Author Topic: "Answers From the Book of Knoc" -Dr.Dre Beat On "Book Of Knoc?" Elektra, Treache  (Read 789 times)

Lunatic

http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1341/56/

It's monday so y'all know what that means! Knoc-Turn'Al is on Raptalk.Net addressing any interesting topics and questions the fans bring forth to our attention!

We start the week off by Knoc-Turn'Al speaking on his first label, Elektra Records! Knoc specifically talks how the label handled his debut EP, "LA Confidential Presents: Knoc-Turn'Al" and his full length debut, "The Way I Am." The relationship ended when Elektra was bought out and had fired their entire rap department during the time promo time for "The Way I Am." One would think that would leave an artist bitter, so many of you may be surprised to read Knoc's answer!

Dr. Dre, the legendary west coast producer that helped introduce Knoc-Turn'Al to the rap game. Dre made rap and production appearances on both Knoc-Turn'Al projects, so the big question forms, "Is Dr. Dre on The Book Of Knoc as well?" Knoc answers it!

From Elektra to Treacherous Records is where Knoc-Turn'Al went to. Knoc lets us know what he feels his chances are regarding his album seeing the light of day!

Enjoy...

Raptalk.Net: D~Nice wants to know, “what are your uncut thoughts on how Elektra handled your first two albums?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Elektra! Ok D~Nice. We love you guys and we are going to make sure every question is answered. All we’re going to do is just talk about it. Sylvia Rhone handled my two albums to tell you the truth – I loved the way she handled them. She is the queen. She has accomplished something that nobody has – she was the first black CEO of any major label; the first chairwoman of any major label ever. After that all I can somebody who accomplished more than that is Barrack Obama. I love for her that. She gave me a chance and all I gotta’ do is man up.

Raptalk.Net: Laconic asks, “Who is Knoc-Turn’Al’s favorite musician outside of rap?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Outside of rap? The lead singer from Guns and Roses. Axl Rose.

Raptalk.Net: Matty wants to know, “Did you work with Dr. Dre for the new album? What year is the beat from? Was it expensive?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Matty, whatever Dr. Dre needs me to do – it would never be expensive. Yes I got a beat from Dre on “The Book of Knoc” but if I didn’t would you love me any less?

Raptalk.Net: Laconic wants to know, “Since it's been a minute between releases for Knoc can the fans ever expect to hear tracks that don't make the retail albums?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Yeah. I’m going to be truthful to what’s going on. One thing for sure is that if you want to hear other stuff, that’s fine. But the stuff that I put on the market is the credibility, the timeless tracks. You know what I mean? The stuff that is on “The Book of Knoc” is timeless stuff. When they talk about classic albums, I really feel that this music will be some James Brown stuff to the point where they are like “Man Hip-Hop was hot on the west coast but look at what he released and look what happened.” It’s just a wave that everybody could ride.

Raptalk.Net: Mau claims, “Treacherous has never released anything significant and failed to release Crooked I's album even with the Hip-Hop Weekly hype. What's your point of view on Treacherous and what are your honest chances that your album will see the day of light?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Probably one in a million but I’ve done better before (Laughs). The whole point being never doubt anyone. If you have something better to offer then why don’t you just say that instead of trying to play.

There you have it! As usual, Knoc-Turn'Al is here to answer your calling! Shouts out to ChronicVacation.Com, Illuminati2G.Net and SoPrupRadio.Com for being apart of this contest!

We'd like to end this installment with a little exclusive message Knoc-Turn'Al recorded for Raptalk.Net!

“Ey you know what? We got ya’ boy Lunatic man, this nigga crazy. I dunno’ why me and him, but I’m up talking to him at like 4Am in the morning and it’s crazy. Raptalk! Raptalk is a motherfucker. A motherfucker is Raptalk. If you listen to me, you’ll understand one thing – (starts signing) “ohh wee” you tell your friends that “ohh wee” nigga is back and then you holla’ back. Then you understand that Knoc-Turn’Al is in the house again!”

Stay tuned for more new Knoc-Turn'Al music premiering shortly and more fan questions answered...
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

penenstamp

Nice one :)

I hope that album will drop sometime, but that answer didn't take away any doubts :P

kuruptDPG

thats was gd, hope we get to hear that dr.dre trak and his album

Paul

Props again Lunatic,

Lol your favourite rapper geve you a wee shout out, lucky you 8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Tha Crip

damn 2 weeks ive been waiting for my question and still nothing lol.....props tho...Knoc's the shit  8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Lunatic

RTRNR: Thanks! The album should drop, I'm very confident.
K4L: I hope so 2!
Paul: Thanks! HaHa, i'd be lying if i said it wasn't great!
Tha Crip: Trust me homie, your questions will get answered

Me and Knoc are going in together to answer a bunch more questions soon, so if you've submitted q's recently, good chances are you'll see them get answered shortly with a mix of some original questions that me and Knoc didn't get around 2 yet!

keep it comin!

Matty

thanks for using one of my questions. shame it didn't get fully answered but in response to knoc's response - no it wouldn't matter as long as there is still stellar quality production on the cd 8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Props again Luna, lol at his answer to if treacherous will ever drop him.

Hey Luna, has knoc ever thought about running his own label on Koch or something? Instead of always waiting on other motherfuckas

Lunatic

Matty: Keep checking back in this thread as Knoc often gives me responses to give y'all; maybe he'll elaborate
NZ: I'll tell Knoc!

Kurupt1607

Props Lunatic 63 and it's cool that people can ask their questions to Knoc  8) i'm impatient to hear "The Book Of Knoc" and the Dr. Dre production.

It will be nice to hear the leftovers of Knoc too, even if i don't think it will happen (he talked about 180 songs recorded with Dre, just listen to a few will be so cool  ;D).

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
that Bang Bang track on 2001 is still on some next level shit 10 years later

incredible joint
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
Thats Whut's Up!!  8)

Paul

that Bang Bang track on 2001 is still on some next level shit 10 years later

incredible joint

Cant believe thats 10 years old, pretty much goes for the whole album
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

K1607: Thanks! We're all impatient to hear it!
LBIA: It really is!
H204: Hell ya!
Paul: For real!

Blood$

good shit  8)