which direction do you prefer?

east coast style like No One Can Do It Better
18 (38.3%)
a dark concept album like Helter Skelter
15 (31.9%)
other, like:
14 (29.8%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Poll: which direction would you want the D.O.C. to take for his 3rd solo album?  (Read 1549 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I chose other.

If he uses the production-wise style on No One Can Do It Better and his flow on Helter Skelter he's got a dope album no sweat. Just hope he doesn't have song featuring Lil Wayne or have Akon sing the chorus. He's bound to at least feature 6-Two and others from his Silverback family.
that's cool  ;)

as far as the 'helter skelter flow' is concerned: well on some songs it's very similar to the "original" D.O.C. flow.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
I would not mind seeing a solo album with just DOC but even if he could get a couple tracks with some MCs he has not worked with and just go bar for bar lyrically would be insane. Like him and Snoop or Eminem would be sick. Or Rakim.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I would not mind seeing a solo album with just DOC but even if he could get a couple tracks with some MCs he has not worked with and just go bar for bar lyrically would be insane. Like him and Snoop or Eminem would be sick. Or Rakim.
yes, you finally entered the topic  ;D  ;)

anyway, yeah let's keep the features to a minimum.

The Predator

A lyrical treat like his 1st album and Dre throwing all sorts of up-tempo beats on it.

Grand Finale 2 with N.W.A is a must.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah I would love to see DOC make some guest appearances on other albums. Like if he could make Snoops next album or Eminems that would be crazy

Jimmy H.

Keep the guest spots light. Whole thing should be produced by Dre. Maybe one track with Cube & Snoop, one with Six-Two, and have Dre show up here and there.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Yeah I would love to see DOC make some guest appearances on other albums. Like if he could make Snoops next album or Eminems that would be crazy
before the release of the soloalbum you mean?
yeah that would increase the anticipation  :)

Eminem?
yes, you've read it right  ;)
it's not like they don't know each other.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Eminem?

Hell yeah a Em/DOC track would be dope as fuck IMO. My bad I am sure Relapse is done but maybe he could make the 2nd album.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

Eminem?

Hell yeah a Em/DOC track would be dope as fuck IMO. My bad I am sure Relapse is done but maybe he could make the 2nd album.

it would certainly be an interesting collaboration  :)
perhaps it would lead to some friendly competition as well.

as far as the track listing of Relapse is concerned; well the album seems to be done, but don't forget that it has been worked on for a while ;)
there's a lot of material.

anyway, we're both cool with whatever D.O.C.'s voice sounds like, but what about the DOC himself?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
what is it with all this em should work/be featured shit? I must be the only one that dont feel Jem jem binks.

lol, Chad, let's not go there  :laugh: at least not in this topic ;)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I cant lie,i was feeling the dark voice.....og voice was cool,but his synister voice is dope..could match either sound.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
No Guest's.... Old School style.
*Except on a possible posse cut (NWA, Death Row, Or Ruthless Affiliates only)
(Take it Back to when Artists could carry an album alone & not rely on a compilation as a solo effort.)

Dr. Dre produced.
(No Johhny Come Latley's on the album)

P.S. Why is NOCDIB considered East Coast Style?
(That's the east coast publication's way of saying dude is good enough to be spittin')
people who say that lp.was east coast,is crazy...that was a hiphop album.funked out like crazy(adverage white band,issac hayes,p-funk) was alll threw this album.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah I would love to see DOC make some guest appearances on other albums. Like if he could make Snoops next album
or
Eminems that would be crazy

you want to give me a heart attack or what?  :P :laugh:

Hey I have my reasons lol.

BeatMakers

• Lil Geezy
Would just be nice to just hear something new from DOC. I voted for a return to the old DOC.

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
the east coast style