Author Topic: Crooked I "I'm Still A MC" (First leak off of B.O.S.S.)  (Read 2363 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Crooked I "I'm Still A MC" (First leak off of B.O.S.S.)
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2009, 08:16:29 PM »
This production sucks.  Lyrics are ok.

Thanks, Styles.
lol i'm glad i never anticipated this album, cause i would have felt cheated if i had  :laugh:

Aye wich album are u talking about? This is not his debut album.
BOSS

Aye, its the "downloadable version of BOSS - track by track". I wouldnt call that his long anticipated debut album.
whatever you want to call it, the download album is still the beginning of something serious ;D

Aye as long as its all high class material I am happy! I have to point that this bloke Crooked I is generous when it comes to giving songs to fans.

Crook has put out more dope free music than some emcees drop their entire career, can't hate that!
oh yeah that's a good thing ;)

great thing!
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

ju1ce13

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2009, 11:28:06 PM »
hes prob gonna leak the entire album. its gon b fire either way

Crooked I

« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2009, 09:33:46 PM »
Crooked says that he doesnt want labels to make all the money of it,but whats the problem to sell cds on ur own website and make all the money ?u dont need any shit to sell ur cds for yourself ???????

EFFeX

« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2009, 06:52:18 AM »
Surprised people aren't feeling the beat, this joint goes hard.

JohnnyL

« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2009, 07:01:45 AM »
No songs on BOSS will be as classic as his Death Row era, because his producers nowadays are amature compared to Big Hutch & Daz.
Someone should remix some of Crookeds newer rhymes with older Death Row beats just for the comparison, anyone?

OR...someone could just give us the Death Row songs.

JohnnyL

« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2009, 07:08:09 AM »

I like the beat...it didn't reinvent the wheel or split the atom, but the beat is a solid beat imo.  And to your earlier point, I definately agree that the anticipation for B.O.S.S. has built up for so long now that it could never live up to the hype.  Unfortunately, he's probably changed his minds on a tracklist so many times, it's hard to say what the ultimate version of B.O.S.S. could have been.  Maybe the tracklist from a couple years ago would've been the best one, maybe not.  Personally, I wouldn't mind if this project had older tracks on it, if they were ones that hadn't previously leaked.  I think, he'll probably shelve any songs like that in favor of putting out more recently recorded material.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2009, 10:58:05 AM »
i'm having a hard time to believe that, seriously.

no disrespect ;)

EFFeX

« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2009, 11:57:30 AM »

no disrespect ;)

None taken, everyone is welcome to their own opinion.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2009, 12:56:57 PM »
Nice headache synths. This song is off to garbage can.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »
Dope track, I'm feelin' it.

The beat ain't all that but it bangs in a good system, plus crooked's delivery & wordplay heals the wounds.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2009, 02:57:18 PM »

I like the beat...it didn't reinvent the wheel or split the atom, but the beat is a solid beat imo.  And to your earlier point, I definately agree that the anticipation for B.O.S.S. has built up for so long now that it could never live up to the hype.  Unfortunately, he's probably changed his minds on a tracklist so many times, it's hard to say what the ultimate version of B.O.S.S. could have been.  Maybe the tracklist from a couple years ago would've been the best one, maybe not.  Personally, I wouldn't mind if this project had older tracks on it, if they were ones that hadn't previously leaked.  I think, he'll probably shelve any songs like that in favor of putting out more recently recorded material.

Whatever older material he has lying around that doesn't make the BOSS album should be compiled into a Lost Tapes album. At the very least throw them on a mixtape or another EP.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2009, 03:35:49 PM »

no disrespect ;)

;)

so don't you think the beat is generic then?

EFFeX

« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2009, 03:42:15 PM »

no disrespect ;)

;)

I don't think it's too generic, there's a lot of nice change ups in it and little details that you have to listen for... I don't know it's something you can knock in the ride, but don't have to worry about lowering cause the lyrics are sick too.

JohnnyL

« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2009, 03:43:19 PM »

Whatever older material he has lying around that doesn't make the BOSS album should be compiled into a Lost Tapes album. At the very least throw them on a mixtape or another EP.

I think that's a great idea, if he ever got around to doing it.  That's kind of how he described the Death Row albums when he was talking about putting them out himself, after B.O.S.S. was released.  Sometimes I think dude just stretches himself too thin.  He's got so much shit going on at once, it just seems like there's too many distractions.  It'd be awesome if he actually did that though.  Because you know he probably has a ton of tracks he's completed for the B.O.S.S. recording sessions over the years.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2009, 03:49:11 PM »

no disrespect ;)

;)

I don't think it's too generic, there's a lot of nice change ups in it and little details that you have to listen for... I don't know it's something you can knock in the ride, but don't have to worry about lowering cause the lyrics are sick too.
i see, but to me it seems that Crooked keeps trying so hard to make a hit you know ( even though this is a "leak").
hence he chooses such beats to rap over; maybe not all the time, but when looking at his previous (street) singles i see a pattern... ;)