Author Topic: Crooked I Say Hi Album.....Digital Download?  (Read 3499 times)

EFFeX

Re: Crooked I Say Hi Album.....Digital Download?
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2009, 11:03:21 AM »
No doubt, I understand everyone's position I really do, I'm not blind to other discussion. I'm open to hearing all angles of it, but I just wanted to put out my official stance on it before someone else hits me up telling me I was part of the problem. I wanted the music. Believe that.

JohnnyL

« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2009, 11:15:38 AM »
No doubt.  With all these multiple threads and multiple pages of threads on multiple forums all discussing this over the last few weeks, you'd think someone would see the demand for it and think seriously about releasing it.  While I understand that there can't be a lot of copies of this floating around, I doubt that Los Skanless, Deathrow's Finest, ank Kay have the only copies.

EFFeX

« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2009, 11:29:55 AM »
No doubt.  With all these multiple threads and multiple pages of threads on multiple forums all discussing this over the last few weeks, you'd think someone would see the demand for it and think seriously about releasing it.  While I understand that there can't be a lot of copies of this floating around, I doubt that Los Skanless, Deathrow's Finest, ank Kay have the only copies.

I just hope that if someone else is selling it, they have more of LSN's tracklist than the FTP one. With the addition of the Scarface and Jada joints. Cause if the only version that leaked was the FTP that woulda sucked.

JohnnyL

« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2009, 11:44:17 AM »
 Yeah I would've taken it over nothing because it still had a few of the actual tracks on it like "Me and My Dog," and "Suge's West Coast," but Los Skanless' version was clearly the better one.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2009, 11:46:18 AM »
I'm sure a handfull of people have the album but they're all bitches. Especially those FTP fuckers. These niggas would rather sell Petey Pablo and Tha Realsest albums than Crooked I? And they said they had it for 7 years. Do these idiots realize that if they would've started selling it back in 2004 they would've made ridiculous green off this forum alone? Like I keep saying - these niggas would rather have their asses kissed than to make money.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

JohnnyL

« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2009, 11:51:45 AM »
I'm sure a handfull of people have the album but they're all bitches. Especially those FTP fuckers. These niggas would rather sell Petey Pablo and Tha Realsest albums than Crooked I? And they said they had it for 7 years. Do these idiots realize that if they would've started selling it back in 2004 they would've made ridiculous green off this forum alone? Like I keep saying - these niggas would rather have their asses kissed than to make money.

Well, that's the reason they're talking about selling "Deathrow Dayz" volume 3.  Even they don't give a shit about that crap.  They'll keep releasing that stuff but they're going to hold onto the Crooked I material like it's their balls.  It's a bunch of flakey bullshit.  If they were going to cancel it for lack of orders, that's one thing.  But they obviously just cancelled it because Los cancelled his.  They knew they could hold onto their net fame and jerk off to the third verse of "Dollaz In My Hand" for a little longer.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2009, 11:58:27 AM »

Back then, they were still doing the DR site. Lol.

Shonuff

• 'G'
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2009, 12:12:05 PM »
someone can make cake selling the digital album for 9.99 on itunes were talking bout multi millions of people all over the WORLD that may want the project

like i said these dudes was advertising to a small crowd based on numbers whoever has the album is not that business minded.

you can easily sell 100,000 digital downloads with NO problem that $90,000 off 1 song downloaded 100k times

the proof is in the numbers

men lie....women lie...numbers DONT

so once again if you got the crook cd might as well make a few $s off it HOLLA AT ME

Jimmy H.

« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2009, 03:09:05 PM »

I mean we have dozens of cds IN STORES worldwide (Stores like best buy, target, fye, virgin music stores and more) Albums from Cyssero, Omillio Sparks, Roscoe and the Armory Gang.  If the one nation album does well digitally im sure they will press it up and put it in stores as well.The reason every release AINT in stores well.... it costs money for shelf space, retail co-op marketing its not as easy as sending a box of cds and saying "Put this on the floor"
So you can get retail space for Omillio Sparks and Cyssero but you need to check the digital numbers for a One Nation album (featuring Tupac Shakur) before you go retail with it? Dog, look at this from an outside perspective. You can find shelf space for those projects but an album like "One Nation" that is established as being a Tupac Shakur project that he was working on, you have to hold out and wait? And this shouldn't sound questionable to someone? You have lost albums from Pac and long-awaited Death Row albums and DVD's that never got released in stores yet you're renting shelf space for other stuff that would require a lot more actual promotion to push?

