Author Topic: I just resigned from a job that paid me $80,000. lol.  (Read 1014 times)

Nigga_With_An_Additude

Re: I just resigned from a job that paid me $80,000. lol.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 09:54:16 AM »
loves her some sikotic :raisetheroof: :love:

Floydness

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 10:12:50 AM »
Do what you gotta do, most cats don't realize money isn't the end all to happiness.  I hope you find what you are looking for.

BTW we are in the worst economic climate since the great depression and I got a raise today lol.

Youre right, money doesnt buy true happiness but heres my little theory lol.. If youre a miserable person, you'll be miserable NO MATTER WHAT (unless u somehow cure ur misery) but if ur a happy person money can only help make life sweet as candy.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 11:27:12 PM »
If you're money is not making you happy, then you're not making enough of it.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 07:18:19 AM »
Well I was unhappy with my job because I was constantly put in situations that I didn't feel were ethical.  I also had to be an extremely cold hearted person at times and that's not my steez.  I fundamentally do not agree w/ the banking system, and by continuing to work in that system, I am only propagating it.  And a large part of the reason I stayed on was I was making good money (there are more reasons, I like a lot of peeps I work w/ etc).  And yeah it got me nice things, but materialistic stuff doesn't impress me nearly as much as it used to.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 07:54:54 AM »
Well I was unhappy with my job because I was constantly put in situations that I didn't feel were ethical.  I also had to be an extremely cold hearted person at times and that's not my steez.  I fundamentally do not agree w/ the banking system, and by continuing to work in that system, I am only propagating it.  And a large part of the reason I stayed on was I was making good money (there are more reasons, I like a lot of peeps I work w/ etc).  And yeah it got me nice things, but materialistic stuff doesn't impress me nearly as much as it used to.

I'm sure you heard of Kaiser Permanente?  I am currently working there...and I say, "wtf?"  People there are fucked up, and this week I've been called in to see my manager all week...that's beyond bullshit...this ain't my week...fuck!

I know some of my co-workers are just lazy, dick-suckin', motherfuckers who want to bring me down.  I always see my co-workers talking back to the patient who are trying to get their medications.
COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

Hey, for those who are not working...here's some advice:
-if you have no income, take all your money from the bank, and file for unemployment. 
-when are you in unemployment status, apply for many health care programs for FREE! You can get more programs..just gotta find.
You ain't gotta work anymore.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 03:52:19 PM »
Much respect for having the will to do that. I'm hoping to do something similar when I graduate school in a year or 2, because I have only been to a handful of states and the only other country I've been in is Mexico, and not that deep into it. I know a couple friends who did a study abroad program or went for a summer, but I would love to see a lot of different places and interact with people from other societies. Good luck on your journey, hope you get what you want out of it.
I got a bird's eye view

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 06:24:24 PM »

I'm sure you heard of Kaiser Permanente?  I am currently working there...and I say, "wtf?"  People there are fucked up, and this week I've been called in to see my manager all week...that's beyond bullshit...this ain't my week...fuck!

I know some of my co-workers are just lazy, dick-suckin', motherfuckers who want to bring me down.  I always see my co-workers talking back to the patient who are trying to get their medications.
COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

-if you have no income, take all your money from the bank, and file for unemployment. 
-when are you in unemployment status, apply for many health care programs for FREE! You can get more programs..just gotta find.

It's too bad a lot of people are now being turned down for unemployment, otherwise it might have been a good plan.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 09:28:38 PM »

COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

It's too bad a lot of people are now being turned down for unemployment, otherwise it might have been a good plan.
why would they be turned down?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

alcoolholic

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 02:30:38 AM »
party hard, i recommend a back packing trip through colombia

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 12:46:55 PM »

COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

Because too many people are losing their jobs and the federal government doesn't have enough to support them.

'EclipZe

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 12:54:43 PM »
you got some major balls son lol, have a good one in your trips!

im glad i still got my job at a mortgage company, got a 20-36 hours contract though... work the minimal now because there's not much to do now which is pretty gay but hey, just had a raise and atleast i still got a job.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 01:45:35 PM »

COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

Because too many people are losing their jobs and the federal government doesn't have enough to support them.
So, what qualifies them?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 03:04:49 PM »

COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

So, what qualifies them?

Dependants, former income level, disability...

Basically those who are fully capable of finding a job, though none are to be had, are getting the shaft.

N_M_N

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 03:08:45 PM »
Well, all bullshit in this thread aside, good luck man and have fun. It takes a lot of confidence and a sound mind to not worry yourself ragged over big moves and you seem to posses that.

Until then,

No More Nonsense.

dexter

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 07:30:25 AM »
visit Greece