Author Topic: Reasons how DJ Premier is best and not over-rated  (Read 4154 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Reasons how DJ Premier is best and not over-rated
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2009, 01:40:24 PM »
You want some real shit?  If you can't relate to this shit right here then you can't understand where I'm comin' from and what is that real shit.   
  and no i'm not from California

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2009, 01:42:17 PM »
thats cool man I can repsect your opinion. But as i recall you were the one jumping into these threads claiming 3-6 is god and all that jazz. What you could of easily done is just made your own thread about 3-6 and that would of been fine.

To say i have hate for southern mc's is ridiculous because i dont even compare mc's to where they came from. Its about what they are saying on the mic tand how they are saying it hat affects my opinion.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2009, 01:49:43 PM »
thats cool man I can repsect your opinion. But as i recall you were the one jumping into these threads claiming 3-6 is god and all that jazz. What you could of easily done is just made your own thread about 3-6 and that would of been fine.

To say i have hate for southern mc's is ridiculous because i dont even compare mc's to where they came from. Its about what they are saying on the mic tand how they are saying it hat affects my opinion.

You're bullshitting me, my name was called out 1st and I just came thru with some real shit and muthafuckaz thought they could get some glory and it didn't happen.  U were 1 of them.  3-6 is just some niggaz I look up 2 and respect, doesn't mean I don't respect anybody that's made it (1 hit wonder or Legend).  They make real music to me, it's nothing but Raw energy and power in audio.  is another example of what's good to me and what's really real music... 

is what I love, Preme doesn't make shit sound this good or any other canadian rapper out there.  I just speak on what's real, not abuncha gas somewhere I read and decided I agree'd with.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2009, 01:58:21 PM »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2009, 02:05:13 PM »
  THIS IS REAL MUSIC, PUT THAT OTHER SHIT UNDER THA BUS!  *no disrespect to any MC*

Al Bundy

« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2009, 04:32:38 PM »
Have your opinion and keep it, just don't come at me all crazy like Preme is someone I should bow down to or hold higher respect to, when I can easily and have easily do what he's done (musically) and find 100 better producers...

you can easily recreate the classics that he's done over the past 20 years.. i'd like to see that. sounds more like you're blowing shit out your ass now.

Rick McCrank

« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2009, 04:37:29 PM »
Have your opinion and keep it, just don't come at me all crazy like Preme is someone I should bow down to or hold higher respect to, when I can easily and have easily do what he's done (musically) and find 100 better producers...

wow

why don't you do it then?  big hip hop expert

if it's so easy to be a legend and do what he does, why are you at home posting on the internet?

the ignorance is overwhelming...

Invincible

« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2009, 06:46:44 PM »

Better than any Just Blaze or 3-6 beats out there. There is no way you can say Premo is over-rated with joints like these.

I like DJ Premier but youre crazy if you dont think he's overrated.  What does he do thats so special? he samples and loops, uses the same general tempo range on everything he does, uses VERY similar drum patterns on everything, uses VERY similar drum samples on everything he does and he's used the same style for about the same amount of time that Too Short has used his same style. What makes him any better than a guy like Just Blaze (other than your own personal taste)?

His choice of samples make him that good, then how he loops them. All songs are loops if you listen to them. Like I said earlier, if it aint broke don't fix it. Infact I think he recently changed the decks he uses and he's starting to get a new sound. From 96-07, I admit his style didn't change at all, but recently his sound hasn't been as familiar.

lol so because you like his taste in shit to sample, he's great? I mean damn, I like a whole lot of his catalog too, but lets not act like hes really doing anything all that special. he's taking other people's shit and putting his signature drum samples/patterns behind em. Not much different than a million other people.

I am not great at explaining this type of shit. I just love the vibe his beats give out over anyone elses (except Dre).

What about at 1:27, do u think that is some shit too?  Really I'm just curious

I'm not hating on 3-6, I just don't think they are as good as preme.

