which direction do you prefer?

east coast style like No One Can Do It Better
18 (38.3%)
a dark concept album like Helter Skelter
15 (31.9%)
other, like:
14 (29.8%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Poll: which direction would you want the D.O.C. to take for his 3rd solo album?  (Read 1563 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
as a response to:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=209762.0

ok i know that the D.O.C. had the golden voice on the first album, but i preferred the NWA style over the direction D.O.C. & Dre took with No One Can Do It Better.
hence i prefer Helter Skelter, as the voice was not a problem for me at all(it was just harder to figure out the lyrics); the concept was clever actually!  8)
a couple of people will probably disagree with me, as the album was clearly not meant for the mainstream  :laugh:

but that's the kind of direction i'd like to see on the next album, with updated production off course 8)
what about you? speak on it
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:27:50 AM by Dre-Day »

ICHI THE KILLER

im with u  DRE-DAY  ;D

Mygla

It pretty much depends on what gets done about his voice... If he don't get it fixed, I'd like to see a 2001/Chronic type album with LOTS of guest, guess that was what he intended to do with his "Vessels.." album. If he gets his voice back, I say no one can do it fucking better!

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
No Guest's.... Old School style.
*Except on a possible posse cut (NWA, Death Row, Or Ruthless Affiliates only)
(Take it Back to when Artists could carry an album alone & not rely on a compilation as a solo effort.)

Dr. Dre produced.
(No Johhny Come Latley's on the album)

P.S. Why is NOCDIB considered East Coast Style?
(That's the east coast publication's way of saying dude is good enough to be spittin')
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:48:02 AM by Hatesrats™ »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
im with u  DRE-DAY  ;D
8)

No Guest's.... Old School style.
*Except on a possible posse cut (NWA, Death Row, Or Ruthless Affiliates only)
(Take it Back to when Artists could carry an album alone & not rely on a compilation as a solo effort.)

Dr. Dre produced.
(No Johhny Come Latley's on the album)

P.S. Why is NOCDIB considered East Coast Style?
(That's the east coast publication's way of saying dude is good enough to be spittin')

D.O.C. said himself that his style was based on east coast rappers if i'm not mistaken.
plus the production sounds eastcoast-ish to me.

not to mention Dre's line: "picked up this cat from Dallas then we went back east"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
the raspy voice over the most grttiest sinister dr.dre production spittin' some real shit.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BIGWORM

LOL.... I would never consider it a "EAST COAST STYLE" I consider it THE D.O.C. style and thats what I would like to here because no one can truly do it better!

sofdark

As long as he gets his voice back and gets the stuff out , I'm fine

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
LOL.... I would never consider it a "EAST COAST STYLE" I consider it THE D.O.C. style and thats what I would like to here because no one can truly do it better!
well you know, i just gave his style a certain label, but you know it doesn't really matter what it's called right?
we all know that i'm referring to the style he used on his first album and that should be enough information to vote.

It pretty much depends on what gets done about his voice... If he don't get it fixed, I'd like to see a 2001/Chronic type album with LOTS of guest, guess that was what he intended to do with his "Vessels.." album. If he gets his voice back, I say no one can do it fucking better!
yeah, for the poll i kind of assumed he gets a proper voice in the future  ;)
otherwise i'm quite sure he would go for a compilation.

by the way, i noticed that 6 people voted for the "other" option.
to the non-guests, would you like to explain what else you want?

im with u  DRE-DAY  ;D
imagine Dre providing dark productions  :o

ICHI THE KILLER

im with u  DRE-DAY  ;D

actually i do with small but this wont take like 4 years that why we can scrapped that project already  ;)
there lots of talented beatmakers who can provide him that type of sound and maybe even better that DRE  :D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 04:52:33 AM by ICHI THE KILLER »

MediumL

if his voice is brought bak then id want only appearances from Cube, Dre, Ren, Snoop and possibly Dogg POund & RBX (as long as DOC does ghostwriting for all of them). Definitely no Game cause i think he'd OD on name dropping.

If his voice is still raspy then i'd like the original concept of him choosing rappers to do the verses hes written and get Dre to produce it all.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^
3rd? i thought theres already 3 out!

No One Can Do It Better '89
Helter Skelter '96
Deuce '03

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
3rd? i thought theres already 3 out!

No One Can Do It Better '89
Helter Skelter '96
Deuce '03
i know, but Deuce doesn't count:
-it's not a solo album but a compilation
-he put his name on there

now back to the topic  ;)

im with u  DRE-DAY  ;D

actually i do with small but this wont take like 4 years that why we can scrapped that project already  ;)
there lots of talented beatmakers who can provide him that type of sound and maybe even better that DRE  :D
lol, good point :laugh:
but Dre would probably never produce the whole thing from top to bottom you know ;)
they got a long history together though.
that's why i think no one can do it better than them  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you're right, Dre is not the only good producer out there.
the thing is, would the D.O.C. take your suggestion?
anyway, we can already cross out Erotic D  :-\

ICHI THE KILLER

He doesnt have to much choices IF he wasnt stuck with one album and wait for DRE doest matter really whole album or couple of songs this could be long delay so it leave as 2 options:
a) known producers - muggs(one of them) i think he is capable of making dark beats just suggestion
b)unknwon beatmakers - DOC will buy from them and give to some1 who will make them sound better

that me  ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 10:17:25 AM by ICHI THE KILLER »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
He doesnt have to much choices IF he wasnt stuck with one album and wait for DRE doest matter really whole album or couple of songs this could be long delay so it leave as 2 options:
a) known producers - muggs(one of them) i think he is capable of making dark beats just suggestion
b)unknwon beatmakers - DOC will buy from them and give to some1 who will make them sound better

that me  ;)
again, true  ;)

i think both options that you provided are cool, as long as it's not some cheap ass shit like Hittman got  :-\
speaking of DJ Muggs, i'm sure D~Nice would love that  ;D
he may enter the topic later  ;)