Author Topic: Crooked I Say Hi Album.....Digital Download?  (Read 3537 times)

Al Bundy

Re: Crooked I Say Hi Album.....Digital Download?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 11:07:43 PM »
EASY TO CRACK! ;D i can do that shit with protools... 8)

Pretty much.

You're not cracking anything. All you're doing is recording your stereo mix and if the source audio is already compressed (meaning the audio has been ripped to mp3) then when you compress it again, the quality will decrease even more.

i'd rather just remove the information from the mp3 then just recompressing a compressed file.
its not like its gonna be a big difference...

lmao.

every time you encode a file with a lossy file format ala mp3 you lose audio quality

so encoding an already compressed file over will make you lose even more quality.

here's a science experiment you can do:

take a cd that you own and rip it into 320 kbps mp3s. now burn a cd with those mp3s, and then rip that cd into 320 kbps mp3s. compare the two files in your favorite audio editor and you'll see a difference. hell, you can HEAR the difference if you listen hard enough.

Al Bundy

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 11:09:18 PM »
Just open the files in Cool edit, Copy & then Paste it as a new track..
Rename it & save the file in the same quality...DONE.

nope not the same quality. all you're doing is re-encoding. cool edit isn't this special program that disregards mp3s downfalls

sofdark

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 12:22:55 AM »
Even if they find out who leaked it, what the fuk they gon do?
i kno holding the material and bootleggin it doesnt mean they have the copyright

Jimmy H.

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 01:30:21 AM »
i kno holding the material and bootleggin it doesnt mean they have the copyright
True that. I find a lot of these dudes to be kind of funny in the lengths they'll go to protect their bootlegging goldmine. Half of these cats are selling overpriced CD's for nowhere near a reasonable asking price and the other half seem a bit shady to be giving money to in the first place. If they actually had good exclusive shit and were offering it at a reasonable price, they could make out well. If you had someone who was selling this stuff for the price of a normal CD with decent packaging, they could be doing alright. They'd rather try to make the most money they can off 15 or 20 idiots who are willing pay $50 then to just go the affordable route and get their money. Folks will end up being done in by their greed. 

Aaron

• 'G'
  • C.O.B. Circle of Bosses
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 02:09:42 AM »

Excatly, If I downloaded it Id leak and and so what?? The rest of the world gets it for free. They aint gonna do shit to me because they cant.

Shonuff

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 07:54:23 AM »
if its wideawake (who owns the material) then they can sue you and send you to jail

if its a bootlegger im not sure

EFFeX

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 08:02:27 AM »
Just open the files in Cool edit, Copy & then Paste it as a new track..
Rename it & save the file in the same quality...DONE.

nope not the same quality. all you're doing is re-encoding. cool edit isn't this special program that disregards mp3s downfalls

True this, not many people realize that either. It's like when people take a 96kbps and save it in 320kbps, it's not RAISING the quality. Even if I took a 320kbps, and re-encoded it at 320kbps I'm losing quality. However, it's possible to make EDITS to an MP3 without re-encoding, but that's not what we are talking about in this thread.

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 09:02:35 AM »
lol @ this talk about the encoding,this album is not released yet and you guys talkin about how to do this and that shit...

EFFeX

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 09:14:26 AM »
lol @ this talk about the encoding,this album is not released yet and you guys talkin about how to do this and that shit...

LOL, I'm not even stressing ripping it, just good conversation.  8)

JohnnyL

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 09:22:45 AM »
if its wideawake (who owns the material) then they can sue you and send you to jail

That's what I was thinking.  If it really was wideawake who were responsible for this message about a possible download of the album, then yeah, they really could do something about it.  If it was just some bootlegger, I don't see how they could do anything.  But it's all a moot point until someone can confirm this is legit.

EFFeX

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 09:25:33 AM »

That's what I was thinking.  If it really was wideawake who were responsible for this message about a possible download of the album, then yeah, they really could do something about it.  If it was just some bootlegger, I don't see how they could do anything.  But it's all a moot point until someone can confirm this is legit.

If it's a legitimate release by WIDEawake I'll support it cause they actually trying to get the music to the fans.

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2009, 09:29:07 AM »
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2009, 09:34:20 AM »
I don't believe it. More taunting.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

RapClips

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 10:30:36 AM »

JohnnyL

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 10:32:05 AM »

If it's a legitimate release by WIDEawake I'll support it cause they actually trying to get the music to the fans.

Oh, me too, for sure.  But I also think if it was WIDEawake, they would have made it more clear in that message, that it was WIDEawake.  Unfortunately, I think this may turn out to be nothing.