Author Topic: Shady/Aftermath's 50 Cent Coming in The Summer after Eminem's Aftermath LP  (Read 1531 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Re: Shady/Aftermath's 50 Cent Coming in The Summer after Eminem's Aftermath LP
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 05:06:20 AM »
The current plan is Em in Spring, 50 in Summer, Dre in late Fall, Bishop early '10 and a "Up In Smoke Tour 2" throughout the summer of '10
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 05:32:08 AM by Rebel »

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 05:21:09 AM »
The current plan is Em in Spring, 50 in Summer, Dre in late Fall, Bishop early '10 and a "Up In Smoke Tour 2" throughout the summer of '10

Looks like Dre is shooting for a late-Nov release - 10 years since 2001 and all that.

Although it's still February, so you can add at least two months to each of those dates.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 07:22:20 AM »

Looks like Dre is shooting for a late-Nov release - 10 years since 2001 and all that.

Although it's still February, so you can add at least two months to each of those dates.
Detox and 50's album aren't coming this year, you can quote me on that

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 07:34:21 AM »

Quoted ;D

I reckon 50's will drop this year tho.

Matty

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 07:35:10 AM »
seems a bit far fetched to me. would be surprised if 2/3 of those albums dropped this year, shocked if they somehow managed to release 3/3.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 07:38:08 AM »
seems a bit far fetched to me. would be surprised if 2/3 of those albums dropped this year, shocked if they somehow managed to release 3/3.

Quoted ;D

I reckon 50's will drop this year tho.

but when?
50 doesn't have a lot of buzz right now.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 08:38:15 AM »
He can build buzz off the back of Eminem's album.

50's not one to wait around; this is his last album on Interscope. If he wants to release BISD on the back of the Detox hype, then Detox would have to come this year.

50 knows better than most people how imminent the Detox release is; if it's delayed into 2010 there's no way he'd wait that long.

All he needs is a Dre/Storch banger for the bitches in the summertime - add some lyrics which don't mean a lot and he's back on top lol.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 10:07:53 AM »
50 could've easilly dropped in December when Get Up was getting solid radio play and he had that MTV show and all. He would've went platinum in USA but the problem with him is that he wants to go like 3x plat, which also leads us to forced recycled singles. Because Kanye, Wayne and T.I. have surpassed him in the popularity and he has a hard time accepting that, when he's gonna be like Jay from now on, going 1x plat and thats it. He can probably still reach those numbers but in order to do that he needs to take a break, he oversaturated the market and in the last 2 years with crappy albums like Curtis and T.O.S.

PLANT

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »
50 could've easilly dropped in December when Get Up was getting solid radio play and he had that MTV show and all. He would've went platinum in USA but the problem with him is that he wants to go like 3x plat, which also leads us to forced recycled singles. Because Kanye, Wayne and T.I. have surpassed him in the popularity and he has a hard time accepting that, when he's gonna be like Jay from now on, going 1x plat and thats it. He can probably still reach those numbers but in order to do that he needs to take a break, he oversaturated the market and in the last 2 years with crappy albums like Curtis and T.O.S.
yea thats on point

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 11:43:04 AM »
^he will still sell the same either way; i wonder if its because 50's album is just going to be average & Interscope doesnt want the people thinking Eminem's album will be a let down too, which could possibly hurt his sales; so they let him go first?

i dont know. :P

Nope.

Actually I heard that 50's album is dope.

i hope so, you know someone who heard pieces of it?

I know some people who work with Aftermath (including artists).

ok shit talker... u know people in the industry and here u are on a forum all damn day eating cheezies and replying to  threads?

haha

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 02:10:44 PM »
He can build buzz off the back of Eminem's album.

50's not one to wait around; this is his last album on Interscope. If he wants to release BISD on the back of the Detox hype, then Detox would have to come this year.

50 knows better than most people how imminent the Detox release is; if it's delayed into 2010 there's no way he'd wait that long.

All he needs is a Dre/Storch banger for the bitches in the summertime - add some lyrics which don't mean a lot and he's back on top lol.
sure but isn't interscope pushing back the album  :P

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2009, 02:30:19 PM »
what are the chances they drop a video, line up another single, drop that, then wait ages until all the buzz has worn off to release the album? sounds like a classic interscope play to me.

Its Eminem, this is the biggest artist on Interscope, they've already got a number one single off of a simple buzz track, if this album doesnt come then Iovine has lost all business sense...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2009, 02:39:38 PM »
what are the chances they drop a video, line up another single, drop that, then wait ages until all the buzz has worn off to release the album? sounds like a classic interscope play to me.

Its Eminem, this is the biggest artist on Interscope, they've already got a number one single off of a simple buzz track, if this album doesnt come then Iovine has lost all business sense...

didnt Encore shoot well past platinum (correct me if i am wrong)? all Eminem needs to do is put out a solo track for the people & he should sell fairly nicely off the name alone & probably still fairly large fanbase he has.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2009, 02:45:45 PM »

didnt Encore shoot well past platinum (correct me if i am wrong)? all Eminem needs to do is put out a solo track for the people & he should sell fairly nicely off the name alone & probably still fairly large fanbase he has.
yeah, not to mention that he also has his biography book for sale

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2009, 02:48:51 PM »

yeah, not to mention that he also has his biography book for sale

i think he should have tried to line that up together for a little extra boost.

when you read a book about a rapper; you almost instantly want to just bump the guys music (if you liked the book that is) lol.

Slim will still do good on the charts, but i dont give a fuck how much he sells, i just want good music out of the man! 8)