Author Topic: Fantasy Baseball Team  (Read 70 times)

Youngster323

Fantasy Baseball Team
« on: February 28, 2002, 09:32:56 AM »
well i signed up for a fantasy baseball team on Yahoo tell me what you think of my team

heres my Fantasy Baseball Team

C Javy Lopez
1B Eric Karros
2B Alfonzo Sorriano
3B Jeff Cirrilo
SS Placido Polanko
OfShawn Green
OF Mike Cameron
OF Trot Nixon    Util. Richie Sexson

BENCH PLAYERS- Raul Mondesi, Jim Thome, Miguel Tejada, Tony Womack, Jay Bell

PITCHERS
SP- Roger Clemens
SP- Kazuhisa Ishii
RP- Trevor Hoffman
RP- Luke Prokopec
P-Randy Wolf
P-Woody Williams
P-Omar Daal
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

NoT

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Lonely one...
Re: Fantasy Baseball Team
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2002, 10:54:45 AM »
It's good but put Mondesi in instead of Trot Nixon. He's going to have a huge year (after an "off" one last year) batting in a much improved Jays lineup. Also, keep an eye on Jays' rookie 3B Eric Hinske. Oakland didn't want to part with him for Billy Koch! This guy's got all the tools... he can hit for power and for average, run the bases, field, and he has a rocket arm. I think he could be an upgrade over Jay Bell for you (and he WILL start at 3B for the Jays). He has the potential to have a line like: .300AVG, 25HR, 85-90RBI, 20-25SB in his rookie season... with a lot of upside after that. He's difinitely a front-runner for rookie-of the year...

(and on a side note)
... along with three other Jays (SS Felipe Lopex: only 40GP last season in the bigs; OF Vernon Wells: 30GP, .313 average, can hit for power and run bases too; and C Josh Phelps: 31HR in 486AB in AA Tenesee although he might platoon with veteran Darrin Fletcher). No question, the Jays will be a serious threat to the Yankees in the AL East within three seasons (they've got some great young pitching too).
Nick of Time
SADISTIC MISFITS

Yo, ya 14-carat gold slum computer wizard ~
Tappin' inside my rap page causes blizzards ~
- Ghostface Killah

Youngster323

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2002, 11:31:49 AM »
yea imma put in mondesi, i got offerned Biggio for Nixon. Pretty good huh

NoT

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Lonely one...
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2002, 02:25:36 PM »
yea imma put in mondesi, i got offerned Biggio for Nixon. Pretty good huh

Yeah, I would normally say jump on that shit right away but you need the depth in the outfield. As it is right now you've only got one bench outfielder. Remember that in Yahoo! leagues you can switch which players are starting around every day so it's good to have even depth at every position. I'd almost be tempted to make the trade and drop Jay Bell in favour of the best free agent OF available in your league. Then, keep an eye on Hinske to see if he's this year's Albert Pujols (and I think there's a chance he could be).
Nick of Time
SADISTIC MISFITS

Yo, ya 14-carat gold slum computer wizard ~
Tappin' inside my rap page causes blizzards ~
- Ghostface Killah