I emailed Losskan a few times we went back and forthe he wanted me to pay 1300 for the cd and buy it from him i wasnt interested, If im gonna cover the cost to press and promote the album in mot gonna pay 1300 on top of that... thats just asinine. Ive emailed FTP they never responded back.

People dont understand theres a huge genre outside of this board, japan, cali, florida, australia, all over the world where people have no clue what dubcnn is..... its the reality of it. These guys are selling in they "backyards" on here.... They put it on itunes and instores opens the sales floor to the entire world

some people just hustle backwards
  You're not gonna pay 1300 for a project that is potentially worth millions? What? Sorry but I don't buy it. It sounds like you're saying two different things. You're selling folks on this idea that you could make millions but you don't want to invest less than a grand and a half to get it? If anything, you'd be recouping that expense right off the bat before you even started giving them their cut so to me, that's asinine.

someone can make cake selling the digital album for 9.99 on itunes were talking bout multi millions of people all over the WORLD that may want the project

like i said these dudes was advertising to a small crowd based on numbers whoever has the album is not that business minded.

you can easily sell 100,000 digital downloads with NO problem that $90,000 off 1 song downloaded 100k times

the proof is in the numbers

men lie....women lie...numbers DONT

so once again if you got the crook cd might as well make a few $s off it HOLLA AT ME

But the so-called "numbers" that are your proof are hypothetical ones. If there is any real potential for you to sell this worldwide and make that kind of money, giving someone $1,300 for the project should be a no-brainer. Unless there is risk of someone closing your operation down. Of all the material you have, it seems like the stuff that you might not legally own (One Nation, Inside Deathrow, etc.) dissapears or is "discontinued by the distributor" before it is even given an actual release. You can throw any hypothetical number at someone and say, "If I get it, I can sell thirty thousand for X amount of dollars and make this" but where is the evidence that supports this? Like you said, people lie so why should we believe you if you don't have "numbers" that are supported by someone other than you? Any person can sell someone a dream. If you have proof, the forum will look at it and make up their mind but I can simply do a quick google search and I can find about a hundred people who will complain about you scamming them and only maybe a handful who will say otherwise so the numbers don't necessarily support you.

Shonuff

• 'G'
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2009, 04:45:42 PM »
please dont speak on a business you know nothing about, we released those projects (cyssero, sparks, armory gang and do on) because we worked directly with those artists to put those projects out, you talk a good game but you dont have a clue how the music business works and what it takes to put a release on a store shelf. Noone said the crooked I cd was destined to make millions, hell if it was guarenteed to mke me 50k id invest the 1300, i was saying if dudes released it in the store or via itunes it was exposing the release to millions of POTENTIAL sales. trust me im not scared to do anything nothing I DO will ever jeopardize my business. I explained why the one release was marked "discontinued" yet you wanna argue the fact. it sounds more like your wanting to argue then see the facts almost like your wanna dantes butt buddies incognito. My word has always been good no matter where im at (on or off line) you wont find "Dozens" of people i scammed know why because they dont exsist.... alls your find is internet dweebs lying and making up stories trying to discredit my name,,,,, what you WILL find, like you said yourself, are people vouching for me

you can look and see what ive done, cds ive released, hell you see the one nation album jumping on every single hiphop website, vibe magazine put the new on THEIR site... i proved what I can do i make moves and make money plain and simple

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2009, 04:49:25 PM »
^^
shonuff/shortyo ,....

stop selling 2pac bootleggs you fat bushpig
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 04:58:17 PM by ironmike »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2009, 05:41:23 PM »
please dont speak on a business you know nothing about, we released those projects (cyssero, sparks, armory gang and do on) because we worked directly with those artists to put those projects out, you talk a good game but you dont have a clue how the music business works and what it takes to put a release on a store shelf. Noone said the crooked I cd was destined to make millions, hell if it was guarenteed to mke me 50k id invest the 1300, i was saying if dudes released it in the store or via itunes it was exposing the release to millions of POTENTIAL sales. trust me im not scared to do anything nothing I DO will ever jeopardize my business. I explained why the one release was marked "discontinued" yet you wanna argue the fact. it sounds more like your wanting to argue then see the facts almost like your wanna dantes butt buddies incognito. My word has always been good no matter where im at (on or off line) you wont find "Dozens" of people i scammed know why because they dont exsist.... alls your find is internet dweebs lying and making up stories trying to discredit my name,,,,, what you WILL find, like you said yourself, are people vouching for me

you can look and see what ive done, cds ive released, hell you see the one nation album jumping on every single hiphop website, vibe magazine put the new on THEIR site... i proved what I can do i make moves and make money plain and simple
Actually, I'm not working for anyone. I'm not accussing you of anything. I'm asking you some questions on some questionable things and you're starting to get real defensive, instead of just answering the questions. If anything I'm playing devil's advocate and allowing you to give your side of the story. You're the one who is turning around and trying to make it seem like someone is out to destroy you and there is this great conspiracy against you. It's far from it.