BULLSHIT!!! everytime I mentioned 3-6 you alwayz had some coon shit to say about, don't get all wishy washy on me bcuz I proved to you that they can rock a beat harder than Preme can (not 2 discredit Preme).  Just next time, know who you're talking about before you just go off and say that they ain't shit (pretty much that's what you've been callin out).

i could on and on with these niggaz but i'll leave that up 2 you

Find me one quote where I've said they are shit. "Better than any Just Blaze or 3-6 beats out there" was what I said, not that they are shit. The only person you've proved to that they can rock a beat harder is to yourself.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2009, 07:33:12 PM »
See the problem is ya'll blog too much and like the internet beef.  without that you're day is shit.  see when i said i can recreate classics I meant i can EASILY take a simple chop of a song and apply it to some EASILY made drum patterns (here's an example of what I've done that's unfinished i should add http://www.zshare.net/audio/55835397eb72bdac/).  see, unlike most if not all of u I actually make music, so I understand what it's like being an artist and somewhat a person in that position.  alot of ya'll are caught up in the mystique of black folkx and black culture which truely indeed handicaps you're reasoning and logic on what it is and what it ain't (especially music, look at how the labels work).  see it's way so easy 2 make a so called classic record like ya'll claim Premo makes, it's literally too easy (check my zshare).  it's kinda like, if you can't make a record like that you shouldent even be talking about Rap records foreal, bcuz if you can't do that how can you criticize the next person who does (good or bad, on both ends).  If ya'll don't comprehend this right here, ya'll can suck my dick foreal bcuz if u dont git it, let me give it 2 ya raw (with this zshare and my previous posts, that's official)

And Supa you always talk shit, so wtf are you talking about.  anytime anybody disagrees with you u dum out  *dont respond bcuz u know i'm right*

« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 07:47:02 PM by RadioTube!_301 »

Invincible

« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2009, 07:51:16 PM »
See the problem is ya'll blog too much and like the internet beef.  without that you're day is shit.  see when i said i can recreate classics I meant i can EASILY take a simple chop of a song and apply it to some EASILY made drum patterns (here's an example of what I've done that's unfinished i should add http://www.zshare.net/audio/55835397eb72bdac/).  see, unlike most if not all of u I actually make music, so I understand what it's like being an artist and somewhat a person in that position.  alot of ya'll are caught up in the mystique of black folkx and black culture which truely indeed handicaps you're reasoning and logic on what it is and what it ain't (especially music, look at how the labels work).  see it's way so easy 2 make a so called classic record like ya'll claim Premo makes, it's literally too easy (check my zshare).  it's kinda like, if you can't make a record like that you shouldent even be talking about Rap records foreal, bcuz if you can't do that how can you criticize the next person who does (good or bad, on both ends).  If ya'll don't comprehend this right here, ya'll can suck my dick foreal bcuz if u dont git it, let me give it 2 ya raw (with this zshare and my previous posts, that's official)

And Supa you always talk shit, so wtf are you talking about.  anytime anybody disagrees with you u dum out  *dont respond bcuz u know i'm right*

Nice one. You've just proved you can't make beats for shit when claiming you can. And I'm the one who talks shit.  ???

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2009, 07:54:46 PM »

Nice one. You've just proved you can't make beats for shit when claiming you can. And I'm the one who talks shit.  ???

you're always right.  how can i argue with a god like u http://www.zshare.net/audio/5612892274434595/

Invincible

« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2009, 07:59:56 PM »

you're always right.  how can i argue with a god like u http://www.zshare.net/audio/5612892274434595/

At last, you've finnally admitted it. i knew you'd come through.  :P

Rick McCrank

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2009, 11:47:13 PM »
oh my god you're so good at making beats

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2009, 01:46:36 AM »
Tha Truth 8)

jeromechickenbone

Re: I guess he was calling me out when he made this thread
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2009, 12:53:39 PM »
Seriously people, comparing Premo w/ Just Blaze or 36 is ridiculous.

Call me when JB or 36 consisently hold down production on multiple classic albums, some of which are considered arguably the greatest Hip Hop albums of all time - Illmatic, Ready To Die, The Sun Rises in the East, Gangstarr, etc etc I could go all fucking day. 

Have those 2 cats even remotely touched that?  No.  So quit with these comparisons. 

And for the record, 36>JB.

Peace

I could name you a couple CLASSIC triple six mafia albums, but you would never agree with me in a million years so there's no point.  And trust me I'm not the only one who feels this way... WestSide, EastSide, MidWest, and of course DownSouth.

Ok, so do it.  You're telling me that those albums had as profound effect on the state of Hip Hop like the albums I listed?  I love 36, Project Pat, all that shit.  8ball & MJG, UGK have phenomenal albums.  They still aren't touching Preme's catalog.  They're just not on Premo's level. 

