Author Topic: Kanye says he's done with music (fingers crossed)  (Read 671 times)

Elano

Kanye says he's done with music (fingers crossed)
« on: February 17, 2009, 11:01:55 PM »

DETAILS magazine put Kanye West on the cover of their upcoming issue, which hits stands February 24th.  If you can look closely you can see the egomaniacal producer/artist's head has gotten even bigger.
In the March issue of DETAILS 'Ye says he's done with music and is ready to put his focus into fashion (yikes!).

"Put this in the magazine: There's nothing more to be said about music. I'm the f*cking end-all, be-all of music. I know what I'm doing. I did 808s in three weeks. I got it. It's on cruise control. . . . Man, we talked about music for God knows how long! Now let's talk about how my fucking sweater didn't come back right from Korea. That's what's interesting me."

I could have sworn he made some kind of statement last week about not being gay, but I must've been wrong. Then again, maybe he's not gay, just really really high. End-all, be-all of music? Whoa, don't push it buddy.

And to make matters worse, DETAILS shot the following charming vid of 'Ye to post on their website:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid8583330001/bctid12099290001

(sohh)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kanye says he's done with music (fingers crossed)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:21:27 PM »
fuck tha industry
hope he moves to korea next week
did 808 in 3 weeks?
da fuck?
you killed hip-hop a long time ago
when you should have been killed in that car accident
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:33:41 PM »
Lame ass title.  Everybody knows he's full of himself.  At least he be dropping some real shit and real talk most of the time.  MOVE ON!

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 11:44:30 PM »
hes not saying hes done with music, hes saying its not the issue to be talking about...

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:28:50 AM »
hes not saying hes done with music, hes saying its not the issue to be talking about...

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 12:30:58 AM »
fuck tha industry
did 808 in 3 weeks?
da fuck?
lmao...somewhere there is an alternate timeline where Kanye is dead, T-Pain still works at Mcdonalds and Souljha boy died in his mothers womb.
take me there

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 01:22:30 AM »
fuck tha industry
did 808 in 3 weeks?
da fuck?
lmao...somewhere there is an alternate timeline where Kanye is dead, T-Pain still works at Mcdonalds and Souljha boy died in his mothers womb.
take me there

OUCH haha :D Thats a bit harsh but yeah... Title isnt quite accurate but how often are they round here? Dude needs to stop jerkin over himself and pay attention to what people reeeeeally think of him otherwise his ego trippin ways will be his downfall... Next thing he will be the artist formerly know and GOD and also formerly known as Jesus and Kanye before that!!!

Elano

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 01:29:26 AM »
sure  ::)

Hey Ma

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 01:43:50 AM »

No, that's exactly what he's saying Elaine.

Elano

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 01:57:58 AM »

of course gay baphomet

Hey Ma

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 02:00:13 AM »

of course gay baphomet

How fresh. Gay w/ J. Clever. You should write for SNL. How clever that is. Are you involved with television? Because that is so fresh. lol.

Elano

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 02:06:02 AM »

of course gay baphomet

How fresh. Gay w/ J. Clever. You should write for SNL. How clever that is. Are you involved with television? Because that is so fresh. lol.

says the dumb fucker that try to be funny with Elano/Elaine  ::)
the best you can do is to copy an asshole like smegma and the idiots like him?

the ghost

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 10:55:02 AM »
I know hes gone half crazy, but I don't care if he sleeps with pink teddy bears, and wears turtlenecks.  He has shown that he is capable of making some incredible beats, and I'm hoping that he will continue to do so.  I have no problem ignoring an album of his (808) because I don't like it at all, if maybe he makes another one that is better.  It seems like people write off some of his earlier work that was  :o.  Just because he's saying crasy shit now and making music that most of us don't like does not mean he will never make anything "good" again.  So I hope he stays at it.  If I like it I'll buy it, if I don't i won't 8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 10:59:48 AM »
How did Kanye kill Hip-Hop. Ya'all don't know what the fuck you talk about. College Dropout was the shit, Blueprint, which he was the main producer, was a Hip-Hop classic. His tracks with Talib Kweli, Dilated Peoples, Slum Village, it was a breath of fresh air in the mainstream. Kanye may have fallen off, but Dropout, Late Registration and Graduation cemented him as one of Hip-Hop's greatest producers, his work on Blueprint, with Tha Roc, makes him one of the most important producers this decade.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 06:48:44 PM »
WAS

How did Kanye kill Hip-Hop. Ya'all don't know what the fuck you talk about. College Dropout was the shit, Blueprint, which he was the main producer, was a Hip-Hop classic. His tracks with Talib Kweli, Dilated Peoples, Slum Village, it was a breath of fresh air in the mainstream. Kanye may have fallen off, but Dropout, Late Registration and Graduation cemented him as one of Hip-Hop's greatest producers, his work on Blueprint, with Tha Roc, makes him one of the most important producers this decade.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.