Author Topic: Snoop Dogg joins Nation of Islam  (Read 2324 times)

West Coast Veteran

Re: Snoop Dogg joins Nation of Islam
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2009, 02:20:33 AM »
I just hope he can make a Death Certificate out of this.

Rugged Monk

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2009, 02:51:08 AM »
eye dont know why Blacks fuck with Christianity or Islam. Islam is not the orginals man religion...........they forced that shit on us........just like Christians did.

read malcolm x and you understand why black people join to islam
lol at telling me to read the auto of malcolm X. Black people we need our own shit period. eye know how arabs look down on Blacks. once again islam was forced on Blacks just like christianity and the rest. Arabs had they little slave trade of Blacks also.

WORD. Thats what I want to hear. People don't need constructs such as religion. They should just seek wisdom in all its forms. So study religion,science, mysticism, study it all. Let all knowledge be your religion and wisdom and understanding be your goal. Thats why I like alot of the 5% stuff. I'm thinking about taking it and altering it a little, making it a lil more universal and politically correct so that all peoples can get down with it a lil more easily....maybe i can start my  own cult in the Australian outback...get some shortys to come out there wit me...Muahahahahahaaaaa! Ahem. But seriously, word.

"we gotta decide...are we gonna go with the Islam...are we gonna go with the Israel...or are we gonna take the best out of both parts and just be us!?"

-Killah Priest.

Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.

-The Buddha.

2euce 7even

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2009, 11:40:17 AM »
so snoop joined "religion of peace" or just NOI?

Fraxxx

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2009, 07:47:09 AM »
It's one's own decision to believe in god, the great heavenly roller-coaster or whatever but saying that the bible and thora are written by man while the quoran comes from god seems a little ignorant to me.
You can find some wisdom in everything but to believe in a mysterious entity that created everything and offers us paradise if we obey the rules this "god" has given us seems questionable to me.
Logic and philosophy offer enough reason to behave according to certain morals which are often similar to those from different religions.
How about doing right because it's right, not because it's the order from a invisible super-power?
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Dusan123

• 'G'
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2009, 08:08:27 AM »
Firstly, Nation of Islam are NOT muslim, they want yall to think they are, but they're not, a lot people say they are masons, fuck the noi

just do your research on malcolm x and look up NAPOLEON FROM OUTLAWS islamic talks , then you will learn the difference between REAL muslims and the noi

big up all the real muslims (rappers include tray dee,immortal technique, flesh-n-bone, bizzy bone, freeway...) and fuck the noi. If snoop joins the noi, he is far from a muslim. Malcolm saw the truth and became a real muslim, and why did they kill him? u do the math
Yeah Napoleon came to my university and talked about his life story and Islam. It was pretty cool but I just wanted to see him.
I'm a ten, you're just a fuckin' zero! - B-Real

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2009, 04:18:12 PM »
It's one's own decision to believe in god, the great heavenly roller-coaster or whatever but saying that the bible and thora are written by man while the quoran comes from god seems a little ignorant to me.
i agree. there's no actual proof that the qua'ran was not written by man, so its not on any higher footing than the bible or torah in that aspect.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
It sounds to me like Snoop just said he's down with Farrakan and interested in what he had to say, I didn't see anything of him actually joining the Nation but who knows? Snoop tends to be all over the place. I never quite know where he stands on anything. I would be interested to see which direction his music would take as his previous work has consisted of tracks about partying, getting high, Crip-walkin', and pimping. I'm not saying it's not possible to move from that but if you're Snoop, where do you go? I can't imagine what a thought-provoking Snoop album would sound like. Even when he tries to do political-type stuff, he kind of sounds like average Joe speaking.

If he's taking a positive direction, that's cool, but Snoop as always struck me as kind of impulsive in his choices. He'll dedicate his energy to an idea for a short period of time but in the long run, he loses his interest.

Fraxxx

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2009, 01:21:20 AM »
i agree. there's no actual proof that the qua'ran was not written by man, so its not on any higher footing than the bible or torah in that aspect.

Excactly! This kind of arrogance is causing people from different religions to fight each other, because they think they are better than others. Although I'm not a believer, I have to recognize religion as a main factor on our planet and I think we were better off if all these christians, muslims, buddists, hindus, etc. would practise a bit of the humility their religions teach.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2009, 02:10:10 AM »
i guess that's what drugs can do to you

I'm expecting that the next Snoop album will be something like Death Certificate,Shock Of The Hour and RBX-Files then.  :D :D :D

interesting, didn't know RBX was a Muslim...

*dusts off the old RBX album*
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2009, 02:25:00 AM »
what a loser

mixing rap and religion is a wrong move

Hip-hop has been mixed with religion since it's inception.  The Zulu Nation is made up of Afrikka Bammbatta and Afrika Islam.  I suggest you watch some documentaries on hip-hop, so that you can better understand the culture and it's history.  The Lost Poets are all over the Art of Freestyle DVD, because they are regarded as some of the origional hip-hop artists from back in the day, in the bronx, dropping rhymes infront of crowds in the park.  They explain how rap began and how it has progressed through the ages.  Every one of it's members are Muslims. 

Another classic hip-hop documentary is about graffiti.  It is called Style Wars.  There's an interesting piece in it, where all the graffiti writers are chillin in the subway, just kickin it talkin about the art of graffiti when one of them breaks into a freestyle about Allah.  Most of it was 5% brand, but it's still an Islamic influence.

Then when you talk about the late 80's it was dominated by the righteous era.  Artists like Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, dominated that era with Islamic influences.  Then on into the early 90's you had Pete Rock and CL Smooth with the classic album for that era titled "MECCA AND THE SOUL BROTHER" and the hit song titled "Return of the Mecca".  Then artists like Ice Cube and MC Ren of NWA were very expressive about their Islam in their first few solo albums.  Ice Cube gives props to Farakhan and Elijah Muhammad in his Predator liner notes, and when he's talking about "Mama cooked a breakfast with no hog" at the beggining of his hit single "Today Was A Good Day" he's giving a veiled reference to his Islamic faith.

The list goes on forever of rappers mixing rap with Islam.  Listen to Rass Kass first album, "Nature of the Threat" is a classic song, and in it he explains the rise of Islam and it's climax with the Spanish Kalifah of the 14the century.  Also you have Nas referencing Islam in many of his songs, De La Soul, Q-Tip tip and Ali are Muslims from Tribe Called Quest and discuss it in many of their tracks.... yo, the list goes on forever.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2009, 02:35:17 AM »
i guess that's what drugs can do to you

I'm expecting that the next Snoop album will be something like Death Certificate,Shock Of The Hour and RBX-Files then.  :D :D :D

Imagine Dre and Em's expressions when Snoop shows up to record on Detox and drops 'Cave Bitch' style lyrics and Dr Khalid Abdul Muhammad sermons, lol.

Well... Dre still kept working with Cube even after Cube got into Islam

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2009, 02:54:27 AM »
that picture of snoop, is him in india, doing some bollywood film gig

i was born into islam.

snoop is getting ridiculous.  i almost dispise him as much as jay-z.  retire you fuckin hog and put some of the new guys on you bitch.
so what if you're born into islam. dont others have the right to embrace its teachings besides those who are born into muslim families?.... infact, as far as i know, islam promotes the converting of non-believers to islam. snoop has just as much right to be a muslim as you or anyone else does. religion is a personal thing, and you dont know snoop's reasons why he became a muslim. that's his perogative.

plus snoop didnt even convert to mainstream islam. he converted to "the nation of islam" which is a black empowerment religious organisation in america, which has its following based mainly from young black american converts, just like snoop.

and why the fukk should he retire?..... if there is still a demand for his music, and there's money to be made, then let him make his money.
and if you havnt noticed, snoop has been putting so many new rappers on, so what the fukk are you talking about?.... do i have to mention names?....

Co-sign.. dude was just being a hater.. he knows better than that.

Snoop has a right to believe in whatever he chooses, and dude has put on more rappers over the decades than anyone else I can think of.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:33:53 AM by Infinite African AND American West Coastin »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2009, 02:59:41 AM »
Hope Snoop finds the "real Islam" when he is really interessted... like malcom X

Many black people first join the NOI and later on convert to the "normal islam"

WORD!!!!

Naw man... you have to get passed labels.  You can't automatically assume someone is a good or bad Muslim just because of what label is attatched to them (Sunni, Shia, Sufi, NOI, Wahhabi, Tablighi, etc.)

Infact, really "Muslim" is just a label to begin with.  It doesn't make a person good, bad, or whatever.  Good and bad are subjective anyway, what's good for one person can be bad for another.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:35:43 AM by Infinite African AND American West Coastin »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2009, 03:24:37 AM »

Well, your right that there's no proof the Qu'ran was not written by man.  You know, it's kind of a semantic exercise.  Basically, a Muslim like myself can say that Muhammad was a man, inspired by God to write the Qu'ran.  Well, now, anybody can say they were inspired by God to do something.  So that's not such an extravagant claim.

Also, the advantage the Qu'ran has over the Bible is that it is currently in the language it was originally revealed in, Arabic, and also in it's original form as memorized by Muhammad's companions during his lifetime, whereas the Bible was finally finished and compiled some 200 years after Jesus death, by people other than Jesus. 

The Qur'an is in a distinct rhythm and flow so that it is easily memorized by people, this has protected it throughout the years.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2009, 02:22:32 PM »
big up all the real muslims (rappers include tray dee,immortal technique, flesh-n-bone, bizzy bone, freeway...) and fuck the noi. If snoop joins the noi, he is far from a muslim. Malcolm saw the truth and became a real muslim, and why did they kill him? u do the math
i'm not sure about flesh, but tray dee is definately in the nation of islam.

Flesh is definitely orthodox Islam and not Nation of Islam.  Because on his phone interview in the 2002 Bone album he says he's in prison practicing Al-Islam.  Followers of Imam W.D. Muhammad, after he took his followers away from NOI and into mainstream Islam, used AL-Islam, Al=meaning THE, partly to distinguish themselves from the NOI and also it's the same description used in the Qu'ran when Allah says something to the effect of, "I have made Al-Islam your religion".