Author Topic: Crooked I "I'm Still A MC" (First leak off of B.O.S.S.)  (Read 2430 times)

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Crooked I "I'm Still A MC" (First leak off of B.O.S.S.)
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2009, 09:05:36 AM »
Track is good. Crooked's flow is enormous. But the beat is all over the place, and sounds tiny like it was made on a PC.

No songs on BOSS will be as classic as his Death Row era, because his producers nowadays are amature compared to Big Hutch & Daz.

Hectic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 60,000 RECORDS SOLD OUT THE TRUNK!!!!
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »
this shit is hot!! KOMPLEX KILLED IT!!! PROPS

Luigi Vercotti

• Lil Geezy
  • High Class
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2009, 10:48:37 AM »
Boom Boom Clap, Cali Boyz, Str8 Bosses, New West Anthem,Dream Big Im Still A MC. This bloke Crooked released all this great high class material for free without big budget deal and industry support. Fans respect that. 8)
I decided to open a high class night club for the gentry at Biggleswade with international cuisine and cooking and top line acts, and not a cheap clip joint for picking up tarts -- that was right out, I deny that completely.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2009, 11:21:47 AM »
This production sucks.  Lyrics are ok.

Thanks, Styles.
lol i'm glad i never anticipated this album, cause i would have felt cheated if i had  :laugh:

Me too.  I enjoy his freestyles but that's about it.  I don't think Crook is inherently a song writer.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »
Wait, he said "kiss me through her camera phone". Soulja boy? Does that mean this is a newly recorded track and not a track from the actuall BOSS album?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »
Boom Boom Clap, Cali Boyz, Str8 Bosses, New West Anthem,Dream Big Im Still A MC. This bloke Crooked released all this great high class material for free without big budget deal and industry support. Fans respect that. 8)

Other than the 2 songs I crossed out, tall those songs were failed attempts at singles. And the funny part is "Str8 Bosses" would've been the best choice.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

EFFeX

« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2009, 11:53:24 AM »
Wait, he said "kiss me through her camera phone". Soulja boy? Does that mean this is a newly recorded track and not a track from the actuall BOSS album?

Well, I've touched on this subject on some other forums, but this track was obviously recorded more recently than his other material. However, it IS a B.O.S.S. track. Dont' forget B.O.S.S. has been revised so many times that we are not getting the original product that he started years back.

EFFeX

« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2009, 11:54:26 AM »

Other than the 2 songs I crossed out, tall those songs were failed attempts at singles. And the funny part is "Str8 Bosses" would've been the best choice.

Str8 Bosses really is one of my favorite Crook tracks ever... However, I think Boom Boom Clap would have been huge, I've never played that for someone and they said "Wack". It came down to ZERO promotion. The label just didn't do their job.

Str8 Bosses would have put Crook on the map though.

MR_JV

« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2009, 12:04:13 PM »
crooked kills it!

i can understand why some people dont like the beat but i think the track is dope!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2009, 12:23:11 PM »
This production sucks.  Lyrics are ok.

Thanks, Styles.
lol i'm glad i never anticipated this album, cause i would have felt cheated if i had  :laugh:

Aye wich album are u talking about? This is not his debut album.
BOSS

Aye, its the "downloadable version of BOSS - track by track". I wouldnt call that his long anticipated debut album.
whatever you want to call it, the download album is still the beginning of something serious ;D

Aye as long as its all high class material I am happy! I have to point that this bloke Crooked I is generous when it comes to giving songs to fans.

Crook has put out more free music than some emcees drop their entire career, can't hate that!
oh yeah that's a good thing ;)

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2009, 12:28:34 PM »
No songs on BOSS will be as classic as his Death Row era, because his producers nowadays are amature compared to Big Hutch & Daz.
Someone should remix some of Crookeds newer rhymes with older Death Row beats just for the comparison, anyone?

Elano

« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2009, 12:47:19 PM »
lmao ^

Maaat

• 'G'
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2009, 12:54:22 PM »
Song nice but the track by track downloadin

00X2X

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2009, 01:17:56 PM »
just sounds like any other crook track he makes , next..... 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/rW6GVvOgcsY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/rW6GVvOgcsY</a>

jeanmiche777

« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2009, 01:23:09 PM »
just sounds like any other crook track he makes , next.....