Author Topic: Reasons how DJ Premier is best and not over-rated  (Read 4153 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Reasons how DJ Premier is best and not over-rated
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2009, 04:38:50 PM »

Better than any Just Blaze or 3-6 beats out there. There is no way you can say Premo is over-rated with joints like these.

I like DJ Premier but youre crazy if you dont think he's overrated.  What does he do thats so special? he samples and loops, uses the same general tempo range on everything he does, uses VERY similar drum patterns on everything, uses VERY similar drum samples on everything he does and he's used the same style for about the same amount of time that Too Short has used his same style. What makes him any better than a guy like Just Blaze (other than your own personal taste)?

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2009, 05:14:12 PM »
Does anyone have a best of Dj Premier cd? If not somone need to make a best of Premo, and put 18 of his best work on a cd
That would be some dope shit. Premier is in a league of his own. 8)

Invincible

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2009, 05:37:51 PM »

Better than any Just Blaze or 3-6 beats out there. There is no way you can say Premo is over-rated with joints like these.

I like DJ Premier but youre crazy if you dont think he's overrated.  What does he do thats so special? he samples and loops, uses the same general tempo range on everything he does, uses VERY similar drum patterns on everything, uses VERY similar drum samples on everything he does and he's used the same style for about the same amount of time that Too Short has used his same style. What makes him any better than a guy like Just Blaze (other than your own personal taste)?

His choice of samples make him that good, then how he loops them. All songs are loops if you listen to them. Like I said earlier, if it aint broke don't fix it. Infact I think he recently changed the decks he uses and he's starting to get a new sound. From 96-07, I admit his style didn't change at all, but recently his sound hasn't been as familiar.

Invincible

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2009, 05:38:45 PM »
Does anyone have a best of Dj Premier cd? If not somone need to make a best of Premo, and put 18 of his best work on a cd

That is gonna be very hard with all the classics he's put out, even the non classics are dope. I'll see what I can do.

BiggBoogaBiff

You will NEED SOME GOOD SPEAKERS!
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2009, 06:09:55 PM »

Probably would be some good/classic shit

But he ain't fuckin' wit' dem Mafia Niggaz  ;D  -  
    *official smokin song*  (i hope Dr. Dre make a song like this for Detox)

Or my niggaz Jus' Bleezy

Pete Rock....  shits on Premo  (battle PR vs. P)
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq4GE-TrasA   

(I wish this song would get notarized as a classic)
(Havoc)
(Havoc)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 06:30:03 PM by RadioTube!_301 »

Al Bundy

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2009, 06:40:45 PM »
radiotube, will you for the love of fucking god learn how to embed videos? no one is going to click every single one of your links

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2009, 07:01:25 PM »
radiotube, will you for the love of fucking god learn how to embed videos? no one is going to click every single one of your links

lol i dont know how

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2009, 07:03:52 PM »

His choice of samples make him that good, then how he loops them. All songs are loops if you listen to them. Like I said earlier, if it aint broke don't fix it. Infact I think he recently changed the decks he uses and he's starting to get a new sound. From 96-07, I admit his style didn't change at all, but recently his sound hasn't been as familiar.

lol so because you like his taste in shit to sample, he's great? I mean damn, I like a whole lot of his catalog too, but lets not act like hes really doing anything all that special. he's taking other people's shit and putting his signature drum samples/patterns behind em. Not much different than a million other people.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2009, 07:26:27 PM »

lol so because you like his taste in shit to sample, he's great? I mean damn, I like a whole lot of his catalog too, but lets not act like hes really doing anything all that special. he's taking other people's shit and putting his signature drum samples/patterns behind em. Not much different than a million other people.

Don't wanna take sides or be a Bennadict Arnold but that's 95% of rap.  It's all about how good you can make it sound.  My vote still goes to the 6 and Pete Rock.  Both are waay more original and better than Preme (but still much love 2 tha DJ, let him take his shine, I just hope he recognizes his peers {in interviews} and not just the usual suspects like Pete Rock and Alchemist)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 07:33:20 PM by RadioTube!_301 »

Invincible

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2009, 07:53:25 PM »

I am not great at explaining this type of shit. I just love the vibe his beats give out over anyone elses (except Dre).

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2009, 08:20:25 PM »

I am not great at explaining this type of shit. I just love the vibe his beats give out over anyone elses (except Dre).

What about at 1:27, do u think that is some shit too?  Really I'm just curious

Invincible

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2009, 08:39:47 PM »

What about at 1:27, do u think that is some shit too?  Really I'm just curious

I'm not hating on 3-6, I just don't think they are as good as preme.

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2009, 09:55:33 PM »

That is gonna be very hard with all the classics he's put out, even the non classics are dope. I'll see what I can do.

That be some great shit, if that comes together! 8)

Al Bundy

« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2009, 10:49:34 PM »

lol i dont know how

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=104193.0

Paul

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2009, 05:31:48 AM »
1 of the best instrumentals iv heard

funkyfreshintheflesh