Author Topic: Crooked I Say Hi Album.....Digital Download?  (Read 3543 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Crooked I Say Hi Album.....Digital Download?
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2009, 06:56:50 PM »
you speakin on some real shit jimmy, str8 up
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Shonuff

• 'G'
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2009, 07:27:12 PM »
lol dude getting all mad cuz i said i aint paying 1300,  not since id have to pay to 1)press the album, 2) promote tha album and 3) pay the retail cop for the stores it just dont seem feesable to me... if your so pressed with someone paying 1300 for a cd... you fucking pay it and put it out

also fyi my cds are in EVERY store you must not be looking hard enuff... cyssero protege of the game is in damn near every stre in the WORLD... armory gang should be too or in major markets right now./

noone arguing with you because your noone to argue with.... im just telling you...your whole defense is "if you really think the cd can make money you would put out $1300" thats not true... im not paying 1300 for something that 5+ other people got that can fuck my $ up sorry... now if homie came to me and said "im the only one with this cd, ill sell you it exclusively for 1300" then it would be worth it, but im not paying 1300 for a cd, and putting money out and then have some net geek like dante release it and fuck my money up

like i said u speaking as a fan you dont know shit about this business...not a diss its just the truth

EFFeX

« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »
Does Cyssero and Armory Gang see money off those projects?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2009, 08:11:25 PM »
I wouldn't pay $1300 because I couldn't legally put it out. You are saying that you can. If I had the legal rights to do so and someone offered it to me for $1300 when I can supposedly make it happen, I'd do it in heartbeat. What companies are charging you for shelf space? I know plenty of independent music labels that go through "consignment" which means you put it in the store, you decide the price, they take their percentage for stocking, and whatever doesn't sell in 30-90 days, they give back to you.

Whether you pay for it or you don't isn't any sweat off my back but you shouldn't be on here promoting yourself as one thing and then acting a different way because you want to get material for free and sell it. Promotion, pressing, and other expenses are an investment. I'm assuming you would be sharing the "profit" which means the person who would be submitting this stuff wouldn't get a dollar until you recouped all of your expenses which includes everything you mentioned. So if you're spending say $2,000 on putting this project together, you wouldn't start giving anyone a percentage until you actually made back that investment. This doesn't require a business degree or even extensive knowledge of the music industry. This is fairly common knowledge. So any money you paid to acquire the music would have to be made back before he started getting any money anyway. It's called a "budget".

The thing is you are generally right about me. I don't run a music label or any kind of distribution company but that doesn't mean I don't deal with people who do. The problem with you is you seem to think that you are above everyone because you have a music label. Just because someone isn't in the same position in you doesn't make them stupid or jealous. Granted, I don't know everything but you read a few books and have actual conversations with people who know things about managing money and you can learn a lot. Just some food for thought.

like i said u speaking as a fan you dont know shit about this business..

Well, it would appear from the way you avoid my questions and try to spin this into a "personal issue" that you probably don't know much about the business either. Maybe you do but in the three or so replies to me, you've spent more time speaking down to me and acting like you know something then actually presenting any rational insight. Your posts are all over the place and at times, contradictory. You talk about how far your reach is in terms of worldwide appeal and how your competitors "only have the Internet" yet you use this same logic to avoid releasing it since these "Internet only" guys could fuck your money up. How? If you are able to touch markets that they can't, you should have nothing to worry about it. Their overall damage to your pocket would be minimal. In fact, if you have pressed product in stores, why would anyone need to bother with them in the first place?  

EFFeX

« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2009, 08:25:06 PM »

The thing is you are generally right about me. I don't run a music label or any kind of distribution company but that doesn't mean I don't deal with people who do. The problem with you is you seem to think that you are above everyone because you have a music label. Just because someone isn't in the same position in you doesn't make them stupid or jealous. Granted, I don't know everything but you read a few books and have actual conversations with people who know things about managing money and you can learn a lot. Just some food for thought.

This is the problem with a lot of these bootleggers out there, they trying to school people thinking they are dealing with a bunch of kids just cause they posting in a forum. The truth is most of us don't know each other offline and have no idea where everyone is coming from, so all the assumptions have to chill.

BTW, you making some good posts homie, I appreciate everything you saying in this thread.

