Earth, wind & fire or beatles

Earth, Wind, & Fire
10 (40%)
The beatles
13 (52%)
Eye dont know good music
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Earth, Wind & Fire >>>>>>>>>>>>> The beatles  (Read 683 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Earth, Wind & Fire >>>>>>>>>>>>> The beatles
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2009, 05:58:27 PM »
Well both groups are obviously brilliant.  They're tough to compare because they were stylistically different.  But if you want just straight up overall impact, it's really not that close.  Beatles hands down.  When John Lennon made the statement that they were bigger than Jesus, he was talking about their popularity.  And he wasn't really exaggerating, lol.  EWF did not reach that status.

They were more popular than Jesus to many of the Western teenage and twenty-something world at their height. Lennon was a complete twit with most of what he said outside the realm of music. Saying he was more popular than Jesus in the World was as absurd as thinking he's going to create world peace by jumping in bed naked with his stupid wife and putting it on TV.

John Lennon was a twit?  I have officially heard it all on this board.    Yeah having a philosophy of love and peace throughout the world is quite twitish ::)

I know you're somewhat of a religious zealot, and were probably offended by his statement.  And based on the rest of your post, I'd say you don't have any clue about what The Beatles really were about.  No of course they weren't literally bigger than Jesus, but at the time it was complete and utter chaos everywhere they went. 

FUCK JESUS! FUCK JESUS! FUCK JESUS! FUCK JESUS! FUCK JESUS! FUCK JESUS!

Want me to say it again?

FUCK JESUS!

Twit - a foolish or stupid person.

I could give a fuck about my own religious beliefs with regards to common sense. The Beatles were never at any point in time more popular than most historical figures. Judging someone's popularity based on screaming teenage girls is foolish and stupid. And that's what Lennon was most of the time; probably thanks to all the hard drugs he pumped in his body. It did wonders for his music, but not so much for his intelligence.

It's not foolish to want love and peace. It's foolish to think you can create it by cozying up naked with your bitch wife in what was no more than cheap publicity. Ask his first wife and son how much John Lennon wanted peace and love. If you get caught up in the myth of John Lennon then you think I'm an idiot. If you're set in reality you'll know I'm not.

Lennon makes Bono look like Ben Franklin.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2009, 07:24:15 PM »
Ask his first wife and son how much John Lennon wanted peace and love.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOAYNKmjebs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xOAYNKmjebs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2009, 07:32:00 PM »
Ask his first wife and son how much John Lennon wanted peace and love.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOAYNKmjebs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xOAYNKmjebs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Well said.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2009, 09:31:34 PM »
LOL

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »
Well both groups are obviously brilliant.  They're tough to compare because they were stylistically different.  But if you want just straight up overall impact, it's really not that close.  Beatles hands down.  When John Lennon made the statement that they were bigger than Jesus, he was talking about their popularity.  And he wasn't really exaggerating, lol.  EWF did not reach that status.

could that be because the beatles were white ?
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2009, 02:25:07 AM »
in the 60's teenagers LOVED the Beatles
in the 70's teenagers and 20 somethings LOVED the Beatles
in the 80's tennagers , 20 somethings and 30 somethings LOVED the Beatles
in the 90's teenagers, 20 somethings, 30 somethings, and 40 somethings LOVED the Beatles
in the 00's teenagers, 20 somethings, 30 somethins, 40 somethings, and 50 somethings LOVE Beatles

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2009, 02:26:31 AM »

according to all black people white people are void of rhythm and soul.......so by that account shouldn't this make the Beatles even more glorious? lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2009, 06:48:11 AM »
in the 90's teenagers, 20 somethings, 30 somethings, and 40 somethings LOVED the Beatles
in the 00's teenagers, 20 somethings, 30 somethins, 40 somethings, and 50 somethings LOVE Beatles

That's because they're white.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2009, 07:53:19 AM »

I don't know where you get this lovely facts... I highly doubt teenagers of the 80's, 90's and 00's LOVE the Beatles.. in fact.. I highly doubt the majority of teens in the 90's and 00's even really know who the beatles are...  I don't really care for them.. they had some cool songs and were made popular like 40 years ago.. don't mean I LOVE them as you say LOL

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 10:09:59 AM »

according to all black people white people are void of rhythm and soul.......so by that account shouldn't this make the Beatles even more glorious? lol
well actually if you think about that it doesnt make the beatles even more glorious gringo. that just means white people dont know good music with rhythm and soul. so the opt to go crazy over white that dont have it. because they are white.
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 11:35:44 AM »

I don't know where you get this lovely facts... I highly doubt teenagers of the 80's, 90's and 00's LOVE the Beatles.. in fact.. I highly doubt the majority of teens in the 90's and 00's even really know who the beatles are...  I don't really care for them.. they had some cool songs and were made popular like 40 years ago.. don't mean I LOVE them as you say LOL

Love might be too strong of a word there but he is right.  People are still discovering the Beatles.  One of my friend's younger brothers are starting to like the, and they are 11 and 13.  Majority of teens definitely know who the Beatles are. They didn't just have "cool songs", they have masterpieces as albums.  Here's a good example of how teens today enjoy The Beatles.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445922/ratings

A Beatles version of Rock Band is also coming out.