Author Topic: Reasons how DJ Premier is best and not over-rated  (Read 4155 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Reasons how DJ Premier is best and not over-rated
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2009, 08:53:20 AM »
Yeah I mean 3 6 mafia are talented producers.but as for rhyming their shit is so basic and boring and repetitive.and like guy said I don't think any would have a single 3 6 mafia album in their top 100.you say they've shaped the music that is today?well how surprising is it that hip hop is considered dead and the worst its ever been?mainly because of the south.not saying the south is All bad but let's face it a lot of it is garbage that won't be remembered.do you seriously think that 50 years from now people will care about 3 6 mafia?they won't believe me.what they've done is great but they are a regional group and that's all.illmatic will always be one of the best hip hop albums ever created and your just downright crazy if you think a 3 6 mafia album is better

Three 6 have done alot for hip hop, first hip hop artist to win a grammy, first rap artists to go platinum in memphis, 2 or 3 classic south albums,

This is a disagreement thats goin nowhere,

Its all about opinions, so no1 can say "I you think Juicy J and DJ Paul are better than Preme then your crazy and dont know hip hop" cause thats wrong

2 different styles,

Personally i prefer three 6's production, Does that mean i have bad taste in hip hop??

Not really, both of em are sample heavy and use dj'ing techniecs when it comes to their production.  Three 6 has more instrumentation in their music vs. Preme's basic beat (kick, clap, hi hat, sample, minimal bass) <--- and that's it.  that's why they're better, but like who u like- i know if we're having a conversation about who's more talented then you would'nt have a choice but to agree that the 6 is better.  why..... it's like comparing Dr. Dre & Jermaine Dupri, both of em have classics and consistant records but at the end of the day who puts more into their music and who makes it sound better... Dr. Dre.  of course everybody wouldn't agree with that analigy but if u asked everybody if they liked Bush - some people would still say he was a great President...  Bottom line, sonically Three 6 is more advanced- there's no way around that.  Preme doesn't rhyme so u can't use the lyrical ability but if u ask me Juicy J and Lord Infamous are some very unique MC's which puts them in a league of their own.

I meant as in Premes is more upbeat/feel good in the sample whereas three 6(mainly earlier stuff) is dark, evil sort of stuff. Imo juicy and Paul have more to give in terms of a wide range of productions, but no doubt both three 6 and premo have made classics

True shit, but i don't understand how u could say Three 6 isn't more upbeat. 

- it's nothing to make a beat

I meant premo is like feel good sort of stuff/soul and jazz orientated samples

Juicy and Paul can do it to , (Poppin my collar, New Project pat single etc)

tru

Jaydc555

« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2009, 01:53:56 PM »
They were not the first hip hop artists to win a Grammy.I'm sure you meant Oscar.and sorry again but eminem was the first one to do that

Paul

« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2009, 01:57:32 PM »
They were not the first hip hop artists to win a Grammy.I'm sure you meant Oscar.and sorry again but eminem was the first one to do that

Sorry yeah thats what i meant

And they were the first black music group to win an oscar and the first hip hop artists to perform at the acadamy awards
funkyfreshintheflesh

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2009, 02:10:36 PM »
yeah but
im not sayin 3-6 are wack but when you do what the industry wants you will have more spotlight
otherwise
some wit mad talent like premo would have many awards, more than what he has
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Paul

« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2009, 02:20:20 PM »
yeah but
im not sayin 3-6 are wack but when you do what the industry wants you will have more spotlight
otherwise
some wit mad talent like premo would have many awards, more than what he has

I honestly dont think they were expectin to win an oscar with a track called "Its hard out here for a pimp", tracks bangin too
funkyfreshintheflesh

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2009, 02:46:05 PM »
nah what im sayin is
lil wayne wins 11 awards, does that mean hes dope?
no, hes fucked by the industry
he has to do what they want, he isnt his own boss

someone like rza, or premo who do what they want, not the other way around. 
different levels of respect
3-6 same shit as lil wayne
they make lil girl muzik, at recently have been
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Paul

« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2009, 02:52:30 PM »
nah what im sayin is
lil wayne wins 11 awards, does that mean hes dope?
no, hes fucked by the industry
he has to do what they want, he isnt his own boss

Three 6 won an oscar, Lil wayne wins shitty awards

3-6 same shit as lil wayne
they make lil girl muzik, at recently have been

Your an idiot  ::)

first track of the new album, Girl Music??
funkyfreshintheflesh

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2009, 02:55:56 PM »
nah but that was aite, one of their better traxx
but i was talkin bout that lolli shit they was doin
but still premo>>>>>3-6 haha
Cube

Paul

« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2009, 03:00:25 PM »
nah but that was aite, one of their better traxx
but i was talkin bout that lolli shit they was doin
but still premo>>>>>3-6 haha

Yeah that track was kinda gay ;D

still bangs in a system, really the only mainstream "attempt" by them
funkyfreshintheflesh

Jaydc555

« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2009, 03:04:25 PM »
So that song with good Charlotte wasn't a mainstream attempt?lol.

Paul

« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2009, 03:10:49 PM »
So that song with good Charlotte wasn't a mainstream attempt?lol.

