Author Topic: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....  (Read 16530 times)

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
Re: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....
« Reply #330 on: February 28, 2009, 01:42:34 AM »
bump..old thread, interesting read with say hi to the bad guy on the horizon

RhyanG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #331 on: February 28, 2009, 02:41:38 AM »
Course. Bang on em, Raw Dawgs, Crook Show were recorded around early 1999 back when Daz was still at Death Row, same with Gd Up & Banged Out around late 99, that was one of the 1st tracks he did for the Untouchable album. He recorded 2 albums with Death Row, they were: 1999-2002 LP, which had input from Big Hutch, Daz, Darren Vegas, Jim Gettum, Treach, DJ Quik, J Valentine, Too Short, Tupac (the track Untouchable) and he did another LP "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" from 2002-2003 which had Scarface, Kurupt, Danny Boy, Jah Rule, Irv Gotti etc.

He walked away with the tracks he did for the first album. But Death Row have "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" locked in those vaults.

So the album FTP and DeathRowsFinest is selling isnt SHTTBG, its Untouchable? Que is Nino right?

warrior

• Lil Geezy

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #333 on: February 28, 2009, 07:56:13 AM »
Cool read, But they still sitting on this shit...lol
 :P (Danm! I forgot how annoying that DPGrecords.com tag was...)
THX for the nostolgia.
+1
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:59:25 AM by Hatesrats™ »

EFFeX

« Reply #334 on: February 28, 2009, 08:02:36 AM »
Course. Bang on em, Raw Dawgs, Crook Show were recorded around early 1999 back when Daz was still at Death Row, same with Gd Up & Banged Out around late 99, that was one of the 1st tracks he did for the Untouchable album. He recorded 2 albums with Death Row, they were: 1999-2002 LP, which had input from Big Hutch, Daz, Darren Vegas, Jim Gettum, Treach, DJ Quik, J Valentine, Too Short, Tupac (the track Untouchable) and he did another LP "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" from 2002-2003 which had Scarface, Kurupt, Danny Boy, Jah Rule, Irv Gotti etc.

He walked away with the tracks he did for the first album. But Death Row have "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" locked in those vaults.

So the album FTP and DeathRowsFinest is selling isnt SHTTBG, its Untouchable? Que is Nino right?

If it was "Untouchable" we'd have "Bang On Em", "Raw Dawgs", "Crook Show", "Jack 101" and "Middle Finger Music" on the tracklisting.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #335 on: February 28, 2009, 08:47:29 AM »

If it was "Untouchable" we'd have "Bang On Em", "Raw Dawgs", "Crook Show", "Jack 101" and "Middle Finger Music" on the tracklisting.

Exactly, but it isn't the final version of Say Hi To The Bad Guy. It's songs done around that era though.

EFFeX

« Reply #336 on: February 28, 2009, 08:51:20 AM »

Exactly, but it isn't the final version of Say Hi To The Bad Guy. It's songs done around that era though.

True, there's a lot of missing appearances.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #337 on: February 28, 2009, 08:53:22 AM »

True, there's a lot of missing appearances.

Kind of like Against The Grain. ;)

2euce 7even

« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2009, 08:57:03 AM »
if he´s that good why he keeps gettn dropped and not releasing his album?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #339 on: February 28, 2009, 08:57:55 AM »
if he´s that good why he keeps gettn dropped and not releasing his album?

He's never been dropped. He just never takes a deal.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2009, 10:22:05 AM »
It amazes me that in the digital era we live in, we have rappers who interact with the fans, but we still don't have these songs or atleast a tracklist.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »
So crooked I should be releasing his debut album  real soon right? Lmao
Bullets aint got no names