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 04:38:53 PM »
get a panasonic plasma as they are getting discontinued. sizes 37 inches and above. going stupidly cheap compared to production costs thanks to the stockpiles and deflating markets.

lcds cant compete when it comes to picture quality. the only thing better than the panasonic plasmas is the super expensive pioneer ones.

Matty

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 04:41:09 PM »
that dlp looks pretty sick though.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 05:26:43 PM »
I have the same one but it's a 62".

Had it for about 2 or 3 years now & have really enjoyed it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 06:40:02 PM »
i can't find the contrast ratio. but it looks pretty legit though. but find the contrast ratio on that.

and if panasonic is really discontinuing plasmas i'm going to be pissed, i paid almost 3g's for my 52 inch!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 11:36:39 PM »
What a thread to stumble upon!

I have had the opportunity to test out the exact model Mitsubishi you are looking at with a Sony Rear-Projection LCD (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bravia-KDF-46E3000-46-Inch-Projection/dp/B000SSRC2I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1234855683&sr=8-1). Let me tell you, I was very disappointed with the Mitsubishi. My roomates and I had both in our apartment for a full day to test them out and see which we liked better. The Sony won hands down. The sound (if you don't have a surround system) on those large Mitsubishis is horrible. Sounds like a 30's radio. The HD picture on the Sony was excellent and looked a lot better when compared side to side with the Mitsubishi. Blu-Ray discs looked absolutely stunning. The brightness (contrast ratio) was killer, and there was great in-menu picture and audio features. The Sony was a little smaller, but the overall quality of the product was so much better that it didn't matter. Note that Sony does make larger rear-projections than the one in the link above. I would look on Crutchfield/Best Buy and look at their selection. Let me tell you man, we did a ridiculous amount of research before settling on the Sony, and we're glad we did. Just something to consider from someone that was in the same position as you a year ago! Good luck on your new investment!

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 07:50:38 AM »
contrast ratio is a bullshit mesurment, it doesn't mean anything, they put the screen in setups you wouldn't be able to watch for the mesures

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 07:50:40 AM »
i can't find the contrast ratio. but it looks pretty legit though. but find the contrast ratio on that.

That's what I was looking for and couldn't find either.  It must be low it they aren't putting it in the specs because it's a pretty basic spec.
I would stick to a trusted name if I'd spent over a $1k on television and not Mitsubishi. 

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 08:11:37 AM »
i dont know if mitsubishi itself can be a trusted brand but they got pieces in jvc's product and panasonic aswell.