If anyone were to come on here, whether it be FTP, GMG, or whoever and they were making the same claims, I would expect them to explain themselves. It's not an attack. It's simple curiousity. And I can't look at what you've done or see the CD's you've released, I can read what you have to say but why is your word more valid than other people's? You have a complete objectivity issue. You make comments about how people can tell lies but numbers can't then when someone asks you to show them the numbers, you treat them like they are being an asshole. Nobody is saying that a Crooked I project is guaranteed to make millions but if you the capability to release a pressed "Say Hi To The Bad Guy" album LEGALLY in stores then paying $1,300 for it is a "fucking steal" even with the additional money you invest in materials and promotion. The only way it wouldn't be worth that money is if you're a bootlegger looking to sell as much of it as possible before the legal owner gets wise to you and shuts you down.

I am presenting the information as I see it. I have never seen one of your projects in any store. I am not in any way saying that that means that you don't have product in stores. I'm simply saying that I buy CD's quite a bit. I go into your Best Buy's, FYE's, and a lot of the Mom & Pop record stores on a weekly basis. I have seen your stuff offered on online stores, which in most cases that means while the retail store doesn't carry the product, they can "special order" it from a distributor. 

I'm not claiming to be a know-it-all in the music business but I'm also not an idiot. I'm not talking down to you so don't talk down to me. I haven't insulted you. I've seen information, some posted by people who don't like you and others posted directly by you, and I've simply asked you to explain it. If I'm lacking the correct information then by all means, correct me! I know there is a huge difference between putting albums that you've released (i.e. Cyserro) and stuff you've obtained (i.e. One Nation) in stores. The Crooked I project would most likely fall in the latter category.

My word has always been good no matter where im at (on or off line) you wont find "Dozens" of people i scammed know why because they dont exsist.... alls your find is internet dweebs lying and making up stories trying to discredit my name,,,,, what you WILL find, like you said yourself, are people vouching for me

So I should believe the people who say good things about you but not the people who say bad? Why? If everyone is capable of being a liar, why do the handful of people who say they ordered from you get a pass but the larger number of people who say negative things don't? Outside of it serving your purpose, how is this reasonable? I'm not saying the majority opinion is the correct one but I fail to see how your argument makes any sense at all.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2009, 05:59:13 PM »
damn jimmy, you gotts to be a defense lawyer one day.
you'd bring in mad stacks, fuck defendin a crooked I release (for free)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Haze Zeus13

• 'G'
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2009, 06:11:19 PM »
haha jimmyh breaking it down

Jimmy H.

« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2009, 06:42:17 PM »
It's just something seems out of wack here. The guy makes all this money and has all these outlets to sell but he wouldn't pay $1300 for the Crooked I Death Row stuff when he's claiming that he knows a way he can get it in stores legally? It just doesn't add up. Even if you were selling pressed copies exclusively from your website, you'd make that $1300 plus manufacturing expenses back before you were done pressing the things. I'm not calling the dude anything. If anything, he the one who wants to discredit me because I'm asking a questions he don't want to answer. If I'm wrong, fine, I'll be the first man to admit it. I'd buy that Petey Pablo or Danny Boy or whoever if it was pressed up and sitting on the shelf at my nearest Best Buy but I've never seen it. If he's selling authentic "bootlegs" and people buy them and are happy with their purchase, he ain't hurting anyone in my book. More power to him but he'll start talking all this extra stuff that seems suspicious and when someone asks about it, he starts acting funny. My thing is he's basically saying "If anyone buys the Crooked I Death Row album, I will put it out for you and we'll make some money". This all sounds good in theory but it begs the question if you have the money and resources and you're on the up and up, why wouldn't you offer an outright figure? If you're a business man, any money you spend on this project, you recoup before any profit-sharing happens anyway. Am I wrong? If you invest say, $5000 in this project, you make that all back before you even give cent one to the person who handed it over to you so why wouldn't you put that money out?