Author Topic: Crooked I Say Hi Album.....Digital Download?  (Read 3496 times)

EFFeX

Re: Crooked I Say Hi Album.....Digital Download?
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2009, 08:52:14 PM »
Already received an e-mail back from Music Media LLC.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get much more out of them than what was already posted here.  But for what it's worth, here's the response from them in it's entirety...

Hi Jon, yes we have joined forces with WIDEawake to release the death row catalog. The 1st release being Crooked I's Album. As of right now the track listing is being selected and the website for the album is being created. Im sure WIDEawake and the artist himself appreciate your support since this has been a long time coming. As far as the album details, what I can say is the album will be a digital album released on iTunes, napster, and all the other digital services. WIDEawake is also going to do a selling of Digital Download cards (the size of credit cards) before the actual album hits the digital retail market, this way the dedicated fans can get the digital release before its officially released in the digital market.

We would appreciate your support for the project in the coming weeks, and will add your email to our mailing list to update you when the site is "live" for people to order the download cards.

Adam Bouchard
Music Media LLC

Almost a cut and paste of what I got from them, I'm still waiting back to hear from WIDEawake, but they are most likely out of the office at this point, probably gotta wait till tomorrow.

Yeah.  That's one thing that makes me have some reservations about this deal.  The fact that I received a response to my e-mail this quickly, and after normal business hours.  I'm not completely discounting the possiblity, but what we have so far, is far from solid evidence.  I tried to do a google search as well, and turned up nothing. I even gave the Wideawake website a second look and could find no mention of Music Media LLC or Adam Bouchard.  That's not to say that Wideawake didn't contact them after their latest website update, to handle the digital distribution of their Death Row material, but as I said, it's just too hard to tell at this point.  Because Wideawake was supposed to make an announcement sometime this week, regarding their handling of the Death Row Records catalog, you can't rule this out, entirely.  Hopefully, you get some kind of answer from Wideawake tomorrow, Effex.

LOL, WIDEawake gonna be like "WTF are you talking about? Music Media LLC!?"

JohnnyL

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2009, 09:04:42 PM »
Already received an e-mail back from Music Media LLC.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get much more out of them than what was already posted here.  But for what it's worth, here's the response from them in it's entirety...

Hi Jon, yes we have joined forces with WIDEawake to release the death row catalog. The 1st release being Crooked I's Album. As of right now the track listing is being selected and the website for the album is being created. Im sure WIDEawake and the artist himself appreciate your support since this has been a long time coming. As far as the album details, what I can say is the album will be a digital album released on iTunes, napster, and all the other digital services. WIDEawake is also going to do a selling of Digital Download cards (the size of credit cards) before the actual album hits the digital retail market, this way the dedicated fans can get the digital release before its officially released in the digital market.

We would appreciate your support for the project in the coming weeks, and will add your email to our mailing list to update you when the site is "live" for people to order the download cards.

Adam Bouchard
Music Media LLC

Almost a cut and paste of what I got from them, I'm still waiting back to hear from WIDEawake, but they are most likely out of the office at this point, probably gotta wait till tomorrow.

Yeah.  That's one thing that makes me have some reservations about this deal.  The fact that I received a response to my e-mail this quickly, and after normal business hours.  I'm not completely discounting the possiblity, but what we have so far, is far from solid evidence.  I tried to do a google search as well, and turned up nothing. I even gave the Wideawake website a second look and could find no mention of Music Media LLC or Adam Bouchard.  That's not to say that Wideawake didn't contact them after their latest website update, to handle the digital distribution of their Death Row material, but as I said, it's just too hard to tell at this point.  Because Wideawake was supposed to make an announcement sometime this week, regarding their handling of the Death Row Records catalog, you can't rule this out, entirely.  Hopefully, you get some kind of answer from Wideawake tomorrow, Effex.

LOL, WIDEawake gonna be like "WTF are you talking about? Music Media LLC!?"

Lol.  Oh well...even if they do act like that, we'll all at least know for sure.  I'm hoping for the best, but honestly I think our chances of this turning out to be real are about 50/50 at best.  But however it turns out, we know at least, that Wideawake are planning to open a website where they'll be selling tracks like this, digitally.  So even if this particular incident doesn't pan out, I think the material is still soon-to-be released.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2009, 09:18:50 PM »
and if not then lets all smoke some weedi and get fuckedi up   

*bumps black superman*
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jimmy H.

« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2009, 09:44:07 PM »
Something seems fishy here. Maybe it's just a strange coincidence but Shonuff and Adam Bouchard seem to both use commas quite a bit when not needed. Maybe I'm crazy though. What do yall think?

Shonuff

• 'G'
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2009, 07:53:49 AM »
wow....dude said it cant be real he uses commas lol

how bout we wait till someone gets a word from wideawake to say anything you might look like an idiot

JohnnyL

« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2009, 07:59:07 AM »
Yeah, I'm going to reserve judgement until I hear from Effex.  I got my fingers crossed.

EFFeX

« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2009, 08:05:19 AM »
No word from them yet, but I'm not sure what part of Canada they are located in. I'll wait a little longer before I try to contact them further.

JohnnyL

« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2009, 08:26:20 AM »
No word from them yet, but I'm not sure what part of Canada they are located in. I'll wait a little longer before I try to contact them further.

Me neither.  Their offices might not be open yet.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2009, 03:02:21 PM »

how bout we wait till someone gets a word from wideawake to say anything you might look like an idiot
I didn't say that it can't be real. I said it seemed fishy. It's not that you are both using commas. You both use them in the place of a period at the end of some of your sentences. Example.

WIDEawake is also going to do a selling of Digital Download cards (the size of credit cards) before the actual album hits the digital retail market, this way the dedicated fans can get the digital release before its officially released in the digital market.

i think the 100 or so people who ordered from ITB got there cds, theres dozens of ppl here who can vouch for that jackass.

Hi Jon, yes we have joined forces with WIDEawake to release the death row catalog. The 1st release being Crooked I's Album.

im going to post my email 1st then there response.

You and Adam Bouchard have very similar spelling and grammar styles. As far as the Wideawake deal goes, is that really here or there? I never said or implied that either one of you did not, legally or otherwise, have a Crooked I project. I'm bringing up what it seems like an odd coincidence to me. If it is, no harm, no foul.

EFFeX

« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2009, 03:18:44 PM »

I didn't say that it can't be real. I said it seemed fishy. It's not that you are both using commas. You both use them in the place of a period at the end of some of your sentences. Example.

WIDEawake is also going to do a selling of Digital Download cards (the size of credit cards) before the actual album hits the digital retail market, this way the dedicated fans can get the digital release before its officially released in the digital market.

i think the 100 or so people who ordered from ITB got there cds, theres dozens of ppl here who can vouch for that jackass.

Hi Jon, yes we have joined forces with WIDEawake to release the death row catalog. The 1st release being Crooked I's Album.

im going to post my email 1st then there response.

You and Adam Bouchard have very similar spelling and grammar styles. As far as the Wideawake deal goes, is that really here or there? I never said or implied that either one of you did not, legally or otherwise, have a Crooked I project. I'm bringing up what it seems like an odd coincidence to me. If it is, no harm, no foul.

I noticed everything you mentioned here homie. The errors in spelling and grammar are almost red flags.

I'm hoping that WIDEawake gets back to me soon so we can bury this thread if need be.

JohnnyL

« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2009, 04:58:04 PM »
Regardless of how this turns out, I was hoping we'd hear something about the announcement by Wideawake, as one was supposed to be made no later than tomorrow.  I'm not sure about this whole Music Media LLC thing, but there was supposed to be something announced regarding their actual Death Row website, including information about the inclusion of downloadable unreleased tracks.  I don't know....maybe we'll hear something tomorrow.

EFFeX

« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2009, 05:20:43 PM »
Regardless of how this turns out, I was hoping we'd hear something about the announcement by Wideawake, as one was supposed to be made no later than tomorrow.  I'm not sure about this whole Music Media LLC thing, but there was supposed to be something announced regarding their actual Death Row website, including information about the inclusion of downloadable unreleased tracks.  I don't know....maybe we'll hear something tomorrow.

Hopefully, I know that they are doing a series of interviews throughout the week/weekend, so maybe they'll wait until after that to make some official statements. They seem to be pretty organized with how they handle their business. Then again, anything is better than Suge at this point.

JohnnyL

« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2009, 06:16:05 PM »
 Here...found this on another forum.  Hope this wasn't the big announcement, because it's still pretty vague.

http://www.thestar.com/article/601540

EFFeX

« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2009, 06:24:50 PM »
Here...found this on another forum.  Hope this wasn't the big announcement, because it's still pretty vague.

http://www.thestar.com/article/601540

I think it's just one interview of many to come. Props for finding that though!

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2009, 07:27:55 PM »
lameeeeee

why cant that sheet leak
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens