Author Topic: Joe_Budden-Padded_Room-2009-[GroupRip]  (Read 2568 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Joe_Budden-Padded_Room-2009-[GroupRip]
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 12:45:13 AM »
I do not hear the bad mixing you guys talk about.

kemizt

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 07:05:42 AM »
Now I Lay - 4.5/5
The Future - 3/5
If I Gotta Go - 4/5
Dont Make Me - 5/5
Blood On The Wall - 5/5
In My Sleep - 4/5
Exxxes - 4/5
I Couldnt Find It - 4.5/5
Adrenaline - 3/5
Happy Holidays - 4/5
Do Tell - 4.5/5
Angel In My Life - 5/5
Pray For Me - 5/5
Family Reunion - 2/5

And Joe Budden will shit on Prodigy. All Ps old shit is irrelevant since that shit was all false BS. MM2 & 3 > Any Prodigy solo album.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Matty

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 10:11:38 AM »
i like budden he makes good music but can't help but feel the production lacks on this lp.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:15:39 AM by Matty »

MediumL

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 10:49:04 AM »

And Joe Budden will shit on Prodigy. All Ps old shit is irrelevant since that shit was all false BS. MM2 & 3 > Any Prodigy solo album.

how is his previous work irrelevant? Its his best work so of course its relevant. Buddens hasnt made a classic album yet Ps been half of a duo thats made 2. Juvenile Hell shits on Buddens first album 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 10:56:25 AM »
So for those that listened to the album, what do you think of it? This thread is turning into Budden vs Prodigy.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 11:10:23 AM »
He's way too overrated on the webs.  Outside of it no one really is aware of dude.  Without the web he'd be a regional artist - East coast, New Jersey area.

Budden has the lyrics but he lacks the flow.  Additionally, his beat selection is really hit or miss. It was a disappointment.

I look forward to slaughterhouse cause it seems cats like Budden, Crooked-I, and Ortiz can't make hot songs but can spit hot bars. 

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 11:19:16 AM »
He's way too overrated on the webs.  Outside of it no one really is aware of dude.  Without the web he'd be a regional artist - East coast, New Jersey area.

Budden has the lyrics but he lacks the flow.  Additionally, his beat selection is really hit or miss. It was a disappointment.

I look forward to slaughterhouse cause it seems cats like Budden, Crooked-I, and Ortiz can't make hot songs but can spit hot bars. 

Props for dropping some comments on the album. I dig his mixtapes so I am debating whether or not to pick this up.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 11:54:40 AM »
Just download it to see if you like it and then pick it up if you support it or if you find yoruself bumping it a lot.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2009, 12:29:29 PM »
this albums is sick 1st listen i thought it was a decent album but on 3rd listen this shit is ridiculous

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »
Not feelin it. 2.5 or 3/5

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2009, 04:22:33 PM »
This album is growin on me even more now, im lovin it!!!

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2009, 07:29:27 PM »

how is his previous work irrelevant? Its his best work so of course its relevant. Buddens hasnt made a classic album yet Ps been half of a duo thats made 2. Juvenile Hell shits on Buddens first album 

Its irrelevant because all he does is talk gangsta shit and hes the most beat up rapper in hip hop. After Lake's diss and Prodigy completely not responding to it to me his whole career is bs. I cant go back to listen to any of them Mobb albums now cause theirs no conviction behind what theyre saying. Its all phony shit. Name me a song P has lyrically as crazy as Three sides to a story or even the Who Killed it Trilogy?
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2009, 07:37:40 PM »
"Now I Lay" has grown on me a lot
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2009, 08:07:29 PM »
3.5 / 5       The mixing is decent, but the mastering is TERRIBLE...   Would it hurt to crank the beat a bit more and pan the vocals to front instead of the back?

Now I Lay: This the typa upbeat but down-to-earth joints that Budden need to make more of it.  Definitely my fav song..

Future: A decent mainstream song...  This song is mastered the best..

If I Gotta Go: Man they shoulda turned the interlude into the beat.. I might sample that cuz its a heck of a lot better than the one they actually used for the song.

Dont Make Me: As close to Dipset style beats (my fav typa production) as im gonna get with Budden.  Like this one.

Blood On The Wall:  More bad mastering...   Track is good.   The last lines of Joe's diss to Prodigy are so lame it almost ruins the rest of the verse which was ether...

In My Sleep: Obviously the Klasix..  The beat is dope, cept for when the double basskick starts in it makes Joe sound offbeat.  Concept of the song is good, but I Feel like he's going nowhere to it.  Just a buncha random thoughts, no conclusion, no lesson learned, he just stops rapping...  There's no hook.  There's no hook.  There's no hook.  There's no  hook.

Exxxes:  This song sounds like a deep emotional one.. Until Joe starts rapping about fucking her for the WHOLE song?  This song is almost too much to take, I really don't like the chorus, it's giving me a bad vibe with this awesome beat to be rapping about violent sex...

I couldn't help it:  This has been done before.  Don't like this song at all..

Adrenaline: Of course this is the Dub B track...  Dude abandoned Hip Hop for Rock n Roll after MM2.  This is HeartBreak on the second verse..  This song is almost cool, could be the mastering but it sounds like it.  Almost a good crossover song.

Happy Holidays:  BAD BAD MASTERING. WTF...   Holy shit.  This song is the summer song made in the Winter..  Liking this one, good feelings from this..  

Do Tell: Track is too much, more concept Joe....  Not hearing any Growth in this song...  

Angel In My Life: The title track..  Good idea, but there's no Growth..  You're not gonna make it?  You're time is up?  The relation is there for me, but it's not inspiring at all.

Pray IV Me:  Hmmm, NAS - BLUNT ASHES?  Just that one sample..  Anyways the concept is cool.  The lyrics are probably the most heartfelt of the whole record..  Obviously Joe wrote the whole song..  sounds like HeartBreak spitting with some EQ on..  Good joint.

Didn't live up to what I thought it would be, but I'm not disappointed.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2009, 03:00:19 AM »
Any chance of a PM?
NO MORE WAR