Earth, wind & fire or beatles

Earth, Wind, & Fire
10 (40%)
The beatles
13 (52%)
Eye dont know good music
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Earth, Wind & Fire >>>>>>>>>>>>> The beatles  (Read 682 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: Earth, Wind & Fire >>>>>>>>>>>>> The beatles
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 10:09:30 PM »
Sly & The Family Stone >>>>>>>>>>>>> Earth, Wind & Fire

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 11:48:31 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5bfzWj5a_Y4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5bfzWj5a_Y4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

no one ever props kool and the gang for this joint

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 12:51:56 AM »
^^ everyone does... sadly its like their only song that people still remember nowadays. winter sadness is just as good, and they had a bunch of great disco/funk songs too

Pacific Standard

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 01:24:39 AM »
^^ everyone does... sadly its like their only song that people still remember nowadays. winter sadness is just as good, and they had a bunch of great disco/funk songs too

fuck you talin about? jungle boogie? hollywood swingin? ladies night? get down on it?

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 03:32:23 AM »
my favourite song of kool & the gang:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KXBjFe2HrKE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KXBjFe2HrKE</a>
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 03:34:16 AM by ironmike »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 03:57:03 AM »
No...  The Beatles have more #1 songs than EW and F have songs. The Beatles still influence songwriting.  That being said I hate the Beatles and personally like EW and F much more.

My feelings exactly.

Kool & The Gang > EW&F though.

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 10:49:20 AM »
i like both, but the beatles are far superior.

this is like comparing vince carter and michael jordan.

your vote should even count because you desperately want to be white (italian)
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 02:37:23 PM »
none of those bands could fuck wit earth wind & fire except parliament funkadelic they are dynamic too.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 04:12:31 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/DThEunJRWvI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/DThEunJRWvI</a>

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 01:43:36 AM »
i like both, but the beatles are far superior.

this is like comparing vince carter and michael jordan.

your vote should even count because you desperately want to be white (italian)

ya ya ya and you should be hunting chester cheetah for dinner over in west africa....

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 02:18:37 AM »

fuck you talin about? jungle boogie? hollywood swingin? ladies night? get down on it?

im not talking about people like us that know our history... young bucks

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 04:11:18 AM »
its obv beatles for me, i never listened to too much ew&f i should peep some, but i enjoy the 60s soul sound a lot more than that 70s funk

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2009, 10:08:36 AM »
Well both groups are obviously brilliant.  They're tough to compare because they were stylistically different.  But if you want just straight up overall impact, it's really not that close.  Beatles hands down.  When John Lennon made the statement that they were bigger than Jesus, he was talking about their popularity.  And he wasn't really exaggerating, lol.  EWF did not reach that status.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 01:27:43 PM by Underground King »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 10:59:28 AM »
Well both groups are obviously brilliant.  They're tough to compare because they were stylistically different.  But if you want just straight up overall impact, it's really not that close.  Beatles hands down.  When John Lennon made the statement that they were bigger than Jesus, he was talking about their popularity.  And he wasn't really exaggerating, lol.  EWF did not reach that status.

They were more popular than Jesus to many of the Western teenage and twenty-something world at their height. Lennon was a complete twit with most of what he said outside the realm of music. Saying he was more popular than Jesus in the World was as absurd as thinking he's going to create world peace by jumping in bed naked with his stupid wife and putting it on TV.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 01:41:02 PM »

They were more popular than Jesus to many of the Western teenage and twenty-something world at their height. Lennon was a complete twit with most of what he said outside the realm of music. Saying he was more popular than Jesus in the World was as absurd as thinking he's going to create world peace by jumping in bed naked with his stupid wife and putting it on TV.

John Lennon was a twit?  I have officially heard it all on this board.    Yeah having a philosophy of love and peace throughout the world is quite twitish ::)

I know you're somewhat of a religious zealot, and were probably offended by his statement.  And based on the rest of your post, I'd say you don't have any clue about what The Beatles really were about.  No of course they weren't literally bigger than Jesus, but at the time it was complete and utter chaos everywhere they went.