Author Topic: Crooked I Say Hi Album.....Digital Download?  (Read 3535 times)

JohnnyL

Re: Crooked I Say Hi Album.....Digital Download?
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2009, 08:11:45 PM »
Here...found this on another forum.  Hope this wasn't the big announcement, because it's still pretty vague.

http://www.thestar.com/article/601540

I think it's just one interview of many to come. Props for finding that though!

I hope so.  Looking over the announcement on their website, it looked to me like they were planning on going more into specifics.  For example:

Ms. Lavi and her team plan to make several key announcements during this year’s CMW conference. Some of these announcements include:

The company’s plans for foreign distribution, publishing and merchandising of the Death
Row assets. These also include the company’s plans to build a special Death Row online
portal where fans can download never before released Death Row music,
watch Death
Row TV, participate in contests and dialog with fellow fans world wide.

JohnnyL

« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2009, 07:53:08 AM »
 Okay.  I'd say this is the last day for this.  This is the last day that Wideawake is supposed to be holding press conferences, this week.  I'd say unless there's an anouncement specifically relating to this digital Crooked I release, we can probably officially put the "FAKE" stamp on this.  If there was a digital release that eminent, there would be some kind of announcement.  Not to mention the fact that virtually no one was sent e-mails regarding this.  Damn shame....seems like this is going to turn out to be a bigger waste of time than the actual preorders were.

EFFeX

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2009, 08:12:05 AM »
I mean, I'm sure that Crooked I's material is going to come out eventually through WIDEawake, but I don't think THIS is the specific announcement we are waiting for in regards to that release. This seems like complete bs to me the more time goes by...

Schreibs21

« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2009, 08:23:35 AM »
I'm going to say this is bullshit. For one I think WideAWAKE will want to make a splash with their 1st release, for 1, selling a Crooked I album is not doing that, and 2 offering it up for digital download only is even worse. I'm sure their new distribution partner Koch wouldn't like that idea either, then what would be the point in having them? I think they'll try and get out a big name 1st.

JohnnyL

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2009, 10:47:07 AM »
I mean, I'm sure that Crooked I's material is going to come out eventually through WIDEawake, but I don't think THIS is the specific announcement we are waiting for in regards to that release. This seems like complete bs to me the more time goes by...

Yeah...Has to be bullshit.  There's no way WIDEawake will put out this album with absolutely zero fanfare.  There will have to be some kind of promotion before they put it up for sale.  Initially because of the timing of these mysterious e-mails and when WIDEawake was supposed to have these series of press conferences, I thought this might have some chance of being legit.  But it seems as though they're done with any announcements for the week and their website is evidently not ready.  So I'm calling "bullshit."  I wouldn't be surprised though, to see a fake version of "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" go up on Amazon.com and Itunes next to it's "One Nation" counter-part.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 11:06:48 AM by JohnnyL »

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2009, 03:38:56 PM »
I Told Y'all All That Bitching Would Fuck Up The Los Skanless Project....

Haze Zeus13

• 'G'
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2009, 04:09:09 PM »

Yeah...Has to be bullshit.  There's no way WIDEawake will put out this album with absolutely zero fanfare.  There will have to be some kind of promotion before they put it up for sale.  Initially because of the timing of these mysterious e-mails and when WIDEawake was supposed to have these series of press conferences, I thought this might have some chance of being legit.  But it seems as though they're done with any announcements for the week and their website is evidently not ready.  So I'm calling "bullshit."  I wouldn't be surprised though, to see a fake version of "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" go up on Amazon.com and Itunes next to it's "One Nation" counter-part.

you are right they do have to recoup 18million dollars so just pushing out music i don't think is in their best interest and no telling what they have or don't have

EFFeX

« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2009, 05:00:41 PM »

Los Skanless fucked up the Los Skanless project.

JohnnyL

« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2009, 05:03:19 PM »

Los Skanless fucked up the Los Skanless project.

The thing is, we know Los Skanless isn't the only one who has it.  It's frustrating that no one out there is interested in selling it.  Real people, I mean.  Not make-believe companies.

Shonuff

• 'G'
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2009, 05:11:49 PM »
yea honestly we know the guy who sold Losskans the cd didnt sell him the ONLY copy, so i dunno why homies not trying to Capitoline off it now. LIKE I SAID IF YOU GOT THE CROOKED I CD EMAIL ME, PM ME, WHATEVER... I WILL RELEASE IT ALL OVER, PRESS IT Up, STICK IT IN STORES, YOU WILL MAKE  ASHITLOAD OF MONEY

PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2009, 05:12:31 PM »

It's too bad I can't care any less about the situation. The only person who got butt hurt was LSN when he found out no one wanted to buy his bullshit.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2009, 06:04:40 PM »

It's too bad I can't care any less about the situation. The only person who got butt hurt was LSN when he found out no one wanted to buy his bullshit.

That's actually the truth. Lol.

EFFeX

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2009, 07:26:35 PM »
yea honestly we know the guy who sold Losskans the cd didnt sell him the ONLY copy, so i dunno why homies not trying to Capitoline off it now. LIKE I SAID IF YOU GOT THE CROOKED I CD EMAIL ME, PM ME, WHATEVER... I WILL RELEASE IT ALL OVER, PRESS IT Up, STICK IT IN STORES, YOU WILL MAKE  ASHITLOAD OF MONEY

PLAIN AND SIMPLE

No disrespect to you homie, but forget all that, someone needs to just leak it. Forget making money off someone else's work, especially if your a fan.

JohnnyL

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2009, 07:31:01 PM »
Unfortunately that's what has kept it unleaked for this long.  Every time it's changed hands, huge sums of money seem to be involved.  No one wants to leak it because they've invested so much of their own money into it.  That's why it's unfortunate things didn't work out with Los Skanless.  I was hoping it was finally go from one person paying a shit load of cash to many people, each paying a small amount.

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2009, 08:51:46 PM »
Unfortunately that's what has kept it unleaked for this long.  Every time it's changed hands, huge sums of money seem to be involved.  No one wants to leak it because they've invested so much of their own money into it.  That's why it's unfortunate things didn't work out with Los Skanless.  I was hoping it was finally go from one person paying a shit load of cash to many people, each paying a small amount.

MY POINT EXACTLY, SINCE IT WASN'T THEM SPENDING A MASS AMOUNT OF CASH THEN THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND IT....LOS HAD GOOD INTENTIONS....BUT THE HATERS AND BITCHEZ GOT HIM TO CHANGE HIS MIND....