Author Topic: [My] Review of The Game last night at Anaheim (2/18)  (Read 630 times)

AK

• Muthafuckin' OG
[My] Review of The Game last night at Anaheim (2/18)
« on: February 19, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »
Ok first of this is my personal review from attending the show last night. I felt the obligation to do this maybe savin you guys some money and time. and I was in the front so I did get the full experience.

The first opening act was a random backpack hip hopper but he brought out hitman!! that was great he did his verses  off of chronic 2001. So I, along with everyone else thought we were in for a good night...boy were we wrong.

I should let you guys know this was my fourth time seeing Game perform (Doctor's Advocate tour, Carson Daly show, Powerhouse) and I can honestly say its worse and worse everytime. But if that would have been your first time you prob. enjoyed it.
Anyways the doors opened at 7, show started at "8", and I should mention there was a line forming outside from 3:30pm and we arrived there at 5:45 Game didnt come on until 11:15! and finished at 12. Had a whole bunch of nonobies opening up which was frustrating everyone..my buzz, high, and energy was COMPLETELY gone by the time Game came on. One of the opening acts wasnt even rap and it was plain torture..everyone started booing. Leading up to the game....

after 3 nobodies (dont understand how Ya Boy doesnt get these spots) performed for 30 min each Nipsey Hussle came and peformed a couple songs (none w/ Game) and gave the crowd some energy. He definitely did his part

After that clyde Carson peformed about three songs and his performance was mediocre..Nipsey did a better job of getting the crowd involved..so finally Game is next ...

everyone literally had to stand and listen to random rap/club music playing for about another 35min!! it was fucking ridiculous..after the horrific wait Game FINALLY came out and opened with Dopeboys which was really good. Everyone got into and it led into another great track which was LAX files..loved it! after that things started going downwards....

He played a lot of school old songs (well only chorus') of snoops gin n juice, whats my name, Dre's nuthin but a g thang etc..he kept teasing us and really led to nothing. He did a lot of [Bullshit] talking about the west coast and his representation. He even performed pac's hit em up for some strange reason...I'm all for keeping legends alive but to do a song to diss another DEAD rap legend? kinda weird..then I dont know if this was planned or not but girls wanted to go on stage so he literally took 20min out of his performance to bring as many girls on stage as he could and they even turned on all the lights!.i started thinking ok maybe a booty contest or something ilke the back in the [House of Blues] times..but no..nothing..they were just in the background for a little while with game's bodyguards creating a circle of wall around him..and to add insult to injury while this was going on "couldnt get far was playing...so after that weird 30 min episode he did State of emergency and after that took some MORE tiem to talk about the westcoast then said he was gonna chug a bottle of gray goose.they brought it out and he jugged it ALL without taking a breath..so obviously it was water..pathetic...at that point he did higher of the documentary for a little bit, performed money off of lax which was pretty solid then said a couple of gunot lines..and called it a night.

I wasnt trippin as much about the $40 i dropped but more of WHAT A FUCKING WASTE OF TIME that was...he brought out no one ..NO ONE..i didnt even see Juice or Phat Rat or anyone in the background on stage..and this is supposed to be the LAX tour..

I know this was kinda vague but just thought i'd let u guys know....i think in all he did no more than 9 songs. Anyone else that was there share your thoughts. The doctors advocate concert I attended was the best I've seen him. But i've been to wayyy better shows including the memorable Dogg Pound ft every westcoast artist to make an impact at key Club in 2006

I'll post up pictures later

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 01:41:23 AM by AK »

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: [My] Review of The Game last night at Anaheim (2/18)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 08:34:31 PM »
damn hope shit gets better by the time he comes out here to va already got my tickets....
+1 for the review tho

Al Bundy

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 09:52:09 PM »
that's wack when you pay to see a artist preform and the show totally fails compared to your expectation. maybe if you see game in traffic you can let him know how lame the show was lol.

