Author Topic: DUBCNN: Death Row's Greatest Albums We Never Heard  (Read 2476 times)

Suga Foot

Re: DUBCNN: Death Row's Greatest Albums We Never Heard
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 02:13:02 PM »
Fixed.  I caught that yesterday too when I was proof reading, I guess I forgot to change it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 02:23:03 PM »
Fixed.  I caught that yesterday too when I was proof reading, I guess I forgot to change it.
good  :)

Greatest Albums? Snoop was lazy as fuck back in those days & didn't Dre have some problems coming up with songs? Helter Skelter is propably only one of those that could've been great, others would've propably been average.
where did you get that from?

Mista Rosa

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 10:37:54 AM »
well death row unreleased shit is still a good topic but sorry i ain't learn somethin' new this time.. about murder was the case soundtrack it was a real dope lp but i'm really not sure that having more snoop songs would have made this album better it was a really good idea to let tha dogg pound quik and nate dogg do solo trackx."One more day" is one of the doppest song of the g-funk era and one of nate dogg best performance...
About the unreleasesd material what's up with snoop dogg's " over the counter " album? is that a myth? few tracks are on the net but neva the all tape.. i relly would like to know cuz the tracklist looks amazing.. that be good somebody ask snoop....
peace
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

the ghost

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 03:44:04 PM »
Good Read.  I only wish Lady of Rage could have dropped an album at that time.  She was so dope.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 05:01:51 PM »
well death row unreleased shit is still a good topic but sorry i ain't learn somethin' new this time.. about murder was the case soundtrack it was a real dope lp but i'm really not sure that having more snoop songs would have made this album better it was a really good idea to let tha dogg pound quik and nate dogg do solo trackx."One more day" is one of the doppest song of the g-funk era and one of nate dogg best performance...
About the unreleasesd material what's up with snoop dogg's " over the counter " album? is that a myth? few tracks are on the net but neva the all tape.. i relly would like to know cuz the tracklist looks amazing.. that be good somebody ask snoop....
peace
I'm pretty sure that shit was fake. The way the myth was presented was that someone had a tape of it like the album was finished and ready to go. It's hard to buy that there was some mystery Snoop album that was already at that stage when the buzz for Deep Cover was just barely starting. More so, I've never heard anyone with any real credibility mention it at all. Only story I heard was from some guy on the Internet who supposedly had one that he bought at a store in 1991 but the tape itself was stolen and all he had left was the cover. If there was an actual source to confirm it, it would be one thing.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 03:52:40 AM »
so is scarfaces "game over" supposd to be used for helter skelter?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2009, 04:35:44 AM »
Props for a good read.

kemizt

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2009, 07:18:20 AM »
Keep your comments coming!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Suga Foot

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2009, 07:56:46 AM »
so is scarfaces "game over" supposd to be used for helter skelter?

Apparently yeah. 

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 08:07:10 AM »
peace
I'm pretty sure that shit was fake. The way the myth was presented was that someone had a tape of it like the album was finished and ready to go. It's hard to buy that there was some mystery Snoop album that was already at that stage when the buzz for Deep Cover was just barely starting. More so, I've never heard anyone with any real credibility mention it at all. Only story I heard was from some guy on the Internet who supposedly had one that he bought at a store in 1991 but the tape itself was stolen and all he had left was the cover. If there was an actual source to confirm it, it would be one thing.
pretty sure your right..

RapClips

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2009, 08:35:43 AM »
Yeah DOC lost his voice b4 100 Miles and Runnin.

I also have a HUGE POSTER of that Heltah Sketah pic you are talking about 4 that album (Dre and Ice Cube).

Mietek23

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2009, 09:03:56 AM »
Propz for this article - Shame that some of these projects were never finished, spacially "Eargasm" - that would be a fuckin' MASTERPIECE 8)!

dameons

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »
Damn shame.

wcsoldier

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 11:10:09 AM »
In my opinion , the following three westcoast albums could have been historic and classics , regardless the era :

-  Cube/Dre album

- NWA reunion album

- The Wash OST being a Snoop/Dre album (I cannot believe how these morons  are going to retire without a collabo album... wont happen in the future and anyways it would be way too late)

Others are not major  misses

Quadruple OG

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 03:54:25 PM »
in addition to Swoop G, other artists were supposed to be on MWTC but did not make it, including Michel'le, 2pac, Lil' Bow Wow, and OFTB (they were supposed to be on all copies, not just cassette only)