Not at all, the subject matter , lyrics and production was nowhere near an attempt at mainstream

Because they use a popular band doesnt mean there doin some Lil wayne shit
funkyfreshintheflesh

Jaydc555

« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2009, 03:47:20 PM »
I don't know were on opposite sides of the fence.see I can respect 3 6 but I like my hip hop to be more then just a hot beat.I want an emcee with actual skill and is actually saying something.3 6 is mind numbingly dumb music from a lyrics standpoint.rhyming fun with gun is a complex rhyme scheme for them.with premo you know have to bring heat otherwise he isn't going to work with you.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2009, 04:29:04 PM »
I don't know were on opposite sides of the fence.see I can respect 3 6 but I like my hip hop to be more then just a hot beat.I want an emcee with actual skill and is actually saying something.3 6 is mind numbingly dumb music from a lyrics standpoint.rhyming fun with gun is a complex rhyme scheme for them.with premo you know have to bring heat otherwise he isn't going to work with you.

Good Charlott wasn't a commercial attempt, even though it woulda been kool (but I personally thought they coulda added more to the beat- they're already rock hop in a way, some bad azz heavy chord 17 note melody electric guitars and some GOOD sounding Wah guitar riffs woulda killed that shit and some MK1 Rhodes).

That old lyricsm arguement is really dum now, so wat if u don't rhyme like m.c killa god.  all rap music don't have to have some mind blowing extravaganza of punch lines and freestyle raps or songs about i had it hard growing up so now that i made it im a grown man now lmao.  keep that shit simple and straight to the point.  you have to be in a mood to listen to all music though.    *General's Daughter Movie Score, not theme* - (bruce willis):  Preme couldn't fuck a sample up like this

but we can all agree that the more you add to music that makes it better right.?  all im saying is if i can only play 3 different notes on a horn really good and that was it and you compared me to someone who played 8 notes on a horn really good then you would consider my competition better than me.  And that's how i see it, Im not rallying for HCP bcuz i like them better- i'm speaking solely as an artist and a lover of the game.  you can't say 75 cents is better than a dollar, it just ain't true.
- you ain't always gotta talk "sense" to make a better record, just feel that shit- u kno  (don't answer dat)

- hype music on some REAL shit! - fuck sittin' in my seat I need to get up or feel that shit when i'm bumpin my shit.   *<--nevermind what i wrote earlier in this post, i was bein' dum but ya'll know wat i'm sayin*

I love chill/jazzy music just as much as the next person does (especially that dark laid back pimp shit like ) but all i'm sayin is don't bore me with your basic ass beats and "my lyrics burn like takin a shit after eatin a jalapeno burrito" rhymes and  then call yourself the god of dj'n and production.  doing nothing but songs like that can be just a lame as songs like "kiss you thru the phone" no matter how positive your message is.  it ain't like we ain't never heard songs like before a million times, it's just a different beat and different artists. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:48:57 AM by RadioTube!_301 »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2009, 07:10:26 AM »
I'll keep my Rap Music with real music like & rather than my music with only the basics like i give The Cool Kidz they props and that's where it stops.  Is that what "real" hip hop is.  I mean no disrespect to tha past and the forefathers but it's 2009, that shit has to left in tha past like last years milk in tha fridge today and your favorite toy you had growing up as a kid (you'd wanna preserve it maybe, but u gotta put it up and advance yourself).  Every now and again "Retro" hip hop records are cool and will always be, even for a concept album/mixtape today, but if every record has that same old sound with just tha same drums, same bass, and high top fade rhymes, you aren't exactly what I call a Good Artist.  Every coast has this problem but c'mon- New York style Hip Hop (no disrespect bcuz I fux wit em all) has been more boring then watching nothing but back to back to back to back to back and more back to backs of dance records and kiddie records.  though not all bad, it's still just as bad.  and i'm not generalizing.  i need my records like & but as human beings dont we all need variety (and good variety) *Classic*

- is this not the same message we heard 16 years ago, i think it's time to move on.  i love the beat but how shitty jealous can 1 State be?

- not an enjoyable record by my standards but definitly a direction of where Hip Hop needs to go.  I love simple records too, but you can't possible say your perception of Hip Hop is better when you do nothing to your music but spit metaphoric poetry.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:25:59 AM by RadioTube!_301 »

Invincible

« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2009, 07:24:07 AM »
I'll keep my Rap Music with real music like & rather than my music with only the basics like i give The Cool Kidz they props and that's where it stops.  Is that what "real" hip hop is.  I mean no disrespect to tha past and the forefathers but it's 2009, that shit has to left in tha past like last years milk in tha fridge today and your favorite toy you had growing up as a kid (you'd wanna preserve it maybe, but u gotta put it up and advance yourself).  Every now and again "Retro" hip hop records are cool and will always be, even for a concept album/mixtape today, but if every record has that same old sound with just tha same drums, same bass, and high top fade rhymes, you aren't exactly what I call a Good Artist.  Every coast has this problem but c'mon- New York style Hip Hop (no disrespect bcuz I fux wit em all) has been more boring then watching nothing but back to back to back to back to back and more back to backs of dance records and kiddie records.  though not all bad, it's still just as bad.  and i'm not generalizing.  i need my records like but as human beings dont we all need variety (and good variety) *Classic*

- is this not the same message we heard 16 years ago, i think it's time to move on.  i love the beat but how shitty jealous can 1 State be?

- not an enjoyable record by my standards but definitly a direction of where Hip Hop needs to go.  I love simple records too, but you can't possible say your perception of Hip Hop is better when you do nothing to your music but spit metaphoric poetry.

So basically, what you are saying is there is no message in any of the music 3-6 does, so it stays fresh.