the best preformer i've seen is redman.. dude handed me a blunt on stage  8)

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 09:55:15 PM »
that's wack when you pay to see a artist preform and the show totally fails compared to your expectation. maybe if you see game in traffic you can let him know how lame the show was lol.

the best preformer i've seen is redman.. dude handed me a blunt on stage  8)

ya red and meth went in to the crowed out hear in the bay just smoking with every one performing . shit was dope i gotta give it to them they put on a good show.

lilvasquez

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • [Black Wall Street/Presice Music Group]
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 10:05:45 PM »
he is coming to my city in april .  8)

Jaydc555

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 10:06:57 PM »
I saw game once.it was the how the west was won your.he did a pretty good set but snoop was almost two hours late and rushed through his set but for some reason had junebug dance around on stage for like 10 mins straight which was terrible.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »
haha he somewhat did that another time on the korn tour
they had that dogghouse and junebug was on stage jus doin nuthin wit soopafly doin nuthin
then they say blah blah you want snoop to come out???
haha
then he walks outta the house wit some wine?
drinkin some wine n shit
but he did some classics, nuthin special

I saw game once.it was the how the west was won your.he did a pretty good set but snoop was almost two hours late and rushed through his set but for some reason had junebug dance around on stage for like 10 mins straight which was terrible.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jaydc555

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 10:19:40 PM »
I did go to the up in smoke tour,everyone was great on that show.still in my top 5 shows I've ever been to.I wonder if their ever will be a hip hop tour that packs as many stars on one bill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 10:25:52 PM »
that would be dope to see
but doubt it
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 10:57:35 PM »
I went to the smoked out tour, Bone Thugs, Ice Cube and Dogg Pound all killed it, but Snoop was boring as fuck. Homie just had no energy and loved himself too much, as a headliner and the main reason I went I was pretty dissapointed, felt gutted for people like my girlfriend who only knew Snoops music really. Luckily Bone and Cube killed it

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 11:07:34 PM »
i wanted to Snoop's R&G european tour & Game did the first part of tha show, all i remember its he was on fire !! movin all over the stage, Quik was there too ( quik & game jumped into tha crowd !! ) !

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 11:13:13 PM »
u did the big mistake everyone seems to do at the anaheim HOB, is that they go to the venue early as fuck for an 8pm show, Hip Hop Acts NEVER (And Ive seen 6 shows at HOB Anaheim) get on stage earlier than 10:30, NEVER! all 7 shows (2x Living Legends, Ice Cube, Dj Quik, Atmosphere, Kottonmouth Kings) And It never happend.

I learned after the 2nd one, I would always arrive @ 10pm and make it just in time

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 11:15:54 PM »
but damn they charge that much for the ticket, for drinks etc..
and then come late or dont perform that much like they on a time limit
aite they might be on a time limit but sometimes they perform as many songs as they want
Cube

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 11:53:34 PM »
Good read.  ;D

You know what's sad about this whole issue? This type of thing happens with the majority of rap/hip-hop artists. These guys are supposed to be professionals. They get paid to perform and make music. What part of making your fans wait for endless hours is professional? If they were working a normal 'profession' they would have been fired 10 times over. It's fucking lame as shit. WE are the ones putting the food on these artists' plate and how do they treat us in return? I understand that delays do happen, but come the fuck on. 3-4 Hours? Bullshit I say. What's even better is waiting 3-4 extra hours for a performance, only to have the artist and his posse scream and yell into the microphone like the concert is a god damn shouting match. What ever happened to  'quality of music'? Your $40 dollars has been burned, stomped on, and shitted on. NO PROFESSIONALISM!  >:(

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 01:07:50 AM »
^^^your right evan
they always say he caught traffic aite whats next
plane was late
aite
girl wanted to fuck 1 more tyme
next
couldnt find the right clothes (cuz you know if snoop isnt blued up, its a problem)
next
secutiy
next
promoter fucked up
excuses for days
fuck tha industry
Cube