Author Topic: The Great Global Warming Swindle (documentary)  (Read 266 times)

Bad Dreamz

• Lil Geezy
The Great Global Warming Swindle (documentary)
« on: February 24, 2009, 12:04:55 AM »
Just stumbled upon this yesterday. The best documentary I have so far seen about this particular topic.

There is constantly a massive amount of talk about catastrophic man-made global warming. This documentary gives you another perspective on the subject. It talks about the inconsistencies, problems and outright lies found in the evidence backing the man-made global warming theory, how it got started, how it evolved, and the political factors involved. Many accomplished scientists are given a chance to speak out. A very informative film that you should watch, especially if your information on the subject is limited to Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth or the stories on the news.

Watch & discuss.

Made in the UK, originally aired on Channel 4.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:18:44 AM by Bad Dreamz »
Kirves - tuo yksinäisen miehen metallinen koira
- Kyösti Pöysti

http://www.myspace.com/painajainen

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle (documentary)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 03:55:06 AM »

Sorry to hijack your thread but I thought since you raise this issue you might like to listen to this interview also http://BreakForNews.com/audio/BeautifulTruth090221a.mp3

Bad Dreamz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 06:05:43 AM »
http://BreakForNews.com/audio/BeautifulTruth090221a.mp3

An interesting interview. Bob Carter is a familiar name, nice to hear more of him. Plus the whole brushfire-scenario that they discussed in the interview was completely new to me. Thanks for hooking that up. And about raising the issue, I personally feel it should be discussed, fundamentaly because I have a big problem with a couple of things: the use of fear and lies as means of control, and mass hysteria that makes people act like a buch of sheep.

But returning to Bob Carter, here's footage from one of his lectures:

1/4:
2/4:
3/4:
4/4:
- Kyösti Pöysti

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 06:18:25 AM »

Thanks for that, but it has another purpose to, more than that, beyond what you said, it is creating a new type of fundamentalism. I need only engage with people who fully support and who fully believe that the earth's temperature is shooting through the roof to illustrate that. Not only are they dismissive about any ideas outside of their paradigm, but often seem to go further and define you as the fundamentalist nut if you aren't prepared to do exactly what is "needed". There is a growing movement of enviornmentalism which was grass roots in it's origins but is clearly being steered to impose the will of the ruling establishment. I think the guy hit the nail on the head, this all seems to be so incredibly one sided because scientists and those in the sector are all too aware about where their funding comes from. This is exactly the same reason why there is very little outspoken comments and criticisms over GM crops which through this controlled environment then allows the media through satire, through drama series etc to portray people who question as the dangerous conspiracy nuts.

Bad Dreamz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 08:18:15 AM »
Good points, I agree.

I have thought about this, and I think it is parallel to, lets say, the post 9/11 flag orgy in the States. A very similar mindset. If you went and talked to people and expressed a thought that the official version needs investigation, not only were your opinions dismissed straight away, but you were labeled as a "conspiracy nut", a "terrorist" etc. Sheep mentality. Same thing in the media. A very one-sided affair, because every big outlet was pushing the official version and nothing else. And if you spoke publicly against the official version, you were practically lynched. And all this served the ruling establishment. Of course there are differences, major differences, between the climate hysteria and the 9/11 situation I just talked about, but they are very similar nonetheless. If you give an unorthodox opinion it's just as bad. Like the co-founder of Greenpeace said on the documentary, if you dont agree with the man-made warming "consensus", you are nothing short of a holocaust denier. And you are damn right, the most alarming part is that it's not just a bunch of idiots who paint their faces green, scratch SUV's with keys and think climate is a new religion, but the fact that there are very powerful people guiding this for their own agenda and using "saving the planet" as an excuse. And they have a lot of leverage, the funding plays a big part, like you said.

It's a good thing we have some conversation going on. Now I just hope other users will join in, watch the documentary and give their thoughts, otherwise it's just gonna end up as a chat between us two ;D

EDIT. typos
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 08:34:33 AM by Bad Dreamz »
- Kyösti Pöysti

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 11:14:30 AM »
I will check those vids out when I have some time...I'm at lunch right now but wanted to drop my 2 cents.

Our planet is def warming, but there is all kinds of stuff happening in our entire galaxy as we speak:

SUN: The Sun’s magnetic field is over 230 percent stronger now than it was at the beginning of the 1900s, and its overall energetic activity has sizably increased, creating a frenzy of activity that continues to embarrass NASA’s official predictions.

