Author Topic: New York Post racisit cartoon toward Obama as a shot dead Chimp WTF???  (Read 706 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: New York Post racisit cartoon toward Obama as a shot dead Chimp WTF???
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2009, 10:40:28 AM »
Members of Congress didn't read the bill?  They had to, they voted on every single item in the bill!  So they're all well aware of what is in the bill.  They just didn't read the final package because 1. they know what is in it already and 2. they want it to pass it ASAP. 

Not true, I saw the clip from congress showing a republican complaining about not having enough time to properly analyse the bill before throwing the bill being thrown on the table.

1000 pages of text is a huge amount of information to decipher in a week let alone...how many hours/days?,
Also they do not vote on every sub section within each issue, come on now, it goes back to what I said, it was no doubt simply skimmed over and if it wasn't the provisions for health care alone are eye opening to say the least.

It's true what I said.  That Republican just wants to throw a fit because he just wants to rally support against the bill.  Anybody that knows how Congress works knows that every item in the stimulus package was analyzed and voted on. 

Actually I was wrong, the full bill is almost 1000 pages long there is no way that that can be read through properly and analysed closely within a few days. Ahh even Kucinich supported this bill  ::)

lol ok bro, so somehow Congress didn't vote on every single item in the stimulus plan.  People didn't read the final version because everything in the final version was already looked at.  No douchebag is going to add something on the bill that wasn't talked about before hand. 

you also forget that congress members have staffers to read for them, how many do you think actually read that shit. Hillary Clinton couldn't even be bothered to read a bill she voted for call, A joint resolution to authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against Iraq. She claimed her vote is not "a vote for any new doctrine of preemption" but what the fuck are we going to use arms against Iraq for??

Yup very true, I would assume that congess members for the most part get a summary of what the bills contain and then it's simply a matter of them okaying what they hear. That in itself is disturbing because it's an open admission that they have become little more than the final okayers, applies to the vast majority of them anyway.

It is, and I think important bills like War and Stimulus should be read by they members of congress fully and not by their staffers. But at the same time, there are many bills that you could just get your staffers to read it and it's all good.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2009, 11:00:31 AM »
The New York Post has always been a rather moronic paper. i don't think they wanted to be racist and did it on purpose, i just think they have the political sensitivity of the average chimp. they'll have to find someone else to edit-in-chief the next NY Post.

lol u cant be serious! you dont think they wanted to be racist? I dont see how it could be interpreted any other way.

if they had recognized the full potential of this cartoon, they wouldn't have published it. an established newspaper like the NY Post doesn't need to get itself into this kind of PR trouble. it's more probable that the cartoonist wanted to be racist and those dumbfucks at the NY Post kinda failed to notice how this cartoon would be interpreted and published it.

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2009, 12:52:40 PM »
The New York Post has always been a rather moronic paper. i don't think they wanted to be racist and did it on purpose, i just think they have the political sensitivity of the average chimp. they'll have to find someone else to edit-in-chief the next NY Post.

lol u cant be serious! you dont think they wanted to be racist? I dont see how it could be interpreted any other way.

if they had recognized the full potential of this cartoon, they wouldn't have published it. an established newspaper like the NY Post doesn't need to get itself into this kind of PR trouble. it's more probable that the cartoonist wanted to be racist and those dumbfucks at the NY Post kinda failed to notice how this cartoon would be interpreted and published it.

you maybe right there, I was saying they probably don't have any people of color as editors, cuz if they did they would have brought it up right away I would think.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2009, 08:23:30 AM »

you maybe right there, I was saying they probably don't have any people of color as editors, cuz if they did they would have brought it up right away I would think.

I'm not black or a liberal white apologist and I could have told them that cartoon will be seen as insensitive and racist. My guess is it was released with the sole intention of getting publicity. It wasn't so racist that it would really stir things up but it was racist enough to get the people talking about the Post again. I don't know if it'll work but that's what I think the reasoning behind it was. And reading about the cartoon comparing bestiality to same sex marriage convinced me.