Author Topic: Shady/Aftermath's 50 Cent Coming in The Summer after Eminem's Aftermath LP  (Read 1528 times)

Matty

Re: Shady/Aftermath's 50 Cent Coming in The Summer after Eminem's Aftermath LP
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »
and rebel you were spot on with saying em would come out first all along. but its not 100% until somebody actually puts an album out. easier said than done when it comes to interscope :laugh:

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »
and rebel you were spot on with saying em would come out first all along. but its not 100% until somebody actually puts an album out. easier said than done when it comes to interscope :laugh:

Video just came out, 50 saying Em's going first cos Dre's finished mixing his album and its done, and Dre still has to mix 50s album

Matty

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 05:00:35 PM »
50 said his album was coming out in january too.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 05:12:05 PM »
That's just a lame exuse, my opinion in that he is confused why the singles aren't hitting that number 1 spot. It's quite simple actually; only time 50 drops a qulity single if he's being coached by Dre and Em (and they sell too, i.e. Crack A Bottle). He should release Burn Me as a single, something different from 50. I bet it would do better than Get Up and Get It In.

Matty

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 05:31:08 PM »
he should get some better beats off dre/dj khalil and put out a better single. that's the only answer for him really.

Matty

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 05:34:03 PM »
and that shit about dre coaching him or whatever hold some truth i think. did the vocals change from the first version of 'i get it in' to the finished one? reason why that track is so not catching on with anyone is cause the vocal content just dont mix with the instrumental.

dameons

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 06:57:12 PM »
Some more info here :

The video's coming in about two weeks: That's what Eminem's manager, Paul Rosenberg, said in a blog post that accompanies a photo from the much-anticipated video for the Eminem/ 50 Cent/ Dr. Dre tag-team effort "Crack a Bottle." The photo, posted Wednesday morning (February 25) on PaulRosenBlog.com, shows a horrifically dirty vagrant holding a bottle that's wrapped in a brown paper bag.

Rosenberg blogged that the video will be "ready for the world within a couple of weeks. The video is directed by Syndrome and it's going to be bananas."

Still unclear at press time is just who is the lead artist on the "three-headed monster" track; the label hasn't commented. 50 Cent told MTV News earlier this year that "Crack a Bottle" — which was reportedly intended to appear on either Dr. Dre's years-in-the-making Detox or Eminem's forthcoming Relapse — would be on his upcoming Before I Self Destruct. That album has been pushed back to a summer release.

In its first week on iTunes, "Crack a Bottle" sold close to 500,000 units. The posse cut also went to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

50, Eminem and Dr. Dre have all been hard at work on their albums in recent weeks. Although there has been no comment from the label, Dre tracks — in various stages of completion — have leaked, especially from his latest sessions with T.I. Tracks that feature Tip apparently referencing Dre have leaked onto the Internet before the Doc even had a chance to lay his vocals. "Crack a Bottle" also leaked in unfinished form, with Eminem calling for a Dre verse that hadn't yet been added.

Meanwhile 50 has been double dipping on the radio. Besides "Crack a Bottle," he also has the record "I Get It In" (featuring a beat Dre originally recorded for Eminem) out now.

dameons

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
Maybe the shooting of the video hints at a release from Eminem very soon. It could be the first single now since 50 said he doesn't know whose album will get that track. T hey wouldn't do a video if they weren't going capitalize off the buzz of the track. Late March release.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 08:01:42 PM »
Maybe the shooting of the video hints at a release from Eminem very soon. It could be the first single now since 50 said he doesn't know whose album will get that track. T hey wouldn't do a video if they weren't going capitalize off the buzz of the track. Late March release.

Sounds good, and the singles a smash already, this will only push that. Aftermath's back

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 08:05:09 PM »

Sounds good, and the singles a smash already, this will only push that. Aftermath's back

sounds amazing, but i would be a nice amount of money it comes out much later; but that would be the right way to think about it, if Aftermath cared! :-\

Matty

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 10:58:42 PM »
what are the chances they drop a video, line up another single, drop that, then wait ages until all the buzz has worn off to release the album? sounds like a classic interscope play to me.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 01:01:07 AM »
surprised 50 would want his album pushed back if its really as good as he's making it out to be.

real life translation = 50's album would be a flop as things stand, eminem would sell way more outta the blocks. unfortunately eminem isn't coming anytime soon either. summer time at the very earliest.

expect 50 to come late '09, if at all. detox 2010-2012 sometime, if at all and if the world economy is still in one piece.

'09 = the year of aftermath? the 3 headed monster? :laugh:
initially he wanted to drop it early 2008, so do the math.
his career is over

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 04:43:21 AM »
^he will still sell the same either way; i wonder if its because 50's album is just going to be average & Interscope doesnt want the people thinking Eminem's album will be a let down too, which could possibly hurt his sales; so they let him go first?

i dont know. :P

Nope.

Actually I heard that 50's album is dope.

i hope so, you know someone who heard pieces of it?

I know some people who work with Aftermath (including artists).

some dope shit, but are they giving real talk? cuz i mean i am sure people said at Aftermath when Encore & Curtis came out "yeah, my dudes droppin HEAT!".

Some of them do... I remember someone specifically telling me that ENCORE was weak before it came out.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 04:47:07 AM »
... and btw people... "Crack A Bottle" is a buzz track... a street single so to speak. And it wasn't planned to be but due to the early leak it turned out that way.

We still don't have a lead single to RELAPSE.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 04:50:45 AM »
what are the chances they drop a video, line up another single, drop that, then wait ages until all the buzz has worn off to release the album? sounds like a classic interscope play to me.

50% chance of that happening.

Also a 50% chance of a random Fergie/PCD feature to "target core consumers" lol.