VENUS: Venus is now glowing in the dark, as is Jupiter’s moon Io.

EARTH: In the last 30 years, Earth’s icecaps have thinned out by as much as 40 percent. Quite inexplicably, just since 1997 the structure of the Earth has shifted from being slightly more egg-shaped, or elongated at the poles, to more pumpkin-shaped, or flattened at the poles. No one at NASA has even bothered to try to explain this yet. Link to full article at NASA.

MARS: The icecaps of Mars noticeably melted just within one year, causing 50-percent changes in surface features. Atmospheric density had risen by 200 percent above previous observations as of 1997.

JUPITER: Jupiter has become so highly energized that it is now surrounded by a visibly glowing donut tube of energy in the path of the moon Io. The size of Jupiter’s magnetic field has more than doubled since 1992.

SATURN: Saturn’s polar regions have been noticeably brightening, and its magnetic field strength increasing.

URANUS: According to NASA’s Voyager II space probe, Uranus and Neptune both appear to have had recent magnetic pole shifts – 60 degrees for Uranus and 50 for Neptune.

NEPTUNE: Neptune has become 40 percent brighter in infrared since 1996, and is fully 100-percent brighter in certain areas. Also, Neptune’s moon Triton has had a “very large percentage increase” in atmospheric pressure and temperature, comparable to a 22-degree Fahrenheit increase on Earth.

PLUTO: As of September 2002, Pluto has experienced a 300-percent increase in its atmospheric pressure in the last 14 years, while also becoming noticeably darker in color.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »

Hey my friend, you are definitely right, other planets are warming and as a result moons are melting but this all needs to be put into perspective, firstly the surface air temperature of the earth in the last century has increased by just under 1 degree which in itself isn't a bad thing, more sun leads to more vegetation being grown. Also I think there are misconceptions about the ice caps melting which is not helped by the images and footage shown on television of ice caps melting, it's as if they assume they expect everyone that watches it to be completely in awe and not question what they are showing. The fact is that like everything, ice caps melt in the summer and increase in the winter, interestingly though, on that point, I don't know whether you have checked out this article or not but http://www.dailytech.com/Sea+Ice+Ends+Year+at+Same+Level+as+1979/article13834.htm also....definitely check out that radio interview when you get time. 

Rugged Monk

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 06:05:34 PM »
Good documentary. Yes i'm probably one of those lunatics the documentary refers to who dosn't really mind how the politicians have taken some aspects of the science and hyped it because I'm a environmental utopian who likes conservation (most Australians do, go outside its lovely son) and I want renewable energy technology to develop because I like the idea of people being energy independent and being able to live on the earth without wasting it and fucking it up.

It seems that the Sun has more effect on the Earth's climate than people do, thats not to say human waste and pollution isn't a problem but they are problems we have the ability to address and have control over, whereas the Sun we have no control over, so thats part of why 'they' had to hype it. I can forgive these particular little white lies....Yes this has similarities with the 9/11 paradigm, although you have to admit it is not as such a bloody and heinous operation.

'They' are political opportunists, for instance after the massive bushfires here the papers were all asking people in polls whether they thought global warming helped cause the bushfires. All the young people said it 'definately had an impact', it was only the old people who said 'no Australia has always had bushfires its the way its always been'. Thats important because it means now that new generations will approach environmental conservation, animal conservation and environmental science with greater importance, also on a more morbid level it means people will be more accepting and understanding of natural disasters....

« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:36:05 PM by Ra's al Overfiend »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 10:21:51 PM »
Yeah our dramatic weather changes are completely congruent with all of the changes going on in our galaxy.  We are undergoing a pole shift - hell the shape of the earth has even changed.  It's more pumpkin like than orange like right now. 

I completely agree on conservation, I am constantly working on ways to reduce / reuse (need to step up my recycle game).  The term "Mother Earth" is very deep and by shitting on her, we're simultaneously shitting on ourselves. 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 10:31:13 PM »
Great doc by the way.  The level of propaganda and lies going on is disgusting.  These people are evil.

Rugged Monk

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 11:28:31 PM »

Concerning the hype about global warming; I don't think the point ever was that CO2 is responsible for the changes in global temperature and weather entirely itself alone, the point was that an un-natural excess build up of CO2 will add and exasperate the effects of the already naturally occuring cycle.