Author Topic: 50 Cent says to expect 2 albums from him and Slim this year..  (Read 949 times)

dameons

Rapper plans to drop Before I Self Destruct and a follow-up in conjunction with Eminem's pair of 2009 LPs.

Recently, while filming a video, 50 Cent said it was he who gave Eminem the idea to release two albums this year. Fif is taking credit for that — you're welcome, America. The Queens MC also said he's going to do the same thing.

"What they don't know ... the new announcement is that I'm dropping two albums," Fif smiled. "I've had an opportunity to record since I thought I was releasing an album in December. But the portion of my record that I recorded with Dr. Dre was incomplete, because there was no opportunity to mix it. The only song that was mixed that I worked on with Dr. Dre is 'I Get It In' — that one is out now. It's cool, but I need the rest of them to be mixed before I can present my project to the public."

Fif projects Before I Self Destruct will drop in June, after Eminem's Relapse hits stores on May 19 — and 50's second album will come one month after Em's second album, according to the current game plan.

When asked to describe the concept of the upcoming "Crack a Bottle" video, 50 didn't say much. "The concept ... this video is very artistic. It's an idea that Em and [his manager] Paul [Rosenberg] agreed on. It's exciting."

And ...?

"So you want me to tell what it is?" 50 laughed. "I'm not telling you."

Fif is set to join Fall Out Boy on tour for five dates, starting with the Dallas stop on April 14.

Invincible

Re: 50 Cent says to expect 2 albums from him and Slim this year..
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »
Well the second album from 50 would be his greatest hits so that wouldn't be to unexpected but it won't happen. Eminem definitely won't release 2.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 07:23:57 PM »
Sure..... How many times has each of 50's, G-Unit's, Banks, Buck's, Em, Dre's, Stat's, Bishops, etc etc been pushed back or canceled? Bullshit. Release Em, 50, Bishop then Detox, that's what we want!!

Invincible

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 07:25:22 PM »
Sure..... How many times has each of 50's, G-Unit's, Banks, Buck's, Em, Dre's, Stat's, Bishops, etc etc been pushed back or canceled? Bullshit. Release Em, 50, Bishop then Detox, that's what we want!!

Na, I'd like Detox before Bishop.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 07:41:32 AM »
Lol unless they're both releasing greatest hits, there's no way we'll see 2 albums from 2 artists on Interscope in 1 year.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 07:45:31 AM »
I can see Em dropping 2 new albums worth of material, it has been a minute since "Encore"
As for 50, I can see BISD & maybe the greatest hit's album with 3 or 4 unheards on it.

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »

Paul

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 09:04:02 AM »

that would be the better idea, gettin people to hear Bishop on Detox creating a buzz for his album
funkyfreshintheflesh

Matty

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 10:19:33 AM »
given interscope's track record with releases it'd be very good going to just get 1 album out from each of these guys in '09. this two album stuff is completely and utter bullshit.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 10:57:32 AM »

that would be the better idea, gettin people to hear Bishop on Detox creating a buzz for his album
well it's simple, Bishop won't come out before Detox.

ask Jimmy

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 01:27:42 PM »
You know, ever since news about Em's new record started dropping, it seems to me like 50 is talking to the press after every news piece about Em. And everytime he's saying similar shit - "I was the 'cause of Em doing that", "That was my idea", "My record is dropping right after Em's - remember kids!" - shit like that. Like whenever a spotlight is being shed on Em, 50 elbows his way in the spotlight. It just seems weird to me.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 01:45:18 PM »
Yeah right 50. He'll be lucky to release one album this year, besides he's too busy filming Pimpin' Curly videos lmfao
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 02:28:33 PM »

ask Jimmy

That's probably the best way to do it, but it didn't work for Hittman, they need to finish the album, and release it a month or so after Detox, any longer won't help.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »
I reckon Bishop needs a spot on Relapse as well, but most likely he'll be on BISD. A feature on an Em album would be better for him in terms of building buzz for his album.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 04:31:39 PM »

ask Jimmy

That's probably the best way to do it, but it didn't work for Hittman, they need to finish the album, and release it a month or so after Detox, any longer won't help.

But it did work for Snoop. It all will depend on how much buzz he gets from being on Detox. And whether he can put together a classic debut.