Author Topic: Bishop Lamont feat. Kobe - If You Don’t Know the Code (Produced by Dj Khalil)  (Read 2441 times)

AnybodyKilla

Good to see y'all fuck with the dope. :D

west dont come more dope then khalil beats+ kobe on the hook+ westcoast rappers like self scientific, bishop, crooked, xzibit, ...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
whoa so this is a track off the reformation?

50 on this too  8)
No Stoppin Carson was also from The Reformation ( supposedly), go figure  :laugh:

Suppose

Im still hopin maybe an updated version of No stoppin Carson makes the album, track is too good just to leave off something imo
you've hit the nail on the head.
just because a track is a leftover, doesn't necessarily mean that the quality is worse, as opposed to material that does make the cut.

The Reformation is supposed to be big, amazing etc.
but what if the final version isn't all that?

Kurupt1607

Khalil is fuckin' hot producer ! Can't wait to hear this song finished and in CD-Q  8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn this is different, on some outerspace shit for real
khalil is one of the most creative fuckin producers walkin this planet
but damn 50 on this haha well see....

haha
sittin on chrome
sittin on chrome
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 03:28:32 PM by enyce »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
fucking banger right here, love the beat

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TRG

Khalil>> Any producer right now.

Dope beat, and 50 would sound cool on this. Waitin on CDQ!

Matty

ok here's the lowdown. beat sounds pretty crazy, hard to tell if it that's crazy in a good or weird way until we get it in better quality. but its khalil 8)

onto bishop - absolutely terrible. i was a big fan of bishop before but the more i hear his new material the more i think he's going down completely the wrong road. he's a NICE mc, can rhyme and spit and flow with the best of 'em. i want to hear at least some of this spitting ability even on the more 'gangsta'/mainstream tracks.

on a lot of these newly leaking joints its a corny, commercial, talking style delivery. there's nothing original about it, 50 cent does it better too. bishop just sounds monotone. i think he should stick to the raw hip-hop flows and leave the corny shit for someone else. 'bitches on my dick' is an absolute banger, but the weakest part of the track - bishop's forced flows. if he's going to strike a balance on 'the reformation' then good, but on tracks like this he's just straight up poor.

best 'gangsta' sounding bishop track to date = donkey kong savage. why can't he flow like that on tracks like this some more.

makemoneymoney

• Lil Geezy
bishop has been getting shitter and shitter, khalil needs to stop wasting beats on this chump

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think it's pretty obvious what's going on. Bishop's plan A was to break out with a single that had substance and going by the mature, peace mentality when it came to beefs and whatnot. That for some reason didn't work when Grow Up fail to do anything significant (wheter it was Interscope that pulled the plug or not doesn't really matter at the end of the day). So he's on to plan B now, which involves some petty beefs (Game) and more gangsta tracks like this one.

I don't know if he's planning on pushing this track as a single ? Because I think that Grow Up would have a better chance of blowing up because it was something completley different than what you hear on the radio everyday (they really dropped the ball by not dropping a nice summertime video for it last year). This track sounds bananas though, I'll write my final verdict when I hear the full CDQ version with 50 but it's not as different as Grow Up. Could've been worst though, he could've dropped something like I Love My Bitch (which is probably plan C). If he does push this as a single it's quite surprising since it's obvious he won't drop in 09.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
^yeah i know i initially stated that Grow Up isn't really the type of song that could work as a 1st single, but i take that back.
i mean what do i know about numbers  :laugh: it was just an assumption.

anyway, Meho, i think it doesn't matter what single Bishop comes up with; even if one of his singles catches on, i doubt it would change the aftermath release schedule.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!

anyway, Meho, i think it doesn't matter what single Bishop comes up with; even if one of his singles catches on, i doubt it would change the aftermath release schedule.

Yeah that's what I was trying to say. It seems wierd that he released this song now, when it's clear that he won't drop in 09. He should've concentrated on his street albums instead.

Matty

what do this track and 'grow up' have in common? he isn't really spitting in either of them. in 'grow up' he's pretty much talking the lyrics and this one its some generic corny shit. not impressed with bishop considering that he knows full well how to rap and flow, even on commercial sounding tracks. so while 'grow up' had a nice sound and message it did nothing to showcase bishop's rapping abilities.

it's real hip-hop from real mcs that's making a comeback at the moment. bishop paid all his dues and dropped some raw shit and now he's into more familiar aftermath territory. completely the wrong direction imo.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

Yeah that's what I was trying to say. It seems wierd that he released this song now, when it's clear that he won't drop in 09. He should've concentrated on his street albums instead.
ah, my bad  ;)
yeah remember that line from Exclusive?
"The Reformation first, then Detox" or something like that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

as far as the street albums are concerned;i guess Bishop is like Snoop Dogg: he needs to fail first.

what do this track and 'grow up' have in common? he isn't really spitting in either of them. in 'grow up' he's pretty much talking the lyrics and this one its some generic corny shit. not impressed with bishop considering that he knows full well how to rap and flow, even on commercial sounding tracks. so while 'grow up' had a nice sound and message it did nothing to showcase bishop's rapping abilities.

it's real hip-hop from real mcs that's making a comeback at the moment. bishop paid all his dues and dropped some raw shit and now he's into more familiar aftermath territory. completely the wrong direction imo.
ok, but he didn't sound boring on it either, it was just good enough for me ;)

MediumL

i thouught gow up lyrics were dope. the first verse really got to me cause i know people that he described in the verse. I agree this track he is spitting kinda wack and that donkey kong savage should be his blueprint for rapping for the mainstream but nah Grow Up had dope lyrics even if it was a more talking delivery.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

IM SO HOOOOOOOD

• Lil Geezy
this sounds a lot like that 50 cent song,

any idea when the CDQ is coming?