Author Topic: Crooked I Say Hi Album.....Digital Download?  (Read 3497 times)

EFFeX

Re: Crooked I Say Hi Album.....Digital Download?
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2009, 06:54:45 PM »
Don't think it's a scam guys, I just contacted them by e-mail and they confirmed that it will be available on iTunes and Napster as well... I'm probably going to try to contact someone from WIDEawake and try to get a confirmation as well that it's a legitimate deal. Probably hit them up in the morning.

ummmm hello don't u think a legitimate company would be using their own domain name and not a gmail account to handle their business related emails?? i mean i could have set up that email use your head dummies

Chill out homie, all I'm doing is spreading the word. Like I said, if it WAS a bootleg, it wouldn't be on iTunes, period. So, if it drops on iTunes we know it's legit. Furthermore, I'm going to clear it up with WIDEawake in the morning most likely, so we'll see what they say about it.

JohnnyL

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2009, 06:58:47 PM »
 I don't know.  This may actually be the real deal.  Let me see if I can contact them.  I'll try to press them for info on a release date.

**Effex or Shonuff, which e-mail address did you use to contact them? I don't see one in the above messages.

***nevermind, I see it. lol
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 07:05:14 PM by JohnnyL »

EFFeX

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2009, 07:05:51 PM »
I don't know.  This may actually be the real deal.  Let me see if I can contact them.  I'll try to press them for info on a release date.

**Effex or Shonuff, which e-mail address did you use to contact them? I don't see one in the above messages.

musicmediallc@gmail.com is the group that is in question...

I just contacted the new Death Row division of WIDEawake through e-mail and will see if they respond with any confirmation, if not maybe a phone call in the morning. Long distance or not, I just want to get to the bottom of this before fans get scammed.

JohnnyL

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2009, 07:26:38 PM »
 I just sent them an e-mail.  We'll see what happens.  It sounds like it may be on the level, but you never know. Until we see the actual album up for download or get confirmation from Wideawake, we really won't know.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2009, 07:27:55 PM »
damn you tryna get this album for real haha

I just contacted the new Death Row division of WIDEawake through e-mail and will see if they respond with any confirmation, if not maybe a phone call in the morning. Long distance or not, I just want to get to the bottom of this before fans get scammed.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

EFFeX

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2009, 07:34:31 PM »

Why not? Should be pretty hot... I know I'm not the only one interested, so if I could clear up a few things for other fans it's not a big deal for me to check out the situation.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2009, 07:39:25 PM »
yeah nah thats waz up
jus see you dont give up on gettin what your tryna get
in this case the crooked album
but yeah alotta cats want that album
dont know after hearin some of the traxx, not that hyped up bout it

Why not? Should be pretty hot... I know I'm not the only one interested, so if I could clear up a few things for other fans it's not a big deal for me to check out the situation.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

EFFeX

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2009, 07:42:55 PM »
yeah nah thats waz up

Yeah, to be perfectly honest... The tracks "Bitch" and "I'm So Crooked" weren't his BEST, but they weren't wack either. There were so many tracks recorded that who really knows what is meant to be on the project and what isn't.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2009, 07:44:31 PM »
yeah but im lookin at it like this, ima be patient and jus wait til everything leaks, im guessin it will
by the looks of it, its not worth me coppin it otherwise i would if it were for sale

yeah nah thats waz up

Yeah, to be perfectly honest... The tracks "Bitch" and "I'm So Crooked" weren't his BEST, but they weren't wack either. There were so many tracks recorded that who really knows what is meant to be on the project and what isn't.
Cube

JohnnyL

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2009, 07:47:12 PM »
yeah nah thats waz up

From the sound of those snippets I doubt those were the best tracks on there.  I was really looking forward to hearing the "Me and My Dog" track, and of course "The Slap Back."

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2009, 07:48:52 PM »
yeah slap back, if in fact thats a real song sounds dope
jus another banger possibly to add to the best of the best disses from the them days
no vaseline paryt 2
yall hoes (tha row)
Cube

JohnnyL

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2009, 08:20:03 PM »
Already received an e-mail back from Music Media LLC.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get much more out of them than what was already posted here.  But for what it's worth, here's the response from them in it's entirety...

Hi Jon, yes we have joined forces with WIDEawake to release the death row catalog. The 1st release being Crooked I's Album. As of right now the track listing is being selected and the website for the album is being created. Im sure WIDEawake and the artist himself appreciate your support since this has been a long time coming. As far as the album details, what I can say is the album will be a digital album released on iTunes, napster, and all the other digital services. WIDEawake is also going to do a selling of Digital Download cards (the size of credit cards) before the actual album hits the digital retail market, this way the dedicated fans can get the digital release before its officially released in the digital market.

We would appreciate your support for the project in the coming weeks, and will add your email to our mailing list to update you when the site is "live" for people to order the download cards.

Adam Bouchard
Music Media LLC

EFFeX

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2009, 08:21:53 PM »
Already received an e-mail back from Music Media LLC.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get much more out of them than what was already posted here.  But for what it's worth, here's the response from them in it's entirety...

Hi Jon, yes we have joined forces with WIDEawake to release the death row catalog. The 1st release being Crooked I's Album. As of right now the track listing is being selected and the website for the album is being created. Im sure WIDEawake and the artist himself appreciate your support since this has been a long time coming. As far as the album details, what I can say is the album will be a digital album released on iTunes, napster, and all the other digital services. WIDEawake is also going to do a selling of Digital Download cards (the size of credit cards) before the actual album hits the digital retail market, this way the dedicated fans can get the digital release before its officially released in the digital market.

We would appreciate your support for the project in the coming weeks, and will add your email to our mailing list to update you when the site is "live" for people to order the download cards.

Adam Bouchard
Music Media LLC

Almost a cut and paste of what I got from them, I'm still waiting back to hear from WIDEawake, but they are most likely out of the office at this point, probably gotta wait till tomorrow.

JohnnyL

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2009, 08:48:44 PM »

Adam Bouchard
Music Media LLC

Almost a cut and paste of what I got from them, I'm still waiting back to hear from WIDEawake, but they are most likely out of the office at this point, probably gotta wait till tomorrow.

Yeah.  That's one thing that makes me have some reservations about this deal.  The fact that I received a response to my e-mail this quickly, and after normal business hours.  I'm not completely discounting the possiblity, but what we have so far, is far from solid evidence.  I tried to do a google search as well, and turned up nothing. I even gave the Wideawake website a second look and could find no mention of Music Media LLC or Adam Bouchard.  That's not to say that Wideawake didn't contact them after their latest website update, to handle the digital distribution of their Death Row material, but as I said, it's just too hard to tell at this point.  Because Wideawake was supposed to make an announcement sometime this week, regarding their handling of the Death Row Records catalog, you can't rule this out, entirely.  Hopefully, you get some kind of answer from Wideawake tomorrow, Effex.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »
haha fuckin accouncements
all of em are fake as fuck
whether its from a label, a rapper (most), fuckin president
Cube