Author Topic: The Official Assassin Thread  (Read 593 times)

2euce 7even

The Official Assassin Thread
« on: March 06, 2009, 05:51:32 AM »
As I See We Have No Assassin Thread Here.He Deserves One IMO.
When I´m At Home I Wil Upload "Hitworks Volume 1".
Drop Your Thoughts, Songs, Interviews (?),etc. By Assassin aka Po Nitty

Benz

Re: The Official Assassin Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 07:33:00 AM »
his early compilations were pretty good, but the guy really lost it post-2000.  i always find it confusing as hell how a producer can make a beat from the ground up yet has no idea how to mix vocals in on-bar.  half of the mixes on assassin's 2pac mixtapes are off-bar and just noobish sounding.  i guess when someone isn't alive to drop the vocals on the correct bar assassin should enlist the help of any random ass youtube remixer who seems to know his trade better than he.

it's a backhanded compliment, but as good as hitworks 1 was (probably his best release) there was a funny story associated with it.  maybe someone can use the internet archive to verify this, but hitworks studios had a page up in 99-2000-ish selling a few hundred copies of assassin's hitworks compilation for a penny each because "despite many phone calls he wouldn't come in to pick up these useless cds" or something to that effect.  until then the cd was somewhat rare, but afterward it was on ebay daily.

2euce 7even

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 04:05:28 AM »
chad where you at?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 07:10:58 AM »
assassin aka Craig nitty is the man

wonder what hes up to now tho
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 07:12:09 AM »
his early compilations were pretty good, but the guy really lost it post-2000.  i always find it confusing as hell how a producer can make a beat from the ground up yet has no idea how to mix vocals in on-bar.  half of the mixes on assassin's 2pac mixtapes are off-bar and just noobish sounding.  i guess when someone isn't alive to drop the vocals on the correct bar assassin should enlist the help of any random ass youtube remixer who seems to know his trade better than he.

it's a backhanded compliment, but as good as hitworks 1 was (probably his best release) there was a funny story associated with it.  maybe someone can use the internet archive to verify this, but hitworks studios had a page up in 99-2000-ish selling a few hundred copies of assassin's hitworks compilation for a penny each because "despite many phone calls he wouldn't come in to pick up these useless cds" or something to that effect.  until then the cd was somewhat rare, but afterward it was on ebay daily.

Dante?

hitworks was findable before that 1 cent website
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

dj smeeze

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • inDAstreets BAYMAAC - ORIGINAL D/A RIDA
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 08:34:44 AM »
Assasin is cool peoples!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WJ9LVfNXDj0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WJ9LVfNXDj0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LTUQDASKZZA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LTUQDASKZZA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 09:21:07 AM »
armed n dangerous
hitworks
BORN AND RAiSED IN THE BAY
city of dope

classicks

2euce 7even

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 11:05:07 AM »
i got "Hitworks volume 1" and i love it.
got it @ some 2nd hand shop in germany (its a miracle, trust me, 80% people here dont know shit about rap.)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 01:05:23 PM »
i got "Hitworks volume 1" and i love it.
got it @ some 2nd hand shop in germany (its a miracle, trust me, 80% people here dont know shit about rap.)

i got all his albums prioir toii 2001   and a few since them that assassin sent toii me

he alsoii sent a coimic oif his (assassin comics lol yep)

soiirry 4 keyboiaird erroiris with the i's

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 07:30:01 PM »
anyone have a link to Worldwide Game?

mines scratched

theres this one track on there, its Cougnut D-mac Assassin and a female rapper, its so gangsta

Cougnut raps first

2euce 7even

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 08:07:21 AM »
anyone have a link to Worldwide Game?

mines scratched

theres this one track on there, its Cougnut D-mac Assassin and a female rapper, its so gangsta

Cougnut raps first

you mean "faces of death"?
there were too many gangsta´d out tracks ;)

sry i dont have a link.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 01:27:30 PM »
FACES OF DEATH

yes

2euce 7even

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 03:14:09 AM »

what assassin was givin his work away for 1 cent?wtf?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 07:56:39 AM »
not him

a website that had beef w/ him

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 07:56:51 AM »
assasssin's a nice guy but not nice enoughi to do 1 cent iCD's