You've obviously spent a lot of time listening to the more "positive" side of hip hop than I have .  and you're white, so that means we have a different perspective all together (which is cool).  but to say Preme has impacted the game like a god and 3-6 have been playing the back seat students in his classroom is going way overboard.  Paul & Juicy have designed the sound that Hip Hop has been using for almost the past 7 years now, and not to mention all of the underground southern artist before that (no limit, cash money, etc.) .  Preme may have impacted YOUR LIFE in a major way but in Hip Hop in general he can truely only speak for the EastCoast (and that's real and not 2 mention he's from Texas  ::)).  Three 6 Mafia have an epic catalog IMO (they've put out over 30 artist, how can u downplay that).  Preme has done a good job, but if u ask me alot of his beats aren't more complex than a 3-6 beat (and u obviously havent listened to enough to give me a good opinion on that).  They have classic albums like Mystic Stylez, The End, Chapter 2, Ghetty Green, Da Unbreakables, 6661, Mista Don't Play, Layin Tha Smackdown, and countless underground albums that've never seen a store self but have sold anywhere from 25,000-500,000 (atleast) just out of the trunks straight off of word of mouth, from 1991-1995/1996 (literally).  You're tryna knock tha 6 bcuz u don't like them, fair enough- dont really give a fuck if u do.  But let me educate you on this... DJ Paul and DJ Premier are good producers/dj's and both of em have they own style, but truth be told there's only a million other producers better than DJ Premier (who's obviously been livin' off of his loyal fan base these past 10 years).  Now Three 6 Mafia- they've won Oscars they have white folks singin' they songs and using their phrases, they've probably outplayed Preme in the clubs 6 to 1 (anywhere), and as of now (today) they're more popular - and not just with the kids.  Preme is a cool cat and has made some good shit, but it sounds like to me, you've been listening to too many rap politics and not actually listening to the music.  It's all good, like wat u like and dislike watcha dont like- but y r u trying to play Three 6 like they've done absolutly nothing for this game besides make (quite a few) big singles and that's it.  You're young and nieve and you aren't well rounded enough in music appreciation to hold a conversation with me or anyone mature so I can't win with you or anyone else who has a problem/dispute with what I'm laying out (which is facts and not opinions).  If you want DJ-cutted sample records, then I'd go with Pete Rock over Premier anyday- atleast he's changed his sound more than twice in tha past 20 years and made better records, which is something I can't say for Preme- but more luck to Preme though- we need more Blacks in the Hall of Fame.

LEGENDARY

You should really do your homework on these niggaz

Best Drug Song in a few years

I could go on ALL DAY about the songs that will NEVER play out done by The Hypnotized Camp Posse but you're a youngin who's in love with Preme's work, that's a fight I could never win (you're as bad as a woman scorned).  But here's a few of my personal favorites, there's really a million more but I don't feel like givin' this shit no more attention than wat I already have (which is alot already).  I'm way more to get this money than to argue with a like you.  And besides all of the bitches love the Three 6, so that should tell u somethin there I havent even mentioned Lil' Wyte or Frayser Boy or T Rock for that matter.

You can't talk about best albums of Hip Hop of all time and only mention the usual albums (which are sounding older and lamer by the day like illmatic for one, used to be my all time favorite but it started to really get old to me a long time ago.  And i can gaurantee you that The Source magazine gave it that "classic" mystique it has and not it just being classic becuz of the album it's self).  And you can't mention classic Hip Hop and not mention Three 6 Mafia or Project Pat You're discrediting alot of good Hip Hop if you are.

First, you're way over exaggerating acting like I'm saying 36 ain't shit -- they are mad talented NO DOUBT. Second, you have no idea what my ethnicity is.  Making generalizations like that only propagate racism and hate bruh.  So leave that shit out of the discussion. Third, your posts are very difficult to read.  I couldn't make it to the end because I started getting nausea.  Going forward, you'll have to clean that raggedy shit up if you want me to continue to respond.  But then again, you're black and black people aren't educated so it's no surprise you have difficulty expressing yourself effectively.  (and just so we're clear, that was purely sarcasm to reflect your ignorance back at you)

Having said that, you're delusional if you think they've had a bigger impact on the game than Preme.  I'm not on dudes nuts, don't know him.  Please show me where I made the claim that he was the annointed one or some shit.  You got me confused bruh.  The fact is, sure 36 might well be Gods regionally and what not.  Like E-40 is to the bay.  Both get mad respect from anybody that knows what their talking about, but outside of their loop and region they're not as highly regarded and haven't had the impact of Premier. 

If you polled 100 heads from all over the US and asked them to compile a top 50 hip hop albums of all time, you honestly believe 36 would be all over that list?  The fact remains that Premier's name will be abundant on that list. 

You kinda sound mad.  Do you dislike any album that doesn't have a pen & pixel cover?

Peace.