Author Topic: * * Death Row' new bosses interview * *[talks about the catalog/new releases]  (Read 1498 times)

hobomotel

thanks for the interview! Hopefully all the tracks will come out.
I'm interested to hear some of NINA's stuff. Were some of her songs at the auction?

Elano

Boring.
Sure,if its not about the lakers is boring for you. ::)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Sounds like they've got some great ideas....but we've heard this stuff before, I'll wait to get excited until some of the stuff materializes.  Once they get an album out, regardless of who it is, then i'll become a believer.  

Dre stopped Suge from putting out any of his old stuff, so what makes this any different, i'm sure he'll block this company too.  Snoop doesn't want his old stuff out either.  So I doubt we'll see albums from those two.   Maybe we'll see 2pac stuff, but probably it'll be stuff from Death Row's lesser known artists, which is fine with me too.

hobomotel

Sounds like they've got some great ideas....but we've heard this stuff before, I'll wait to get excited until some of the stuff materializes.  Once they get an album out, regardless of who it is, then i'll become a believer.  

Dre stopped Suge from putting out any of his old stuff, so what makes this any different, i'm sure he'll block this company too.  Snoop doesn't want his old stuff out either.  So I doubt we'll see albums from those two.   Maybe we'll see 2pac stuff, but probably it'll be stuff from Death Row's lesser known artists, which is fine with me too.

Some B-Rezell or Jewell would be awesome

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Yeah, i'd love to hear Jewell's original album, with songs like "Smokin Tha Bud" feat. Snoop and "69 and I Owe You One" and that song that was playing in the background of the "Let Me Ride" video at the beginning.  You know it'd feature all the big names from Death Row's heyday.

Haze Zeus13

• 'G'
Yeah she aint talkin about shit.

JohnnyL

So far, I like what I'm hearing.  It sounds like she wants to put the business first.  I think that's the most important thing.  I did think she was a little vague about the specifics of what they're planning.  But, that may be because even they don't know just yet.  The specifics that they did go into sounded pretty cool though.  I like that they're wanting to package the upcoming releases as cds with dvds and extra artwork.  And the fact that there's 7000 songs to choose from is pretty encouraging.  I just think they need to get going on a website.  Even if it starts as a work-in-progress.  They should put something up just so they have a direct channel to the fans.  If you look at the website Wideawake has now, there's barely any content on it.  And aside from a couple pdf files, there's really no mention of Death Row.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 01:10:20 PM by JohnnyL »

EFFeX

So far, I like what I'm hearing.  It sounds like she wants to put the business first.  I think that's the most important thing.  I did think she was a little vague about the specifics of what they're planning.  But, that may be because even they don't know just yet.  The specifics that they did go into sounded pretty cool though.  I like that they're wanting to package the upcoming releases as cds with dvds and extra artwork.  And the fact that there's 7000 songs to choose from is pretty encouraging.  I just think they need to get going on a website.  Even if it starts as a work-in-progress.  They should put something up just so they have a direct channel to the fans.  If you look at the website Wideawake has no, there's barely any content on it.  And aside from a couple pdf files, there's really no mention of Death Row.

Agreed... At least that way they can see what the fans are most interested in and deliver the best product.

Mista Rosa

Snoop doesn't want his old stuff out either.

right snoop doesn't want cause there is too much new sound to fuck wit so why caring about that old death row sound.that's exactly hat he said.and then he does "eggo trippin'" LMAO hope snoop old shit gonna put out cause snoop is getting soft..
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

MediumL

^^^ maybe snoop will be more willing for his old stuff be dropped if hes making money out of it. Dre on-the-other hand is a complete different kettle of fish.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
wow, that's a lot of promo talk.

it's simple, death row has a bad name and it will remain that way for now.
it's time for action

Cant really see anything comin out soon,

Like to hear some unreleased Chronic stuff
like Mr.Officer

EFFeX

^^^ maybe snoop will be more willing for his old stuff be dropped if hes making money out of it. Dre on-the-other hand is a complete different kettle of fish.

I think no matter what happens Snoop just wants a piece of the pie, I mean even if it's just royalties from future sales of Doggystyle and Doggfather I'm sure he wants some loot from that.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
They got me wondering what The Death Row Inmate look's like under the hood now?  ;D

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
Dre stopped Suge from putting out any of his old stuff, so what makes this any different, i'm sure he'll block this company too.  Snoop doesn't want his old stuff out either.  So I doubt we'll see albums from those two.
I think that had more to do with them not wanting Suge to make money off of their work.  Since that's no longer part of the equation, maybe the stance changes

But then again....would Suge still make money off of the publishing?  Or did he lose those rights as well when he gave up the company?

EFFeX

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/March2009/17/c9866.html

Looks like we may not get further word on the material for another 6 months unless I read that statement wrong in this latest article...