Shonuff

• 'G'
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2009, 08:36:17 PM »
i didnt avoid any of your questions dipshit lol i answered em all.. and mom and pops do consignment... major retail stores do co-op marketing... thats a whole nother topic that im sure you think you know about lol

i dont talk down on noone i know what i know because ive been in the business since 1999 putting cds in stores... and yes every artist we put in stores gets paid i split everything 50/50

as for you thinking that i need to recoup any costs before anyone gets paid... dont work like that, we work out a 3:1 deal with every artists which means for every $3 they make we take a $1 to recoup the costs we put out meaning if a album sells for $15 we get $12... outta that 12 its split 50/50... out of the artists $6 we take $2 to recoup back what we spent

we do this so artists still make money while we get paid back... but like i said your a kid who thinks he knows what hes talking about.. as for effex i aint a "bootlegger trying to school peoaple" like i said i been at this for 10 years, released albums worldwide and made enuff money to not give a fuck about paying $1300 for a crooked i release that 5+ other ppl have...

Jimmy H.

« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2009, 08:40:50 PM »

This is the problem with a lot of these bootleggers out there, they trying to school people thinking they are dealing with a bunch of kids just cause they posting in a forum. The truth is most of us don't know each other offline and have no idea where everyone is coming from, so all the assumptions have to chill.

BTW, you making some good posts homie, I appreciate everything you saying in this thread.
 That's kind of the vibe I get off this kid. He probably goes around from forum to forum doing this stuff and people eat it up because A) they don't know better and B) anyone with any actual knowledge on business isn't present. If you're in the know about business and somebody asks you a question, why would you insult them and say "You're just a fan. You don't know what you're talking about". Well, why are in you a fan forum if you are above talking to "fans" and answering their questions? If I have the wrong information and you're knowledgeable on the subject, shouldn't you be setting me straight instead of just assuming I'm ignorant and talking down to me? It's one thing if I'm being insulting to you but the fact that he takes the time to acknowledge my presence but ignores the actual question itself suggests that he's worried he might expose himself. If you are a successful business person, questions as simple as these shouldn't bother you. He'll get long-winded on how much better he is than everybody else but the more you read his threads, the more chinks start to show up in his armor!

Shonuff

• 'G'
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2009, 08:47:43 PM »
i can only assume your not from the us because your mentality is that of a fucking squirrel

Jimmy H.

« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2009, 09:00:07 PM »

i dont talk down on noone

i didnt avoid any of your questions dipshit lol i answered em all..  

but like i said your a kid who thinks he knows what hes talking about..  

You don't talk down on anyone? You have done nothing BUT talk down on anyone and everyone who doesn't 100% agree with you.

as for you thinking that i need to recoup any costs before anyone gets paid... dont work like that, we work out a 3:1 deal with every artists which means for every $3 they make we take a $1 to recoup the costs we put out meaning if a album sells for $15 we get $12... outta that 12 its split 50/50... out of the artists $6 we take $2 to recoup back what we spent

WHAT?!?! Who in the HELL taught you how to do business? I'm sorry but you're either lying or you have no idea how to run a business whatsoever. Between paying for shelf space and giving artist percentages on projects when the upfront investment hasn't been recouped, you'd be out of business in two months. Unless you're doing some kind of cross promotional advertisement with the store, they shouldn't be getting anything more than a percentage of sales. You have really given yourself a way with this one.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2009, 09:02:05 PM »
shorty-o is a fat trailer park trash boar from chester, who stole pac & daz vocals, and put it on a song on shorty-ho's wack album, without permission, and is tryna sell this wack product. shorty-ho needs to shoot himself. he is the laughing stock on the internet, where his name is only known on forums and blogs , where people are clowning him, lol

fukk shonuff/shortyo & affiliated records
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:04:22 PM by ironmike »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2009, 09:03:43 PM »
i can only assume your not from the us because your mentality is that of a fucking squirrel

Well, even a squirrel would know you don't pay a retail store for shelf space or give a percentage of your earnings to an "artist" when you haven't paid off the money you've invested yet.

Haze Zeus13

• 'G'
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2009, 09:06:28 PM »
he looks like fat bastard from austin powers

Jimmy H.

« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2009, 09:25:53 PM »
Thanks for the props.

Al Bundy

« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2009, 09:29:24 PM »
Jimmy really took the time to explain why this morbidly obese fuck tard shouldn't be trusted with money.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2009, 09:34:40 PM »
im not paying 1300 for something that 5+ other people got that can fuck my $ up sorry... now if homie came to me and said "im the only one with this cd, ill sell you it exclusively for 1300" then it would be worth it, but im not paying 1300 for a cd, and putting money out and then have some net geek like dante release it and fuck my money up

That actually is a valid reason.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"