Author Topic: Mexican Drug Lord Makes Forbes’ Billionaire List  (Read 455 times)

Elano

Mexican Drug Lord Makes Forbes’ Billionaire List
« on: March 14, 2009, 12:43:35 PM »

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (CNN) — What do software mogul Bill Gates and banking investor Warren Buffett have in common with wanted Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman Loera?

They are all featured in Forbes magazine’s world’s billionaires report as “self-made” billionaires.

Guzman Loera, whose nickname means Shorty, escaped from a Mexican prison in 2001. He heads the powerful Sinaloa cartel, investigators say. Authorities on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border blame the Sinaloa and other cartels for a surge in violence in the region.

He ranked 701th on Forbes’ yearly report, with an estimated fortune of $1 billion.

Mexican Attorney General Eduardo Medina Mora expressed outrage at the publication and described Forbes’ calculations on Guzman Loera’s fortune as mere “speculation.”

“I will never accept that a criminal could be recognized as someone distinguished, even if it is by a magazine like Forbes,” Medina Mora said to local media during a drug traffic summit Thursday in Vienna, Austria.

Forbes is “comparing the deplorable activity of a criminal wanted in Mexico and abroad with that of honest businessmen,” he said.

Mexican President Felipe Calderon — speaking at a business summit Thursday in Mexico City — alluded to the report, saying, “It is very sad the intensification of a campaign, which seems to me, has been launched against Mexico.”

Calderon added, “Public opinion and now even magazines not only attack and lie about the situation in Mexico but now also praise criminals. In Mexico, it is considered a crime to praise criminals.”

Guzman Loera has a three-decade history of drug trade spanning North, Central and South America. The Forbes profile of Guzman Loera reported that “the U.S. government is offering a $5 million reward” for the billionaire’s capture.

Forbes magazine was not available for comment, but its article offers a clue as to why Guzman Loera made the list.

“So is there anywhere one can still make a fortune these days? The 38 newcomers offer a few clues. Among the more notable new billionaires are Mexican Joaquin Guzman Loera, one of the biggest suppliers of cocaine to the U.S.”

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Mexican Drug Lord Makes Forbes’ Billionaire List
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 12:48:31 PM »
Forbes is “comparing the deplorable activity of a criminal wanted in Mexico and abroad with that of honest businessmen,” he said.

I wonder how many of the businessmen on that list are "honest" lolol  Im sure half of them are criminals themselves...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Elano

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 01:13:36 PM »

I wonder how many of the businessmen on that list are "honest" lolol  Im sure half of them are criminals themselves...

good point

OchoCinco

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 01:16:12 PM »

props on that, true shit
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 01:24:52 PM by OchoCinco »

Pacific Standard

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 01:23:27 PM »

Yeah, a little, but reallocating funds to states where you wont be taxed isn't quite the same type of crime a say, murdering a cops family.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 01:30:48 PM »
I gotta handle to him, i mean, he is technically a "businessman."
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 01:42:02 PM »
Whenever this dude wants to go to a restaurant, he sends some of his lower level people to take everybody's cellphones away and also check for enemies.  Once it's clear, he sits down has dinner and before he leaves he tells everyone "Sorry for the inconvenience, here are your cell phones and the tab is on me"  On his wedding day, there were choppers protecting the area.  The only way to get to the wedding was via helicopter.  There were multiple checkpoints around the party, as far a 5-10 miles.  He also blindfolded a famous Mexican folk group and took them to the wedding so they can play there.  lol...yup had to be a billionaire. 

herpes

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 01:53:41 PM »
Whenever this dude wants to go to a restaurant, he sends some of his lower level people to take everybody's cellphones away and also check for enemies.  Once it's clear, he sits down has dinner and before he leaves he tells everyone "Sorry for the inconvenience, here are your cell phones and the tab is on me"  On his wedding day, there were choppers protecting the area.  The only way to get to the wedding was via helicopter.  There were multiple checkpoints around the party, as far a 5-10 miles.  He also blindfolded a famous Mexican folk group and took them to the wedding so they can play there.  lol...yup had to be a billionaire. 

I wish I could be him.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 02:00:41 PM »

I wish I could be him.

His son was recently killed, in what people believe to be a set up.  Basically, what happened was that "El Mochomo" (the billionaire's right hand man) was captured along with some family members of the billionaire.  The guy that ended up getting the worst sentence, was El Mochomo.  So El Mochomo's brother, thought that they had sold him out or whatever.  His response was to kill the son, this caused a full on war for a quite a while...it's been somewhat calmer. The state of Sinaloa was getting an average of 7 kills per day.  People don't know if the son was in the business or not, since he was going to a University. 

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 02:01:17 PM »

I wish I could be him.

lol

They say he's like 50 feet tall too, and when you hear thunder, its really him snoring.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 02:02:17 PM »

I wish I could be him.

lol

They say he's like 50 feet tall too, and when you hear thunder, its really him snoring.

The restaurant and wedding thing is true. 

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 02:10:41 PM »

I wish I could be him.

lol

The restaurant and wedding thing is true. 

im just playin man...

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 02:16:12 PM »
I'm gonna start me a bangbus business.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 02:25:44 PM »
damn........well shit  eye know the chances of him and me eating in the same area are slim.......... because he probably eat at restaurants where the cheapest plate is 100 bones........ so eye guess eye get to keep my phone on me at all times. but he seem like a very polite nigga
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

Elano

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 03:34:31 AM »
damn........well shit  eye know the chances of him and me eating in the same area are slim.......... because he probably eat at restaurants where the cheapest plate is 100 bones........ so eye guess eye get to keep my phone on me at all times. but he seem like a very polite nigga
;D