Author Topic: Living Legend: The DOC Interview Part 2  (Read 1462 times)

Lunatic

Living Legend: The DOC Interview Part 2
« on: March 02, 2009, 12:24:53 PM »
Exactly a week ago today, we at Raptalk.Net dropped part one of two parts in our monumental DOC interview extravaganza! In that read, The DOC took us down memory lane discussing all three of his solo albums, NWA, the car accident, The Chronic, 2001, DoggyStyle and more! (all quite in-depth may I add)

Today, exactly one week later, we bring to you the second and final installment in this two part interview.

The interview starts off with many questions regarding the infamous "Detox" album, which is of course set to be the third and final album released by Dr. Dre. The DOC credits to working on this album as being the hardest thing he has ever done in the music business - quite a feat for a man who has been apart of such legendary and well-crafted projects!

Just how often is everyone in the studio working on Detox? How much of the album is done? is Dr. Dre finally eyeballing a release date? All these questions and more are asked and answered!

One of the recent so-called album leaks featured a track with R. Kelly! Was that track really set to appear on Detox? What is with the rumors of Dre working with T.I., Lil Wayne and Fergie? It is all addressed people!

The DOC is set to re-gain his voice and come back for one final album, nearly twenty years after he suffered a car accident and lost his voice!?! Doesn't such a claim sound like an impossible fairy tale that fans are just waiting to come true! Well recent shocking revelations have revealed that it really is possible and The DOC walks us through the process that until Raptalk.Net dropped it on this interview, was mere rumors! Get all the details surrounding it!

Enjoy...

Read Full interview Here: http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1371/54/
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Paul

Re: Living Legend: The DOC Interview Part 2
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 12:34:08 PM »
Brilliant once again mate, gonna sit down and read this now 8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Jangalang

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 12:57:36 PM »
sounds like he was ready to get off in yo ass, for askiing about Dre's son....lol

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 01:23:37 PM »
Paul: Thanks! drop feedback
TRS: LOL! I was waiting for the first comment from that section. It looks worse than it was. I apologized after the interview and we had a good talk about it. Since then, I've had 3-5 phone convos with The Doc, everything is ok. Will be working more in the future.

Paul

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 01:31:24 PM »
Good read as usual, seems no1 is givin much away bout detox,

He says it will but really cant see it comin out this year especially him sayin its only 70% done

Good to know Em's album is done, and good news bout Slim The Mobsta maybe gonna hav an album on Aftermath
funkyfreshintheflesh

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 01:34:53 PM »
TRS: LOL! I was waiting for the first comment from that section. It looks worse than it was. I apologized after the interview and we had a good talk about it. Since then, I've had 3-5 phone convos with The Doc, everything is ok. Will be working more in the future.

lmao.... that must have been an awkward moment on the phone.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 01:41:51 PM »

lmao..it was alright..The DOC is mad cool and understanding. When he said "im fuckin mad u asked that" my honest initial reaction (to myself of course) was "oh shit, you fucked up!" lol but we talked it out, we good!

the ghost

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 01:58:37 PM »
Thanks for the interview.  Can't wait to hear some DOC tracks with Dre production:)  I hope all goes well during the surgery.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 02:08:50 PM »
Great interview Luna.  8) Let's hope you get some more exclusives on the way.  ;)

Okka

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 02:15:20 PM »
Great, i'll check this out.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 02:36:51 PM »

lmao..it was alright..The DOC is mad cool and understanding. When he said "im fuckin mad u asked that" my honest initial reaction (to myself of course) was "oh shit, you fucked up!" lol but we talked it out, we good!

it happens... props for leaving it in the interview....
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 02:43:48 PM »

it happens... props for leaving it in the interview....
no doubt..i run it raw and uncut, nothing gets cut..the question got the answer it needed to get; that's what the doc told me himself.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 03:01:15 PM »
nice work! 8)

the voice thing could be inspiration for a song ;)
one day DOC wakes up and finds out that he has lost his voice.
so he goes helter skelter.

then, at the end, Dr.Dre (wearing a doctor suit) wakes him.
Doc realises it was just a bad dream  ;)

anyway, good luck to DOC  :)
it's nice to see him so excited about the operation  8)

i'm really curious what the other interviewer has coming up next (Erotic D, helter skelter, beyond 2000?) 8)

and good news bout Slim The Mobsta maybe gonna hav an album on Aftermath
no disrespect to DOC, but what the fuck is he thinking :P
Slim is not that talented and in compared to DOC, he's a joke  :-\

besides, we don't know whether aftermath still exists by the time it's supposed to be slim's turn ;)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 03:05:42 PM by Dre-Day »

Chad Vader

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 03:19:16 PM »
The DOC:
Slim Tha Mobster is a young protégé that is coming out on Aftermath soon.
This young guy is so full of energy; he reminds me so much of me when I was a young guy. His skills set and his rhythms are right out of the golden age.
His flow is so old school, it’s just lovely to listen to.
Raptalk.Net:
We can’t wait to see what Slim Tha Mobster brings to the table. How much of the album is done at this time?

The DOC:
I’d estimate that we’re about 70% ready to go.
Raptalk.Net:
Is Dr. Dre eyeballing a release date at all?

The DOC:
It’s my understanding that he’d like to be out this year. That’s the best I can tell you.

= another album for the vault  :P

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 03:25:28 PM »
Great interview! Once again.